Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you like warm, tropical beaches, the freedom to roam and Doctor Who?

YES! I read the rules and will start posting immediately. 0.15789473684211 15.8% [ 3 ]
Oh my...I've never seen a Whovian RPG on Gaia...not like this one, anyway. 0.31578947368421 31.6% [ 6 ]
I like this, this is WAY overdue. I'm in! 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
I like the idea of living in treehouses and being able to fish from my porch. What a neat idea! 0.052631578947368 5.3% [ 1 ]
The Doctor? 0.052631578947368 5.3% [ 1 ]
The World Tree? Every Earth Available to my Exploring! THE DOCTOR IS THERE? YES! 0.36842105263158 36.8% [ 7 ]
Which Regeneration do you like most? Post to answer. 0.052631578947368 5.3% [ 1 ]
Total Votes:[ 19 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 36 37 38 39 ... 40 41 42 >

Beloved Survivor

6,500 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Survivor 150
Mia was headed back down to the Center with a drink in one hand and a towel in the other and since she was close enough to hear Brat she answered as she pushed open the door with the towel hand.

"Misty says he's got it in his head that he has to 'make up' for us not having 'any him'...said he thinks he has to do it himself cuz that's how the Doctor is," She told Brat coming from behind the demoness. "So, if we have to teach him otherwise...well. He may be a Time Lord, but Misty says he's also a GUY...whatever that means." Mia shook her head, "She seems to think it matters. Anyway, I still have to cook cuz Misty said if you let him do it, we'll all be down with food poisoning before the day is out."

She looked around the village before going indoors. "There shouldn't be much structural damage to the houses...we've been through a lot of these storms. Might be some trees down, but unless a tree knocked it flat, surge, rain and wind aren't enough to kill your house. Mine was fine and so is Misty's and so were the other houses I can see from the village."

Dangerous Survivor

4,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Survivor 150
Misty came up just as Mia was going in the door and caught most of what was said. "The deal is pretty simple, as long as I don't have to put on my work clothes...the serious ones, meaning the overalls, as long as I can wear girl clothes, even pants, and still manage to do my share of the hard work, then he doesn't have to dress up like a girl...but if he's useless enough with regular tools and the only things he knows how to use are that fancy stuff, if I have to act like a man when there's a real man here..." She paused an looked at Brat. "See where we're going? Mia needs him to see he doesn't have to do it all by himself and I need to know if I have to still do all the hard stuff I was doing before. It's only fair. If I have to be a man, he has to be a girl."

Dangerous Survivor

4,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Survivor 150
Misty pushed on into the Center after her sister, grabbed the door stopper and used it to make sure the door stayed open. "I don't really know what to expect from him. Or what he expects from us 'cuz that's TEN and he has a nasty habit of not telling people what they need to know...so...yeah. We're setting up to make sure he says, one way or another."

She looked at her sister, "I'm gonna put on some breeches and go let the elephants out."

Beloved Survivor

6,500 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Survivor 150
"I'll get changed and start lunch." She paused long enough to tell Brat where the little bathing spring was. "It's good to get sweat off and there's soap and towels and stuff on a shelf next to it." She said as she headed into the changing room. "You can find something to change into in here." She added as she grabbed a change for herself and headed behind a screen to put on real clothes. A few moments later she came out from behind the screen and headed out of the room and toward the kitchen.
"So, basically..... you're testing him..... and taking advantage of HIS insecurities," Brat's tone indicated that she didn't totally approve. A grimace crossed her face as she realized that,.. if a being had stepped forward willing to be HER father when she was younger, she'd have probably done the same... or similar. Or NOT, who could be sure. Since she'd never known her father.... or had a father figure.....or for that matter, much of a mother figure......MEH.

Judging from how the Last Man from Gallifrey had reacted to these two, how had he reacted, ... er, how would he react...... Brat's eyes turned pitch black for a moment as she lost the thread of time.....

A shudder ran through Brat as she came back to the 'present', Those, the other presences she had felt while in the World Tree...... they had the same feel as the twins, as the Doctor......

No.... no no no no no no no no no..... Dismay showed on her face for a moment.

Brat looked toward Mia. "I think by calling him a "GUY", Mists means that males, of any species, tend to think things through differently than females do. Sometimes, we have to wonder if they think at all."

Dangerous Survivor

4,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Survivor 150
"Of course we are. We have to be sure everyone knows what all the expectations and stuff are. He has to know our strong points as well as our weaknesses...and we need to know the ones of his that didn't make it onto DVDs." Misty sighed. "And I'm really hoping we can get him to use his head more than he did on the show." She frowned thinking about the many times he didn't seem to think before doing or saying something."
"Sounds like you've already judged him based on what someone, probably not himself, chose to put on a DVD...." Brat shook her head, then laughed, "Should I hope you never come across a DVD set based on MY life.....?"

Dangerous Survivor

4,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Survivor 150
"You're not my mom. Don't get me wrong, I adore him. I just want to know what to expect." She turned and went up the beach to the elephant barn to let the taxis out.
"You should give thanks to whatever powers you believe in that I'm NOT your mother," Brat said.

"You'd probably be really screwed up then," Brat thought as she headed toward her own treehouse and the clean-up job she knew was waiting for her there.

Dangerous Survivor

4,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Survivor 150
Misty shrugged . He was her father, but she didn't know him. She needed to know him.
All the chattering finally roused Meia, though thankfully Lorelei continued to snore softly in that adorable fashion common to toddlers in general. Meia gently eased her arm out from beneath her daughter's head, tucked the blanket in close, and scooted delicately away before standing. A glance in the direction of the noise revealed ... Mia? No... Misty... in a blouse?!? Trous still, and sensible work shoes, but that was most definitely a blouse. A blouse, jewelry, ribbon in the hair, it perilously approached an outfit, as the girl moved up the beach toward the elephant barn.

Meia shook her head and made for the closet room Mia had shown her. After the storm there'd be plenty of cleanup work to do, and the soft blouse and leggings she'd worn to sleep in would do nothing but trap sweat. As she passed a window, she caught sight of the Doctor, passing his fingers along the Center's outer surface, gently, as if searching for something. The concentration in his song made her smile, she could visualize the earnest, boyish expression on his face as clearly as if she'd been standing next to him.

The Center itself sang too, come to think of it. She hadn't noticed, with the noise from the storm and the emotions of losing and finding her child before that, but there was definitely an undercurrent of song emanating from the structure.

"Hmm..." she murmured as she turned and closed the changing closet room door, hunting for suitable work clothes. Her musing smile turned ... speculative, then ever so slightly predatory as she wiggled into a pair of soft but skin-tight jeans that she figured would show off her hips nicely, tucking the legs into her boots, which were now thankfully dry. A utility belt for the tools she'd be using, and then... yes, that bit of wine-red hanging there would set off her fair skin and expose enough of her tattoos to draw the eye to interesting places without being vulgar. It was a modern poly blend, too, it would wick moisture from her skin and help keep her cool while they worked.

Satisfied, Meia swiftly rebraided her hair, tucking in the flyaway tendrils, and headed out, pausing on the way to make sure Edric and the others were still watching over her sleeping girl. Nodding, she walked outside and rounded the building toward where she had last seen the Doctor, her stride loose and feminine, but subtle, easily mistaken for relaxed by the inattentive.

Dangerous Survivor

4,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Survivor 150
It didn't take long for Misty to let the big beasts out and head back toward the Center. Her father was just coming up and she watched him look her over.

"Sensible...except that over jacket which is likely to be too warm. The shoes are a bit thin in the sole for running and the ribbon might be overdoing it, but not bad." He told her in a rather assessing tone.

Misty looked at him for a moment, then turned and headed toward a pier without a word. She paused at the fork in the trail that led to her house and sighed, taking the fork to go and change clothes. She kept to girl's clothes but she wasn't nearly as fancy when she came out. These were things it didn't hurt to get soiled.

She went and checked that the boats were okay, then. Two would need repairs, she found but she pulled the other two through the surf to the pier and tied them to their moorings...and began to fill one for a few days out. She didn't really know what she'd wanted from him. He'd seemed happy to have her in the dress, but she had been proud of the outfit she'd shown him and he had just...

She sniffled as she got ready to leave and then shook her head, blinking away tears that wanted to fall. She wasn't good enough for him, that was clear.

"He'll be happier with just Mia." She told herself aloud.
The Doctor frowned as his younger child's expression went from hopeful to flushed to white with fury. For a second he thought she was going to fly at him, but then she turned on her heel and stalked away, as only a teenage girl knows how to do. He stared after her, confused, he thought he'd paid her a rather nice compliment.

"OI!!!" He yelled out, startled, as a hard slap caught him in the back of the head and snapped his neck forwards until his chin nearly bruised his chest. The Doctor stood, turning, ready to lay into whoever had the audacity to actually strike him... and found himself facing the second furiously pale female he'd seen in under a minute. He paused, changed what he was going to say three times, and then finally settled on "You hit me. Why did you do that?"

The woman he'd seen pulled from the ocean by a great bloody snake and had interacted with only briefly since was clearly hanging onto her temper by a thread, as she paused and breathed before she spoke. When she did, she used that deadly calm voice punctuated by precise consonants that even the dullest wit knew meant trouble of the very worst kind.

"She is fifteen years old. She is your daughter, or at least you've claimed her as such." Meia's tone and pace began to rise, gradually, but there was a definite increase as the words flowed. "And do you know what you just did, Doctor?" He winced, her tone had jumped to scathing there for an instant. "You just evaluated Misty, like you would a Companion, and the girls know how long those last."

At that, Meia saw his expression turn inward as he realized his error. When he looked back at her wearing that "what do I do now" look she found so endearing, she softened. But only a little. "She was trying so hard to be a girl for you, since you led her think that's what you wanted. But you can't treat her or Mia like Companions, Doctor, because they're not. Companions grow and change and leave you. These girls are your children, and you have to start remembering that before you open your gob, yeah?" Shamefaced, he looked down, nodding a little and scrubbing one shoe on the back of his trouser leg. Those boyish gestures of his were really going to be her downfall, Meia thought to herself, very very quietly, before she laid one gentle finger under his chin and raised his eyes back to hers.

"Go get her, you big softie. Hurry up, now, that girl has definitely inherited your tendency to bolt when things get messy, I can hear her song shifting, and if you don't move that skinny arse you're likely to have a swim in order to catch her." The Doctor's eyes popped a little at that, and he turned for the pier at a dead sprint, shedding his tool belt as he ran.

He hadn't forgotten her entirely, though, Meia saw to her satisfaction. As he turned onto the beach-run boardwalk, he spared half a second to glance back and toss her that irrepressible grin that made her insides go all fluttery. She smiled, watched him run for a moment until he vanished behind a stand of trees, and then picked up both their abandoned tools and set to work seeing if she could figure out what he'd been looking for in the Center's structure.
Brat had found that her house still stood, although not undamaged. The storm shutters on the seaward side... well, one was sitting at a c**k-eyed angle and the other was completely off, laying on the ground a short distance inland from the house. It only took a few moments to set that back to right.

Inside... yeah, she'd been right. The baskets of herbs were waterlogged and molding. So were the reed mats. She carried them to a nearby gully and tossed them in. They could compost in peace there. The two chairs and small table that had been on her 'porch' were gone, blown away probably. She wasn't going to bother to look for them. The rope hammock she had had hanging under the house.... was damaged, but salvageable.

She'd taken the hammock with her, down to the beach, where she worked on it. Re-tying the knots that had come undone, tightening the ones that had come loose.

Sitting there, under a palm tree, she'd had a ringside seat to the...

She had watched as Mists stormed off in fury, had seen Meia smack the Doctor. She hadn't been able to hear the words, but, when the Doctor took off at speed, she was sure she had a fair idea of what had been said. She also had caught the backward glance the Doctor had given Meia, and Meia's responding smile. She knew that look.

Well, wasn't this shaping up to be a nice little family, she thought. The twins would end up having parents, and hopefully learn that they weren't alone in the world.

So, where's your place in this farce, old girl, she wondered facetiously, Honorary grandma?

Her fingers stilled as her chin sank down to rest on her chest. NO, family.. and romance... only brought pain. CARING only brought pain. SHE was simply going to do what she'd always done, she was going to do what was necessary. To survive. And this time, since she no longer had children to protect, she was going to do it ALONE. A single tear slid down the side of her face, unnoticed.
"Oh, get off it, ya little brat. Self-pity is for the weak," Brat's head snapped up as she swore she heard her mother's voice.

The sentiment was painful... but accurate. Brat wrinkled her nose in distaste as she rose, gathering up the hammock and taking it to hang, once again, under her tree house. It wasn't perfect. But it was good enough for now.

So, what next.... Attempt to repair the damage to the reef, gather some reeds to make new baskets for the herbs she would need to gather....

With a shrug, she headed back toward the village center. Might as well see what she could do to help there.....

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff