No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Buggy Nymph

58,625 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
Cute Kittami
I know that there is some kind of caste system in the AT. The more popular people could dress thuier avas however they wnated, weather it looked good or not, they would sill get a 10/10. While Newbs, who only seek a little guidance, are seen as "untouchables" and are flammed the moment they walk in for having a little ignorance.

...That happened to me in AT. I had a good outfit, and I get an 11% out of 100% from a naked Gaian. D=

8,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Invisibility 100
  • Gender Swap 100
Cute Kittami
I know that there is some kind of caste system in the AT. The more popular people could dress thuier avas however they wnated, weather it looked good or not, they would sill get a 10/10. While Newbs, who only seek a little guidance, are seen as "untouchables" and are flammed the moment they walk in for having a little ignorance.
Yeah, that's something different... and quite stupid, in my opinion. I think less of the popular people who do crap like that.. because their actions show that they have a warped or nonexistent concept of worth. If expensive pixels = cool to them... well. I'll let that speak for itself.
I think that what defines a Gaian is:
- The way they write (spelling, grammar, etc.)
- Their avi/sense of virtual fashion (truth hurts, huh)
- The kind of threads/the forum they post more often *coughChatterboxcough*
- If they are or not able to discuss serious subjects and give valid arguments on a debate
- How often do they post off-forum
- How patient they are (flamers/non-flamers)
- How much of General Gaian Culture they have (knowledge on the storyline, on Gaia's history so far, on Gaian exclusive terms, etc.)

Feel free to correct me/add something to the list.
Of course there are.

8,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Invisibility 100
  • Gender Swap 100
[Related side-note: I LOVE my current outfit, it's one of the two I've made on here that I actually like... and I spent only a little over 1K on the items for it. The Taj items are cheap cheapity cheap, and I happen to love them. :3 In brutal honesty, I think a lot of the expensive, "popular" items look like utter crap, especially when thrown together with a crapload of other expensive, "popular" items... but some folks think that's the best, just because the items are rare and expensive. It merely shows me a lack of creativity. wink ]

Edit: Well, 1K outside of the kitties, and ooray for budget fashion! heart

Buggy Nymph

58,625 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
Michitsao> I like the Taj items, too. ^^ and you look great.
Michitsao
[Related side-note: I LOVE my current outfit, it's one of the two I've made on here that I actually like... and I spent only a little over 1K on the items for it. The Taj items are cheap cheapity cheap, and I happen to love them. :3 In brutal honesty, I think a lot of the expensive, "popular" items look like utter crap, especially when thrown together with a crapload of other expensive, "popular" items... but some folks think that's the best, just because the items are rare and expensive. It merely shows me a lack of creativity. wink ]
*live in the AT* i would rate/makesuggestings and comments, for you...but currently my comp isnt letting me see anyones avatars....thats why im floating around here X3
I agree. You look absolutly fantastic.
smackbringer
I think that classifying gaians into grammar levels is not really effective. If you consider yourself an english lit major, than maybe you think that way.

I think there are better classifications.

Noobs <1 month here in general

Veterans - Here from the beginning.

The Rich- Items and gold over 1 million.

Merchants- people who make their living off the market.

Fisherman- People who make their living fishing or do it for the rankings

anybody else think of anything?

I myself am a fisherman/merchant

well how about those who just come here to chat with friends and discuss their point of views in forums?

Cat

20,525 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Treat Hunter 50
  • Cool Cat 500
Steeple333
Cute Kittami

...That happened to me in AT. I had a good outfit, and I get an 11% out of 100% from a naked Gaian. D=

hehehe, if that was who I thought it was, I wouldn't pay any attention. biggrin

Most of the people who act like bigshots in AT aren't really considered to be all that important. The people with longstanding threads, who treat everyone decently, those are the "classy" types at AT. Look around in there. The respected people have very old threads, that still stay on page one or two - after being there for a loooonnnnng time!
There's definately a class system. Look anywhere on Gaia and you'll see it. Take the GD for example. You'll see lesser-known people posting stupid stuff, and getting flammed for it while popular Gaians post even less inteligent stuff and get applauded because they are popular. Some of the factors that influence whether a person is popular are wealth, apparent literacy and join date (whoohoo, i'm ollllld).
smackbringer
I think that classifying gaians into grammar levels is not really effective. If you consider yourself an english lit major, than maybe you think that way.

Flamers?
Risa_marsien_picies
smackbringer

well how about those who just come here to chat with friends and discuss their point of views in forums?

These are unexistent.

8,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Invisibility 100
  • Gender Swap 100
DrusillaRaintree
I agree. You look absolutly fantastic.
Steeple333
Michitsao> I like the Taj items, too. ^^ and you look great.
Much appreciated! 3nodding heart Wow, and twice, too. XD *is quite pleased*

Cute Kittami
*live in the AT* i would rate/makesuggestings and comments, for you...but currently my comp isnt letting me see anyones avatars....thats why im floating around here X3
Ohno! Can you see screenshots? :3 I have to admit, I frequent the Chatterbox, but only out of habit... when I first joined two months ago, I lived there poll-whoring for gold. I've since migrated to the Gaia Homes and Community Discussions forums, but I still pretty much lurk, unless I stumble across a thread like this one. :3
NathalieBinks
smackbringer

Flamers?

Flamers can fit EVERYWHERE.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items