Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why would you spend $50 - $250 on one item.
They should reconsider their pricing for club verge
smh, not worth my time.

lol

Perfect Saint

It's more like 100 bucks a year. That does sound more feasible. You're really not compelled to buy anything at all. But, if people like to enjoy the site for the entertainment it provides, then that's their business.

Demonic Bookworm

30,400 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
People with money to burn, people who prefer to have things they can keep forever than say booze, eating out or movies/concerts. I can't afford it either but if it makes the high rollers happy, don't hurt me as they are helping keep the business side of the site happy and here for me to play in, it's worth it to have some items that are a pain in the a** to save up the gold to buy for honestly.
Myrielle
It's more like 100 bucks a year. That does sound more feasible. You're really not compelled to buy anything at all. But, if people like to enjoy the site for the entertainment it provides, then that's their business.
100 bucks a year to get into a club with items that cost even more. That isn't "feasible". That's 2 months worth of car payments for me.
Sad thing is half the people who do buy these items, waste their money when they don't have it. I know several people like that. They can't pay the bills because of their online obsessions.
Their profit should be the happiness of others lol not 250 dollars for a pair of wings.

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

15,300 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • 50 Wins 150
I just spent $5 to watch Pacific Rim today, and I know some people watch a lot of movies. If I spent $10 a month to watch movies, that adds up to $120 a year. This new Verge Club is $100 a year, which adds up to less than $10 a month.

...It's not much, honestly. And with the time it would take to rack up the gold to buy said $100 item... you'd probably be putting in a lot more time, time that could be used for something else.

I think people with your argument are really just jelly of users who can spend the money.

Wheezing Girl

Verge items are way expensive. Like 50,--- gc. Thats like 5000 dollars -3-
OtakuJeannie
People with money to burn, people who prefer to have things they can keep forever than say booze, eating out or movies/concerts. I can't afford it either but if it makes the high rollers happy, don't hurt me as they are helping keep the business side of the site happy and here for me to play in, it's worth it to have some items that are a pain in the a** to save up the gold to buy for honestly.
It's probably good for Gaia, but gaia was much better when they didn't have these cash shops. And if the high rollers want to do that then be my guest but 250 dollars for a pair of wings is ridiculous.
Kiyoura
I just spent $5 to watch Pacific Rim today, and I know some people watch a lot of movies. If I spent $10 a month to watch movies, that adds up to $120 a year. This new Verge Club is $100 a year, which adds up to less than $10 a month.

...It's not much, honestly. And with the time it would take to rack up the gold to buy said $100 item... you'd probably be putting in a lot more time, time that could be used for something else.

I think people with your argument are really just jelly of users who can spend the money.
why would i be jealous lol I am the one with the real life after all.
Not everyone spends $10 dollars a month to go watch movies, those are for bored people who want to entertain themselves. Or because their impatient, since they do come out on tv later.
Dolkia
Verge items are way expensive. Like 50,--- gc. Thats like 5000 dollars -3-
Yeah, I stated that. lol

Perfect Saint

B e a r i s a l
Myrielle
100 bucks a year to get into a club with items that cost even more. That isn't "feasible". That's 2 months worth of car payments for me.
Sad thing is half the people who do buy these items, waste their money when they don't have it. I know several people like that. They can't pay the bills because of their online obsessions.
Their profit should be the happiness of others lol not 250 dollars for a pair of wings.
I'd like to see your numbers on that though. There are around 6.6k members in that guild. You are claiming that 3.3k users exhibit a behavior you really have no way of validating? There are opinions and there is hogwash, I'm afraid.
Happiness, rainbows and pixie dust unfortunately cannot pay bills, rents and salaries. I am willing to bet that it cannot pay car bills as well. But, sadly, I have no numbers for that either. emo
Besides, it's really not your place to judge what others want to do with their own money...unless you work for the IRS...then people are gonna s**t bricks.

Demonic Bookworm

30,400 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
B e a r i s a l
OtakuJeannie
It's probably good for Gaia, but gaia was much better when they didn't have these cash shops. And if the high rollers want to do that then be my guest but 250 dollars for a pair of wings is ridiculous.

Cash has been a part of the site since about 5 months in and the items have always been hard to get. and I was here before cash and the place was dead more often than not before the cash shop opened. I also think the materalistic goes both ways, Gaia might want and need more cash now but the people are more concerned with having items than having a good time.

Dangerous Ladykiller

13,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nerd 50
A 100bucks a year is actually NOT that bad. Just buying one AC item a month with GC will cover it. A lot of users have easily spent 100 bucks a year.
The only thing that I'm not a fan of is spending a 100bucks at once. I like to buy small. 5O bucks isn't that bad, but it's pretty high.
Ahhh, such is life.

I hate living on a budget sometimes. Oh well, good thing that I have gold.
Myrielle
B e a r i s a l
Myrielle
I'd like to see your numbers on that though. There are around 6.6k members in that guild. You are claiming that 3.3k users exhibit a behavior you really have no way of validating? There are opinions and there is hogwash, I'm afraid.
Happiness, rainbows and pixie dust unfortunately cannot pay bills, rents and salaries. I am willing to bet that it cannot pay car bills as well. But, sadly, I have no numbers for that either. emo
Besides, it's really not your place to judge what others want to do with their own money...unless you work for the IRS...then people are gonna s**t bricks.
Lol, some get invited because they do gaia cash offers and get an invitation. I got a invitation because I saved up gaia cash from the offers. So I'm sure their is more people lol, not everyone in there is completely out of their minds.
Besides, I have an opinion so it's not your place to tell me where my place is.
OtakuJeannie
B e a r i s a l
OtakuJeannie

Cash has been a part of the site since about 5 months in and the items have always been hard to get. and I was here before cash and the place was dead more often than not before the cash shop opened. I also think the materalistic goes both ways, Gaia might want and need more cash now but the people are more concerned with having items than having a good time.
I was here since 05, it was a lot better before gaia cash. Honestly I didn't care that it came out, I received gaia cards and I've bought a few, it wasn't a bad thing. But when it's 50 - 250 dollars for one item, that's out of hand.
Little Dead Soldier
A 100bucks a year is actually NOT that bad. Just buying one AC item a month with GC will cover it. A lot of users have easily spent 100 bucks a year.
The only thing that I'm not a fan of is spending a 100bucks at once. I like to buy small. 5O bucks isn't that bad, but it's pretty high.
Ahhh, such is life.

I hate living on a budget sometimes. Oh well, good thing that I have gold.
$100 a year is bad, but $250 for one item is lol

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces