Welcome to Gaia! ::

Marvin_Depressed
It's not a game. gonk
It actually an online forum that contains interactive avatars and the fishing game, so it's main focus is forums and such, but it does have a game, so what would it be considered? A kick a** website in which the users have fun with no interaction on the plots and updates while the admins get no respect for their labor over a hot keyboard working on all the cool pixels they make which gets forgotten in a month while the masses demand cooler pixels after they say they love the last pixels. . .and I'm out of ideas to post here to make this post really long which raises my gold amount which is really just a automated system counting up until I make a command which decreases the number that continues to rise due to the over-working admins who do so much for us no-lived gaians and make us cool pixels that I won't get into and now I'm done
Lucrecia Sapphire
As Shok said unless you do something truly evil, that's the only way to get noticed. This, like the real world you are just a grain of sand in a cup that's going onto the castle. You always have that huge wave that'll take you down.

and we, as gaians, can create that huge wave

Aged Elder

Marvin_Depressed
What are you talking about? gonk
Gunpowder Tea
Marvin_Depressed
What are you talking about? gonk

changing the world...>>points to thread title<<
Phoenix_UL
that's probably one of the only things that irks me about this game. we seem to just be functioning within the world, and we have no affect on the world whatsoever. What's the point of roleplaying a character w/ dreams and wishes, when nothing can actually happen?

he has a point
...but a think slaughter of thousands is a bit extreme. Not everyone is big on massacre.
Kawaii Wolfie
Phoenix_UL
that's probably one of the only things that irks me about this game. we seem to just be functioning within the world, and we have no affect on the world whatsoever. What's the point of roleplaying a character w/ dreams and wishes, when nothing can actually happen?

he has a point
...but a think slaughter of thousands is a bit extreme. Not everyone is big on massacre.

my character is evil. it's just context...but thank you for agreeing with me
Actually, users have been known to become a part of the story... Whescha and the Gaian Crisis Squad were part of the Halloween plot were they not? To a small degree to be sure... but still part of it.

As to you being evil, slaughtering thousands and becoming front page Gaian news... well, it might be possible after the battle system comes out, depending on how it is implemented, but other than that--doubtful. To be honest, you have nothing that distinguishes you aside from a desire to be evil and powerful-- hardly unique among users, and if users could become part of the plot in such a massive way, the admins would never have any peace from fame-crazed rp'ers who want to be Gaia's next Paris Hilton or whatever (Gaia is not, and should not be reality tv).
Furthermore, it would really piss a lot of users off (me included) to have our plot be dependent on anyone other than the admins (what if you got bored? Gaia's not your job), so in terms of that... I say never going to happen.
*blinkity* It's a forum....
Listen... everyone's (generalizing sweatdrop ) all like, "O im evel i m strunger ten u i wil rul gaia" or "I'm the best good guy out there! Dark past, light future!!!"

Well, I like to think that you should base the beginning of your role playing from yourself. My character, Icarus, is compassionate, shy, and kinda weak, but likes nature and is very smart. Guess what I'm like? Tada! Just read that sentnce explaining my character. Now, I can change and mold from that in future roleplaying in character development. But if someone is a normal kid at school, who doesn't like a few people, they really shouldn't start out as some super powerful evil genius. You have to get there through the role playing. Also, same with you good people. Good people can start out really kind, but not like a humanitarian, crime-fighting hero. Then, there's your own plot. Try to stick to it; if it changes, try to stay in the same area. You need at least 2 character flaws or weaknesses, some strengths, a rival, and an actual story. You can't just do a crime, get thrown in prison, then come out really evil, saying that that's a story. I would say more, but I gotta go get breakfast. Right now on my cruise it's 8 o'clock. Yes, I'm on a cruise.

Oh yes, almost forgot. If you have a girlfriend/boyfriend, try to go into the story with them. Please stay away from the general, "She died! I want revenge!"

Finally, Gaia isn't a game! It's a forum!
Icarus7
Listen... everyone's (generalizing sweatdrop ) all like, "O im evel i m strunger ten u i wil rul gaia" or "I'm the best good guy out there! Dark past, light future!!!"

Well, I like to think that you should base the beginning of your role playing from yourself. My character, Icarus, is compassionate, shy, and kinda weak, but likes nature and is very smart. Guess what I'm like? Tada! Just read that sentnce explaining my character. Now, I can change and mold from that in future roleplaying in character development. But if someone is a normal kid at school, who doesn't like a few people, they really shouldn't start out as some super powerful evil genius. You have to get there through the role playing. Also, same with you good people. Good people can start out really kind, but not like a humanitarian, crime-fighting hero. Then, there's your own plot. Try to stick to it; if it changes, try to stay in the same area. You need at least 2 character flaws or weaknesses, some strengths, a rival, and an actual story. You can't just do a crime, get thrown in prison, then come out really evil, saying that that's a story. I would say more, but I gotta go get breakfast. Right now on my cruise it's 8 o'clock. Yes, I'm on a cruise.

Oh yes, almost forgot. If you have a girlfriend/boyfriend, try to go into the story with them. Please stay away from the general, "She died! I want revenge!"

Finally, Gaia isn't a game! It's a forum!

i have flaws/weaknesses...Phoenix, my character, is obsessed to the point of madness with this one barmaid. That's a flaw...especially sincing he's abusive when he doesn't get his way

my strengths: fire and power

rivals: Pantebula who stopped me from getting the girl...
is this for boys
no.
get a life
gonk
>>laughs<< that was great!!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items