Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
(the text might be hard to read in parts, but meh, you shouldnt have too much trouble.)

I thought i'd post this here as it sums up what could become of the GCD (and indeed other forums) if ways are not changed. I've noticed alot of flamers here trying to protect the forum from "n00bs", i'm sure you all have, but if you're always on the defencive like the people in the story, you'll never appreciate what you have.
So I ask you, link hands with the L337, dance in merry circles, and correct any mistakes without incident. 3nodding Make this place be a forum people wanna visit, and n** the flowers of elitism in the bud. heart

Link to image;
http://img296.echo.cx/img296/9021/story7by.gif

I could just post the what it says too, but thats no fun. xp
Argh, broken image.

If it's a big 'un, directly link to it.
What he said!

Invisible Genius

10,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
Cute. I can see how that works and applies to Gaia as well. I can understand protecting something, but when you smother it, you're just as guilty as those you were protecting from.
DravenAngel
Cute. I can see how that works and applies to Gaia as well. I can understand protecting something, but when you smother it, you're just as guilty as those you were protecting from.

Thankies. 3nodding
surprised heart Great job!

Mind-boggling Mage

I have no idea what to reply to this thread, since i don't really understand it's purpose... Good animation though.
Isilvara
I have no idea what to reply to this thread, since i don't really understand it's purpose... Good animation though.

Its just a warning. >shrugs< I know it wont do much good, but it was an oppertunity to express an idea that i know i'm not alone in having. xp

Mind-boggling Mage

D.Darko

Its just a warning. >shrugs< I know it wont do much good, but it was an oppertunity to express an idea that i know i'm not alone in having. xp

There should be a resistance force within the GCD... a force which fights it's INNER threats, those being flamers and alike. I want the GCD to be open to new comers... but i also want it to remain the same as it did before...

ah, change... there really is no fighting it, is there?
Isilvara
D.Darko

There should be a resistance force within the GCD... a force which fights it's INNER threats, those being flamers and alike. I want the GCD to be open to new comers... but i also want it to remain the same as it did before...

ah, change... there really is no fighting it, is there?

There shouldnt be any sort of force, just maybe some education... I think this place should be welcoming to all, even the poor and L337 speaking. 3nodding Even n00bs are human, something Gaians seem to forget too often. Going back to the animation, i'd rather have a messy town than a towering fortress. xd

Mind-boggling Mage

D.Darko

There shouldnt be any sort of force, just maybe some education... I think this place should be welcoming to all, even the poor and L337 speaking. 3nodding Even n00bs are human, something Gaians seem to forget too often. Going back to the animation, i'd rather have a messy town than a towering fortress. xd

I don't know... i kinda like fortresses...
I think gaia goes more like this:

- Villagers move in

- Villagers settle and all is well and peachy

- A few try to come in and get shunned

- A lot tries to come in and are accepted

- Some villagers leave because of the new villagers

- The new villagers adopt an elitist attitude

And it just goes round and round and round and round and round and round.

Perpetuous's Husband

Newbie Genius

4,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
Zensomnia
I think gaia goes more like this:

- Villagers move in

- Villagers settle and all is well and peachy

- A few try to come in and get shunned

- A lot tries to come in and are accepted

- Some villagers leave because of the new villagers

- The new villagers adopt an elitist attitude

And it just goes round and round and round and round and round and round.

A vicious circle.

Mind-boggling Mage

(DKD)
Zensomnia

A vicious circle.
Which spins...like a wheel...and Michael Jackson!

Dangerous Genius

8,250 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Heckler 50
reminds me of SW3 for some reason. xp

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers