Welcome to Gaia! ::

Is your username an important part of your identity here on Gaia?

Yes 0.76666666666667 76.7% [ 115 ]
No 0.073333333333333 7.3% [ 11 ]
It doesn't matter to me. 0.12666666666667 12.7% [ 19 ]
Other (explain) 0.033333333333333 3.3% [ 5 ]
Total Votes:[ 150 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Nerd

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Answering in question format because I'm lazy and it's 3am here sweatdrop

Is your username an important aspect of your presence on Gaia?
I feel like it's identifiable as me I guess

Do you use the same username on Gaia as you do other parts of the internet?
For avi sites I use a variation of the same name Baxt of Chloria Bibaxt on magivolve<which closed I think

Do you have multiple accounts for different avatars, genders, or other uses and name them accordingly?
I have multiple accounts and they all have different names only one is specific to a theme though

Have you ever changed your username before, and if so how many times?
On this account? I've changed it once I was an OC van helson to begin with

Are you ever curious as to how someone came up with their username?
A lot actually some you know off the bat why or the personality of the person and can get a gist but it is fun reading the reasonings behind people choosing usernames

Are you creative with your usernames or do you just use whatever you came up with on the fly?
Not especially creative I was going through a lore phase with old myths and whatnot and Bibaxt is a word from romani culture meaning unlucky

OG Hero

i wish i had a more thought up OC so I could have a username pertaining to it but.... nope.. emo

Skylex Nevaeh's Husband

Shirtless Demon

17,050 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
princesse chi
i wish i had a more thought up OC so I could have a username pertaining to it but.... nope.. emo

gaia_nitemareleft gaia_diamond gaia_nitemareright

Even though both of my OCs have really well thought-out histories, I can't for the life of me, come up with a username for them. =w=

So I'm boring and use "Loveparody" and "Loveparody v2" for the time being. gonk

All of the usernames I have an interest in are all from heavy metal bands and song titles. >_>

OG Hero

Loveparody
princesse chi

Even though both of my OCs have really well thought-out histories, I can't for the life of me, come up with a username for them. =w=

So I'm boring and use "Loveparody" and "Loveparody v2" for the time being. gonk

All of the usernames I have an interest in are all from heavy metal bands and song titles. >_>

LOL Can't you maybe use their fullnames? Unless they're taken or something. xD

I would use song titles/band names but... i feel like that's unoriginal and then I might get judged for my music tastes PFFT.

Stellar Succubus

Absolutely. I changed to this in 2010, and I'm so glad I did. It suits me most.

I wouldn't change it unless Whip became available. smile

I have used my two free changes. I think they should really start charging more for those!

Skylex Nevaeh's Husband

Shirtless Demon

17,050 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
princesse chi

LOL Can't you maybe use their fullnames? Unless they're taken or something. xD

I would use song titles/band names but... i feel like that's unoriginal and then I might get judged for my music tastes PFFT.

I would if they actually had full names exclaim
They only have first names (Daniel and Eve). sweatdrop
I don't usually judge for music taste unless it's like Miley Cyrus...or something. xd
Heavy metal has some of the most creative song titles. emotion_drool

Madam Ace's Compadre

Shady Man-Lover

I've used my current one for over 8 years in different forms so eh, I'm not too creative with that

Even my mule names aren't creative. I have one that's named nobutts lol

I sure wish I can name my account as mingh but I think it's taken u _ u

Dangerous Ladykiller

13,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nerd 50
I dont like my username at all, but Ive had this username since my Gaian beginning. Most people know me because of my username, which is why I never rid myself of it. Its no biggie. I just deal with it.
C;
I think usernames are very important, I literally can name several users from memory because Ive seen their username so often. It's like an online idenity.

Undead Enchantress

Someone got Erin before I did because I had to choose a weeabo name before I decided to just use my actual name. Now I had to change the spelling.

Sentai

19,375 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Cool Cat 500
i don't use this name anywhere else and if you google i doubt anyone would care about what comes up so

i had the same username for years and was a mod and s**t and then i changed it so a username is important but if you want people to leave you alone and you dont care anymore it is pretty easy to dump it all and leave it behind when you change it cool

Hardened Humorist

Is your username an important aspect of your presence on Gaia?
I feel that I've branded my strange sensibilities. I suppose base desires. Which is what Gaia is pretty much as far as avatar making goes~
Though slightly annoying with the attention it garners. /Yet it is reaching out to some people. Like a tentacle.
Do you use the same username on Gaia as you do other parts of the internet?
I've used it on tentacl... it's Gaia Interactive based and matches the site pretty well.
Do you have multiple accounts for different avatars, genders, or other uses and name them accordingly?
Yes.
Have you ever changed your username before, and if so how many times?
Once as far as I remember. It had juicy in it too.. but more in the sense of~ fruit.
Are you ever curious as to how someone came up with their username?
Sure~
Are you creative with your usernames or do you just use whatever you came up with on the fly?
It's kinda on the fly.

Noob

i always feel like my username is very unique..very self centered to think about it. But I like that it makes me feel that way with my username. I think its catchy...I dont think I will ever change it.

Perfectionist

14,400 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
User Image
My username has always meant a great deal to me. In fact, names in general carry an extreme amount of meaning. I put a lot of time and thought into every name I've ever used at every point in my life, whether it be characters' names in stories I've written, names for my dolls and/or toys, names of businesses I've created... and so many more. For me, names are the introduction and summary of a person or thing's whole being. It's important that I capture everything about that being within the name.

My username on Gaia bounced around from about four or five names until I found my identity here. In fact, the history of my usernames very much represents the journey I took to find how I wanted to define my presence on Gaia. While it was easy for me to immediately discover my voice here, it took a little over a year for me to find my own personal style; in other words, how I wanted to come across to others in a more visual sense. Once the Gaia artists started releasing soft, more pastel items that centered around desserts, I found that my inner self was much better represented through items. Not only was it easier to create intricate avis that reflected me as a person, but my style grew and grew until I felt 100% myself through my avatar. That happened to correlate with my creation of my username, Milk Kittea. Thinking about it now, it makes perfect sense. I wasn't able to solidify my identity through my username until I found myself completely through my avatar's style.

As far as the creation behind my username, I wanted to come up with something original and very characteristic of past identities I've used. A name that truly captured the essence of my avatar, and therefore, me. Milk Kittea, just as my profile states, is a combination of milk tea + kitty. The two bring together happy and important parts of my life.

I have mule accounts, but I rarely ever use them. I pretty much stick with my main account because I like filtering my time into one place where I can keep track of my Gaia activities. That said, I do not use Milk Kittea for any other site or account because I feel it's too personal to my identity here on Gaia to be used elsewhere.

Kawaii Slayer

19,500 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Magical Girl 50
i'm just emi
(and secretly a weeaboo)
emotion_kirakira

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff