Welcome to Gaia! ::

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

15,300 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • 50 Wins 150
B e a r i s a l

No one cares whether or not people are bored or impatient. I don't care if you have a "real life" or not.

Simple fact is that, people are going to spend money on what makes them happy. Why does it even matter to you that they're expensive? Because you can't have them. Is Gaia money hungry? Why should they be? They're running a business and paying people to do their job - create pixelated artwork for users and try to appease the users.

You also brought up how people can't pay the bills due to spending their money on stuff like this: that's their problem, and boo-hoo for them; same situation as spending too much on alcohol or drugs or anything that's a "luxury". Spend what you can, not spend what will make you broke.

You might deride people for spending how they spend to support a site, but that's your pathetic little problem.

shy gh0st's Wife

I'm personally tired of hearing all the bickering.
      Everyone always has something to be negative about.
      If you don't want to spend the cash, don't.
      Without those people buying GC we wouldn't have Gaia.

Perfect Saint

B e a r i s a l
Myrielle
B e a r i s a l
Myrielle
It's more like 100 bucks a year. That does sound more feasible. You're really not compelled to buy anything at all. But, if people like to enjoy the site for the entertainment it provides, then that's their business.
100 bucks a year to get into a club with items that cost even more. That isn't "feasible". That's 2 months worth of car payments for me.
Sad thing is half the people who do buy these items, waste their money when they don't have it. I know several people like that. They can't pay the bills because of their online obsessions.
Their profit should be the happiness of others lol not 250 dollars for a pair of wings.
I'd like to see your numbers on that though. There are around 6.6k members in that guild. You are claiming that 3.3k users exhibit a behavior you really have no way of validating? There are opinions and there is hogwash, I'm afraid.
Happiness, rainbows and pixie dust unfortunately cannot pay bills, rents and salaries. I am willing to bet that it cannot pay car bills as well. But, sadly, I have no numbers for that either. emo
Besides, it's really not your place to judge what others want to do with their own money...unless you work for the IRS...then people are gonna s**t bricks.
Lol, some get invited because they do gaia cash offers and get an invitation. I got a invitation because I saved up gaia cash from the offers. So I'm sure their is more people lol, not everyone in there is completely out of their minds.
Besides, I have an opinion so it's not your place to tell me where my place is.
It does dilute whatever credibility you may want to display if you cannot be bothered to provide something factual. In any case, you clearly have a disparity between what you consider worth it and what others do, but try to be more civil about your assumptions how people live their lives. Clearly, some of them don't require benefits to be tangible and material to be worthwhile.
Kiyoura
B e a r i s a l

No one cares whether or not people are bored or impatient. I don't care if you have a "real life" or not.

Simple fact is that, people are going to spend money on what makes them happy. Why does it even matter to you that they're expensive? Because you can't have them. Is Gaia money hungry? Why should they be? They're running a business and paying people to do their job - create pixelated artwork for users and try to appease the users.

You also brought up how people can't pay the bills due to spending their money on stuff like this: that's their problem, and boo-hoo for them; same situation as spending too much on alcohol or drugs or anything that's a "luxury". Spend what you can, not spend what will make you broke.

You might deride people for spending how they spend to support a site, but that's your pathetic little problem.
LOL Their is no reason to even have this debate/argument. Gaia has def gone money hungry, recently. And sadly if you don't agree, that's "your pathetic little problem"
Busy Bunny
      I'm personally tired of hearing all the bickering.
      Everyone always has something to be negative about.
      If you don't want to spend the cash, don't.
      Without those people buying GC we wouldn't have Gaia.
Then don't come in here and complain if you don't want to read negativity.

Perfect Saint

B e a r i s a l
Kiyoura
B e a r i s a l

LOL Their is no reason to even have this debate/argument. Gaia has def gone money hungry, recently. And sadly if you don't agree, that's "your pathetic little problem"
Hmmm. Sad. I'm not going to waste any more time with you. Made little sense to post this in a discussion forum if you were not prepared to discuss properly. sad

Dapper Duck

11,650 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I think people judging others on how they spend their money is really stupid. :c

I could say I think smoking is a complete waste of money and judge them for spending their cash on cigarettes/tobacco. That's just an example. I could say anyone who spends money on any hobby or item I think is useless or pointless is a complete waste. But it's absolutely none of my business and everyone has the right to spend their money how they wish. If there are users who would like to spend their extra cash on items on Gaia, I say go for it! biggrin

________________________________________ ✪ ________________________________________
Myrielle
B e a r i s a l
Kiyoura
B e a r i s a l

Hmmm. Sad. I'm not going to waste any more time with you. Made little sense to post this in a discussion forum if you were not prepared to discuss properly. sad
lol I don't mind discussing but when someone wants to point out my "pathetic problems" when there is people who spend $250 on a pair of wings, that just shows how messed up their priorities are.
Drink More Beer
I think people judging others on how they spend their money is really stupid. :c

I could say I think smoking is a complete waste of money and judge them for spending their cash on cigarettes/tobacco. That's just an example. I could say anyone who spends money on any hobby or item I think is useless or pointless is a complete waste. But it's absolutely none of my business and everyone has the right to spend their money how they wish. If there are users who would like to spend their extra cash on items on Gaia, I say go for it! biggrin

________________________________________ ✪ ________________________________________
I understand it's a form of entertainment, I didn't say their was and problem with them doing it.
I'm just saying spending 50 - 250 dollars on one items is ridiculous. I think people judging others their opinions are really stupid. Reminds me of the Zimmerman trial.

Unholy Spark

42,875 Points
  • Haunting Echo 75
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Wintersday Bard 50
Kiyoura
I just spent $5 to watch Pacific Rim today, and I know some people watch a lot of movies. If I spent $10 a month to watch movies, that adds up to $120 a year. This new Verge Club is $100 a year, which adds up to less than $10 a month.

...It's not much, honestly. And with the time it would take to rack up the gold to buy said $100 item... you'd probably be putting in a lot more time, time that could be used for something else.

I think people with your argument are really just jelly of users who can spend the money.
It's probably less about being jealous of status items on the internet and instead being outraged that such items were created in the first place, to drain exorbitant amounts of money from people on a regular basis and excluding people because of their real life economic status (ability to buy this crap with real money, not game money). And of course it would take a long time to buy something like that in gold, if it starts out at $250, but that doesn't justify the price to begin with.

Why in the world would anyone be jealous of a person who puts that kind of money into a website where the items technically don't even belong to you, and could be taken for any reason at any time? There's no way to get your money back. This place is a money pit and all you'll ever get out of it is internet status among people you'll probably never meet or care about.

Demonic Bookworm

30,400 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
B e a r i s a l
OtakuJeannie
B e a r i s a l
OtakuJeannie
People with money to burn, people who prefer to have things they can keep forever than say booze, eating out or movies/concerts. I can't afford it either but if it makes the high rollers happy, don't hurt me as they are helping keep the business side of the site happy and here for me to play in, it's worth it to have some items that are a pain in the a** to save up the gold to buy for honestly.
It's probably good for Gaia, but gaia was much better when they didn't have these cash shops. And if the high rollers want to do that then be my guest but 250 dollars for a pair of wings is ridiculous.

Cash has been a part of the site since about 5 months in and the items have always been hard to get. and I was here before cash and the place was dead more often than not before the cash shop opened. I also think the materalistic goes both ways, Gaia might want and need more cash now but the people are more concerned with having items than having a good time.
I was here since 05, it was a lot better before gaia cash. Honestly I didn't care that it came out, I received gaia cards and I've bought a few, it wasn't a bad thing. But when it's 50 - 250 dollars for one item, that's out of hand.

I've been here since June '05 and I remember MONTHS with NOTHING happening, the trading system eating items, rampant eletism over joindates and not as many things to do (remebers when Puzzles, Towns and Black Jack's debuts were huge deals). I remember less selection in gold shops and feeling like most pay items were out of my reach (quested a Kiki, always dreamed of Seal slippers, Staff of the Angels) and bumping seemed the only good option for getting gold (besides selling letters and that got costly as well) because I couldn't fish for crap as well as Clide and Matsuki giving me dressing greif. I understand that the site needs to keep evolving to keep existing that means being bigger and being less a hobby and more a business. I don't want to go back to the utopian Gaia that never was, I want the stable site now that offers me many options and there have always been items out of my reach, this is nothing diffrent just the numbers have change

Demonic Bookworm

30,400 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
B e a r i s a l
Drink More Beer

I understand it's a form of entertainment, I didn't say their was and problem with them doing it.
I'm just saying spending 50 - 250 dollars on one items is ridiculous. I think people judging others their opinions are really stupid. Reminds me of the Zimmerman trial.

And yet that's exactly what you are doing....

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

15,300 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • 50 Wins 150
Adnama Lavode
Kiyoura
I just spent $5 to watch Pacific Rim today, and I know some people watch a lot of movies. If I spent $10 a month to watch movies, that adds up to $120 a year. This new Verge Club is $100 a year, which adds up to less than $10 a month.

...It's not much, honestly. And with the time it would take to rack up the gold to buy said $100 item... you'd probably be putting in a lot more time, time that could be used for something else.

I think people with your argument are really just jelly of users who can spend the money.
It's probably less about being jealous of status items on the internet and instead being outraged that such items were created in the first place, to drain exorbitant amounts of money from people on a regular basis and excluding people because of their real life economic status (ability to buy this crap with real money, not game money). And of course it would take a long time to buy something like that in gold, if it starts out at $250, but that doesn't justify the price to begin with.

Why in the world would anyone be jealous of a person who puts that kind of money into a website where the items technically don't even belong to you, and could be taken for any reason at any time? There's no way to get your money back. This place is a money pit and all you'll ever get out of it is internet status among people you'll probably never meet or care about.

From people who can afford it? Why does it even matter that people are spending their money in a manner that don't appeal to you? It just sounds like jealousy to me. "I can't spend, but others can and do, so I'm going to b***h about it."

It's as if a person is being angry that Gucci exists or that Lamborghini exists. Or being angry that someone buys a t-shirt for $50, that you think should be worth $5. So what? Get over it.
OtakuJeannie
B e a r i s a l
OtakuJeannie
B e a r i s a l
OtakuJeannie
People with money to burn, people who prefer to have things they can keep forever than say booze, eating out or movies/concerts. I can't afford it either but if it makes the high rollers happy, don't hurt me as they are helping keep the business side of the site happy and here for me to play in, it's worth it to have some items that are a pain in the a** to save up the gold to buy for honestly.
It's probably good for Gaia, but gaia was much better when they didn't have these cash shops. And if the high rollers want to do that then be my guest but 250 dollars for a pair of wings is ridiculous.

Cash has been a part of the site since about 5 months in and the items have always been hard to get. and I was here before cash and the place was dead more often than not before the cash shop opened. I also think the materalistic goes both ways, Gaia might want and need more cash now but the people are more concerned with having items than having a good time.
I was here since 05, it was a lot better before gaia cash. Honestly I didn't care that it came out, I received gaia cards and I've bought a few, it wasn't a bad thing. But when it's 50 - 250 dollars for one item, that's out of hand.

I've been here since June '05 and I remember MONTHS with NOTHING happening, the trading system eating items, rampant eletism over joindates and not as many things to do (remebers when Puzzles, Towns and Black Jack's debuts were huge deals). I remember less selection in gold shops and feeling like most pay items were out of my reach (quested a Kiki, always dreamed of Seal slippers, Staff of the Angels) and bumping seemed the only good option for getting gold (besides selling letters and that got costly as well) because I couldn't fish for crap as well as Clide and Matsuki giving me dressing greif. I understand that the site needs to keep evolving to keep existing that means being bigger and being less a hobby and more a business. I don't want to go back to the utopian Gaia that never was, I want the stable site now that offers me many options and there have always been items out of my reach, this is nothing diffrent just the numbers have change
I used to draw art, fish, and hang out in the towns/rallys all the time. I was never dead when I was there. Bumping still is basically your only option unless you do sell art, fish, etc. The alchemy system isn't too bad besides it costing more to make the item then what it's actually worth. When the cash system first started it wasn't too bad either, until they realized people were actually willing to spend 100s to 1000s dollars a month on gaia cash.
The gold shops barely have anything in them now.. they always update the cash shops.

Dapper Duck

11,650 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
B e a r i s a l
Drink More Beer

Obviously you're entitled to an opinion. I, personally, could never imagine spending more than $100 on a single item, but I don't have a care in the world if others want to. If people have enough money to be spending that much on items, good for them. I'm not going to judge them for spending their own money on what they want, even if I'd never buy the items myself.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff