Welcome to Gaia! ::

lil_miss_aquarius
I am soo glad I finally found someone who shares the same thoughts as me on this. I totally agree with you that the cig should not be available to us to decorate our avatars. I think that the cig should go because like you said it is promoting smoking to the most vulnerable age levels, the ones that gaia is most geared towards. Down with the Cig!

Congradulations, now it's 2 Vs. the rest of gaia.

The cig isn't going, infact, since this thread there is Another cigarette item. Although you can have you opinons, don't think the cig will leave.
CIGARETTES ARE VEVETY-GOODNESS.

SMOKE THEM UP, KIDDIES! Causemyvirtualavatarislyksocoolyouknowyouwanttobejustlikeitlolzzwtfbbq.

Kids that easily influenced shouldn’t be on a PG13 forum. They're obviously too immature.
There is bound to be something that pisses off people on Gaia. Cig promotes smoking. Bustier promotes sex. Demoic Pendant promotes worshipping Satan. Gotis promote goat sex. xd

Truth be told Gaia is an anime-based site. Anime is from Japan. Lots of anime characters smoke and alot of that is cut out of anime. (I know Sailor Jupiter smoked in the manga once.) It's not shunned so much in Asia, and they live longer on whole then North Americans.
ya i know why did they do that.... domokun
Everyone knows they're bad for you, personally I don't smoke and could care less that they're on Gaia - that wouldn't ever make my try them. But for those that do smoke, they may as well have an item for it.... they have just about everything else. rolleyes
hurray for the new cigarette item ^_^

saying this out of spite
No. Though I don't think smoking is an ok thing to do it is legal and people are able to do what the want to do.

Also, the site is pg-13 and it is well within limits of that.
this cig looks good on avys, it should stay.
WHERE ARE THE BLUNTS!

Hilarious Cat

4,850 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Im 10.

Do I care?

No.
cigs have to go bad for health
Younger people are far more likely to start smoking because a parent, family member or friend smokes, or if they see it on TV/movies, then if there's a tiny little item on Gaia for your avatar.
And this site isn't even geared towards "kids" any ways, but teenagers. So I don't know why we're worried about a 4-year-old lighting up over this. confused
If you don't like it then leave. stare

Kids need to learn between fantasy and realitity. With all the warnings out there, I think they know they arn't that good for your health. Besides the site is PG-13. So just learn to deal with it.
i know someone whos like 13 and he somkes
actually i know 4 people that age who smoke (one is actually a friend, but i rarely see him cause he is always smoking and talking about crack)
one day a long time ago i tried it redface
i coughed hacked and through it down stomped stomped and stomped
all just in one short puff
i regret i ever picked one up
my dad smokes sad
i wish he would at least try to quit
i bought one here on gaia and sarted to never where it because it brought back bad memmories of that horrible day
since this is a pg-13 site and yet i see 10 year olds on gaia! *points at dogtato Kun*
i would like it to go but i highly doubt it will
i think i put to much personal life in there
hmm alwell
KawaiiKohaku
I'm sure this has been brought up before but I haven't seen it and it bothers me. Does anyone else think it's wrong that there is a cigarette item for your Gaia character? Gaia Online is a community geared toward, and largely made up of kids and young adults and yet they have a cigarette item that can be purchased for your sprite. Gaia is promoting cigarettes by making them look cool, you buy it for your character as a fasion accessory! It makes me sad that there are all these organizations fighting to try and keep cigarettes and tobacco away from children and yet Gaia, a place that kids flock to, seems to be promoting it. What do you think?
Should the cig go?

Umm, to tell you the truth, I don't thing there are enough kids here, if there are any here AT ALL, for that to be a truely bad issue. I mean, it is kinda risky, but the majority of the Gaians here are older teenagers and young adults. And to tell you the truth, I don't see alot of Cig-holding avatars anyway. But it's nice that you care 3nodding
the cig should go.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces