Welcome to Gaia! ::

Asmodai - the Demon Lord
Vanov
Asmodai - the Demon Lord
It seems to me the only arrogant one is you.

If your thread dies, it's not a good thread.

I made a thread on popcorn last night, and it's reached three pages. Get to ******** work.

Wrong. My thread started to die when it was moved. I've seen it happen to tons of good threads. Your self justification is thus flawed. Say what all of you like. I like a good discussion and debate as much as the next person.

Debates r fun cuzz i always win xd (and NO i dont think im superior cuzz of that...on the contrast i think im stupid)
Asmodai - the Demon Lord
I might also add that this topic is doing exactly what things of this nature are wanting it to do. You're bringing attention to it. I may seem like an a*****e to all of you, but I'm a very nice, likable guy, who just felt like the smart people were being stepped on because they're trying to say something that just happens to not be a fullfledged discussion.

I'm not promoting Anti-GD/CB. Just passing along a message that many people agree with.

Noraboo: Maybe you should get over yourself. It was a simple mistake. Notice of course that the only one swearing is you even though something I'm trying to promote is getting free shots done at. I'm not just making threads for me and my chums to go to either. I'm talking about making threads trying to spread what I consider useful, academic ideas. So sue me for trying to promote learning.

I disagree.

Not that I'm arrogant. I am. I considered including that in the opening of my thread, but then decided that talking about myself in my own thread was just a bit too arrogant.

However, I do think that desiring the administration create a forum made up exclusively of people one wants to have around is arrogant. I think it is arrogant to think that because a very small group of people make threads that are relevant and appreciated only by a very small group of people, that these people are then deserving of a forum tailored to their specific minority needs.

In short, what you want is not an actual forum. Forums for discussion about non extended subjects /already exist/. The problem with them, though, is that they let in people you don't like or who do not appreciate these threads you have deemed so exceptional.

What you really want is a guild, where you can control who comes and goes and allow people to make threads that only are appreciated by each other.
Noraboo
Nyome
Dx have I mentioned I love you lots~? heart it's so satisfying to see something that's not NPC-related on the front page of this forum. ^^

Can't see the image, since firefox is hating against me big time, but I'll twiddle with it on IE later. ^^

I agree though. I consider myself er.. not stupid, but I wouldn't set foot in ED. :/ just doesn't seem like a very welcoming forum, y'know? x___x;

*hugs*

You were one of the people I was thinking of when mentioning smart people who don't go to ED. XD

heart

Finally see the image. @__@; Firefox likes to do that. And yeah, I've seen it around in sigs here and there, but never paid it that much attention. ~__~;

^^ Nyo's thought of! <33 awww~~
Nyome
Noraboo
Nyome
Dx have I mentioned I love you lots~? heart it's so satisfying to see something that's not NPC-related on the front page of this forum. ^^

Can't see the image, since firefox is hating against me big time, but I'll twiddle with it on IE later. ^^

I agree though. I consider myself er.. not stupid, but I wouldn't set foot in ED. :/ just doesn't seem like a very welcoming forum, y'know? x___x;

*hugs*

You were one of the people I was thinking of when mentioning smart people who don't go to ED. XD

heart

Finally see the image. @__@; Firefox likes to do that. And yeah, I've seen it around in sigs here and there, but never paid it that much attention. ~__~;

^^ Nyo's thought of! <33 awww~~

Yeah, the best way to deal with firefox not displaying pics... Is to just close firefoxt. heart
*stalks*
Noraboo
Asmodai - the Demon Lord
I might also add that this topic is doing exactly what things of this nature are wanting it to do. You're bringing attention to it. I may seem like an a*****e to all of you, but I'm a very nice, likable guy, who just felt like the smart people were being stepped on because they're trying to say something that just happens to not be a fullfledged discussion.

I'm not promoting Anti-GD/CB. Just passing along a message that many people agree with.

Noraboo: Maybe you should get over yourself. It was a simple mistake. Notice of course that the only one swearing is you even though something I'm trying to promote is getting free shots done at. I'm not just making threads for me and my chums to go to either. I'm talking about making threads trying to spread what I consider useful, academic ideas. So sue me for trying to promote learning.

I disagree.

Not that I'm arrogant. I am. I considered including that in the opening of my thread, but then decided that talking about myself in my own thread was just a bit too arrogant.

However, I do think that desiring the administration create a forum made up exclusively of people one wants to have around is arrogant. I think it is arrogant to think that because a very small group of people make threads that are relevant and appreciated only by a very small group of people, that these people are then deserving of a forum tailored to their specific minority needs.

In short, what you want is not an actual forum. Forums for discussion about non extended subjects /already exist/. The problem with them, though, is that they let in people you don't like or who do not appreciate these threads you have deemed so exceptional.

What you really want is a guild, where you can control who comes and goes and allow people to make threads that only are appreciated by each other.

And I have considered a Guild. Though I realize that would indeed be the most exceptional idea out there, many of the general populous of Gaia either remain in one or more Guilds that they've been a part of for quite some time, or jump from those to particular forums. How many Gaians actually search around for a Guild once they've established themselves in a very active Guild of their own interests. How many Gains actually go beyond the first few pages when looking for something of interest when they have nothing better to do, which is really what a lot of Gaia is.

If I can find a Guild that has already a well established ammount of members and is promoting general Academic chatting, then I'll stay there and remove my sig. I'll start search now in fact.
But Nobaroo!

Zazi is like, almost SEVENTENE. He is much smarterer than those peoples.

Like this won tym, Zazi has to battle these pasyckic aliens, and, like, 2they got all aslpoded by his brains prowers.
Asmodai - the Demon Lord
Vanov
Asmodai - the Demon Lord

I made a thread on popcorn last night, and it's reached three pages. Get to ******** work.

Wrong. My thread started to die when it was moved. I've seen it happen to tons of good threads. Your self justification is thus flawed. Say what all of you like. I like a good discussion and debate as much as the next person.

It wouldn't have been moved if it were appropriate.

I fail to see what part of this argument you're missing. Your system of justification of a thread's worthiness is obviously flawed, especially since you've gone so far as to challenge the grounds upon which we justify the fit from unfit. I suggest you familiarize yourself with the terms of posting in ED and shut the ******** up about your subforum, or go to a more fitting forum.
Asmodai - the Demon Lord
Noraboo
Asmodai - the Demon Lord

I disagree.

And I have considered a Guild. Though I realize that would indeed be the most exceptional idea out there, many of the general populous of Gaia either remain in one or more Guilds that they've been a part of for quite some time, or jump from those to particular forums. How many Gaians actually search around for a Guild once they've established themselves in a very active Guild of their own interests. How many Gains actually go beyond the first few pages when looking for something of interest when they have nothing better to do, which is really what a lot of Gaia is.

If I can find a Guild that has already a well established ammount of members and is promoting general Academic chatting, then I'll stay there and remove my sig. I'll start search now in fact.

There are multiple ED affliated guilds, and many guilds that have a very good mixture of both casual and serious discussion. Perhaps ask people in ED what guilds they are in, or poke through the GGN.

Shadowy Powerhouse

9,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
I miss back when ED had a purpose.

Pissing off Saturnine.
I can understand the mindset of those that want to use ED for extended intelligent discussion of any topic, and I think that's what the sig in question was trying to say. Nora, you seem to speak a lot more than any of us about how many of the main forums are now filled with the majority 10-16 year olds, but now a signature like this has come up that claims that ED isn't suffering the same 'record low' that the other major discussion forums are, you seem to be taking the stance that this sig is more focussed on breaking the rules and promoting a false image of a smart ED to users than it is having any pride in the level of discussion of ED. Which I think is missing the point. It's alright for you to decry the forums, but when these people do it in their way, it's not cool?

But meh. There's many intelligent guilds to discuss any subject over intelligently, so you really don't need to use ED for that anyway. And oonto something Vanov said, I make plenty of 'intelligent' topics, but they all die because I create them at about 3 in the morning US time. And I make sure I already state most opinions in the first post... Erm.

Quote:
each one attracts a certain audience, and though I may be wrong about the actual intellectual abilities of that audience, I'm not wrong in the fact that many threads that I have gone to are aimed at EDers

Asmodai, you should look into joining some of the smarter guilds. They generally have the same sort of audience, and you don't have to worry about breaking some sort of rule or getting your topic moved. The downside is your thread won't be seen by the main population of EDers, but that's the way it goes. Apart from that, all I can think of is make the 'Chardonnay Casual' ED subforum? Something a bit light hearted and less rule stringent in ED?

Whoah Symmetriad's here. I thought he morphed into spider_jerusalem.
ll KyoKyo ll

Yeah, the best way to deal with firefox not displaying pics... Is to just close firefoxt. heart
*stalks*

~o~ Kyo stalker! *hidesunderteddybear* QwQ

murr, but IE is so slow and spyware-ridden. Dx

==

And what's with this whole arrogance thing? o__O I've never found you arrogant, Nora~ 'course, that could just be me. *shrug* And I'd probably react the same way if someone brought in modliness into a conversation that had nothing to do with you being a mod. I usually get one of my mules to start a thread for me if I don't want people shoving a "status" at me, when it has little to do with the topic. ~__~;
Vanov
Asmodai - the Demon Lord
Vanov
Asmodai - the Demon Lord

It wouldn't have been moved if it were appropriate.

I fail to see what part of this argument you're missing. Your system of justification of a thread's worthiness is obviously flawed, especially since you've gone so far as to challenge the grounds upon which we justify the fit from unfit. I suggest you familiarize yourself with the terms of posting in ED and shut the ******** up about your subforum, or go to a more fitting forum.

That's the point. I feel there is no currently "more fitting forum". Also, my question is, what defines "Extended Discussion". Discussion, by it's own definition, is to talk amongs others about a subject. If by extended, you mean academic and worldwide topics, then many of the threads I refer to shouldn't have been moved. If they're not fit for Extended Discussion, I then propose something more fitting. But as I said previous this post, if there is a well established Guild that fits what I'm looking for, I'll be happy to go there.
I'm glad that this thread startled me.
Nyome
ll KyoKyo ll

*stalks*

~o~ Kyo stalker! *hidesunderteddybear* QwQ

murr, but IE is so slow and spyware-ridden. Dx

==

And what's with this whole arrogance thing? o__O I've never found you arrogant, Nora~ 'course, that could just be me. *shrug* And I'd probably react the same way if someone brought in modliness into a conversation that had nothing to do with you being a mod. I usually get one of my mules to start a thread for me if I don't want people shoving a "status" at me, when it has little to do with the topic. ~__~;

I think I'm more humble in R&C, as I'm in the position of not being able to make art myself, plus I'm appreciative of the art people make for me. I don't feel I deserve it or am entitled to it, which I guess would be a form of arrogance, if I did.

However when it comes to discussions where I feel strongly or areas that I'm confident I'm well educated on, I can be downright unbearable. It depends on the phases of the moon though, I think. ^^
Noraboo
It depends on the phases of the moon though, I think. ^^

Hormone clocks tick along a 28-day calendar ;(

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out