Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'd like to clear up one little thing:

Re-releasing, or somehow distributing things like the '03 donation items is not "unfair". At least, no more than the donation system inherently is.

I wasn't around in October 2003. That means I have 0 chance of donating, and getting my Angelic Sash that I long for. Is it not unfair to me that just because other people "(I) was here first." (used commonly in second grade) means that I can't have my Sash?

If I quested (which I currently am), say that I did manage to get my Sash. Say that I got the 1.5 million gold (Estimated value by the time I manage to complete the quest with the current state of Gaian economy). Say that I did. If the Gaia Administration released Sashes in an '05 donation item, would I care? Hell no. Would I be disappointed? No. Would I be somewhat irked? No. Why? Because I already have mine. I know that it's a '03 sash, and don't care what other people think about my pixels.

And what about when users with Halos either trade them away to people who, or simply stop logging on themselves? What happens to your precious Halo? A memory, never to be had by another Gaian? Is that fair?

What if you long for a specific 'look' for your avatar, and all you need is the DJ mini headphones? But yet, you can never have them, nor anything looking like them because it would be somehow 'unfair'.

So, all I'm trying to say is that re-releasing items is unfair to noone except the greedy exchange-whores who 'play' Gaia only to feel superior because they have a few floating gold pixels above their head.

Questing can be fun, yes. But not when the item you want is entirely unobtainable.

Oh... And just incase anyone's thinking it, I would have to spend $600+ in order to buy enough donation letters to get my Angelic Sash. I don't have $600 to spend on a webforum. Do you?

Comments, ideas?

- IvIatriel
thats why you work for somthin . Theyre rare things because theyre old... So get off your lazy a** and start working for some.. Do what I did with the zombie shirts sold high bought low...
Uh, good luck. These don't end too well, but I have hope in these types of threads everytime they start.
you said it, the only people that have halos anymore are the mods/admins
From what I've heard, in the future, the admins are going to give a rare chance to get a later donation item, but they stated that they'd never rerelease them o.o So I'm not sure.

Dedicated Shopper

4,600 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Or maybe come out with something that looks somewhat alike.. Like they did with the Jack items.. That way you could tell 03 from whatever year or month they do it...
aubray1741

Think again! I'm just a regular user, and I've got a halo. I know plenty of other people like me with 'em too.
aubray1741
not really, at the halloween event i saw several acatars with their names in black wearing halos. (unless they were mules for the mods/admins sweatdrop )
I agree in some aspects and disagree in others.

I think it would be cool to get a halo, but it should be a second edition. If they rerelease old items than the gaian economy would crash.
aubray1741
thats bs u know it alot have um "you" just dont see um
I would like a Nitemare Sash. That would be awsome if it was a donation item xp
Ahiko
From what I've heard, in the future, the admins are going to give a rare chance to get a later donation item, but they stated that they'd never rerelease them o.o So I'm not sure.

I think that's a good idea. Like hold an offical lottery for them or something, where the price tickets are low so anyone can join. That'd be really cool.
Zatch
thats why you work for somthin . Theyre rare things because theyre old... So get off your lazy a** and start working for some.. Do what I did with the zombie shirts sold high bought low...

Umm did you read the post? He is working for the item that he wants, but he is also saying that he wouldn't mind if that item was re released even after he worked so hard to obtain it.

That doesn't sound like much of a complaint, or someone who is lazy to me.
I, for one, would be pretty ticked if they ever re-released a halo. The halo is like the pinnacle of Gaian society, and the only mark of being a true veteran of the site. It's all I have left that screams "I am better than you" at the rest of the community.
Trust me dude, if you raised up 1.5 million gold and had a sash, you would want people to know that it was one of a kind and that it was unique.

If the mods began to re-release items, it wouldn't be fair to those who have worked long and hard to get their item. They would feel completely used when the mods gave out new devil tails or something and every other newb had one and his or her item wouldn't be special anymore.

Gaia is a living, breathing heirarchy of people; it's meant to be a community and there will be poor and there will be rich and things only obtainable by being wealthy and working hard.

And that's my theory. 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces