Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shameless Worshipper

8,400 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Autobiographer 200
Footsteps are heard long before the sight was seen as agirl ran down the back ally, jumping over things and running into people. Everything seemed to be a blur as I stumble into things and try to open doors. I bang on walls and crates and dodge around unseen things. When one door made of wood opens ever so slightly. my fingers find it opening and duck in slaming it closed behind me.

The sight suprises me, this wasnt some home but a place covered in random bottles and things. Its sudden smell almost makes me vomit. I grab my head falling to my knees as I try to stop the colors reom swirling.

Learned Bookworm

4,100 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
Gwyn watches Iris work, at first moving as though about to stop her, then settling back as nothing seems to go wrong, her eyebrow raised as she feels the building power, and then finally she holds up a hand as Iris begins to chant.

"Stop, please, that's enough. I'm convinced. You're hired, starting now, and I think trouble just walked in our door. Clean this up. We'll get into specifics later, but you just landed the best job of your life."

Gwyn gives a quick, tight grin. As she stands, she grabs a belt that had been hidden in the shadow of the chair she was sitting in, buckling it on as she walks. A gun-belt, the dual Colt pistols gleaming dully in the light. They settle into place over her hips the way a well worn boot fits to one's foot. There was still a palpable aura of power around her, and every unnaturally graceful step oozed confidence and self assurance.

Gwyn passes through the curtain, looking at a certain spot where she had been certain she'd sensed a girl hit the floor, and she pauses and blinks, leaning on the counter

"This shop is gaining a disturbing frequency for vanishing clientel.......I am not happy about this." she scratches her head, shaking it in wonder.

((EDIT: Batyah, you can 're-appear' whenever you're online next. Just trying to keep the thread moving. Nothing personal, and welcome! ^.^))

High-functioning Bibliophile

9,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Timid 100
Iris stopped chanting when Gwyn asked her to. Iris was now hired at the Sword and Scale. Now she had to take apart the spell. Iris blinked before very delicately taking apart the spell. A part of her grumbled over "wanting to have been told before the chanting" but those humbled protests were brief.

When Iris finished her clean up not a trace of the spell was left behind. Iris made her way to the front and didn't see anyone there. Deciding to get over the counter, she pulled herself up, did a small turn while sitting on the counter before jumping down again. She made sure not to knock anything off the counter. "So," Iris said as she walked towards Gwyn. "Is everything alright?".

Learned Bookworm

4,100 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
Gwyn shakes her head, an utterly bemused expression on her face "I could have sword I felt someone hit the door at a run and collapse just over there......but there's nobody there. First that homunculos searching for a soul, and now this." she frowns "My store is eating my clientel, and I did NOT tell it to do that!"

she glares around at the shelves, as if expecting them to slink away like a scolded puppy, then shakes herself and looks over at Iris

"At least you're sitll here, or I'd worry I was going mad......well. Since trouble has obligingly decided to leave, why don't you tell me about just what the hell kind of magic that door was? I spotted a half dozen runic systems....and I've never seen ANYONE overlap a mystic diagram without it exploding in their face. You....are a very odd duck, miss Iris."

Gwyn crosses her arms, still leaning on the counter and utterly relaxed, as if she didn't have a pair of hand cannons strapped to her waist.

9,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Timid 100
Iris laughed when Gwyn mentioned the shop eating people. "Goodness, this Book Monster is quieter than the one at the last place I worked at. Almost got me a few times." She said habitually before remembering that there was no way for Gwyn to know the joke. Iris gave a smile.

"That was something I happened to stumble across in my trials." Iris said now answering the question about the door. "I had tried to make a door to go home for a long time without any success. Sometimes I would get lucky and the doorway would simply blow itself up. Other times, unsavory things would happen." She said with a small grimice.

"Mostly, I got lucky. I found a few sets of runes that were dormant in their written state until a catalyst is introduced. Some when active wouldn't react with others so I had to learn what order to activate them in. " she said not sure how to explain the exact process she went through since she was very exhausted when she stumbled across it and had just enough time to scrawl out the process that worked before falling asleep.

Learned Bookworm

4,100 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
Gwyn does indeed completely miss the joke, giving Iris and odd look before her attention sharpens as Iris explains her process. Gwyn looks down for a moment, almost as if studying her navel, then grunts.

"Well....I can't say I haven't done risky experiments before. Just make sure you do any more in the bottom floor of the back. That area's protected specially against things like that. Next floor up is the staff area. Sleeping rooms, communal kitchen, showers. Door opposite the staircase goes to the herbiary and stillroom. Trapdoor in there is totally off limits. I'm the only one who can unlock it, and anyone who bypasses the door deserves precisely what they find." she pushes off the counter with a stretch "It's been eventful for my first day of buisness. I'm going to go get a shower, maybe a nap. You're keyed to the wards, they'll protect you. In a day or so, if you last, I'll set it up so you can control them like I do. If you need help holler, otherwise, explore. And go ahead and light some of that incense if you want. Just keep track of what you burn so I can replace anything that gets low."

and with a final slide over the counter, Gwyn heads back into the back, calling over her shoulder in a sort of lazy-casual way that you see in war and cop movies when the grizzled veterans are talking to the Plucky Young Newbie:

"Welcome aboard, rook. Yer in for a wild ride."

9,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Timid 100
Iris gave Gwyn a wave as the woman left. She now had permission to burn the incence and was given an idea of where was off limits. Iris wasn't exactly a rookie seeing as she had worked almost a year and two months in another shop before this, but this shop was new to her.

First order of business, burn a stick of sandalwood incense, make apple cinnamon tea, and look through the books in the shop. Iris smiled thinking it over before remembering she didn't bring her tea collection with her. "Books and incense it shall be then." She said as she moved herself to an out of the way position but still be able to see who enters.

Timid Shapeshifter

User Image
~!@#$%- Blip -!@#$%~
-%$#@!~ Blip is Blip ~%$#@!-

The ceiling started to ripple slightly as a boy... no... a girl... no... HEY. Would you stop lingering on the description of me and just continue? If you're going to drop me through the ceiling, don't make me wait for it! The He/She called Blip eventually fell through the ripple in the ceiling, and it had disappeared as ne landed. Though nir feet buckled and ne fell over. The Reader rolled onto nir back and looked up. It seemed there were only two people in here.

So this was it. Ne was the first character owned by Vucas to enter the place. Should Blip feel honored? Maybe. Though nirs entrance was likely odd to the two in the room. "Hello!" Blip finally said, getting up. First into a sitting position, and then a standing position. "Hello Iris, Hello Gwyn. Pleasure to meet you." Ne bowed at the introduction, forgetting (No I didn't) that ne shouldn't say someone's name out loud when ne didn't know them.

9,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Timid 100
Iris had just begun burning the incense when suddenly someone fell through the ceiling. Iris blinked and momentarily wondered if the incense was the cause of this. Well, until the person spoke. Iris smiled. "Hello Blip. You just missed the owner. I assume both of you have met?" She said going over to double check Blip was okay. "Are you hurt?"

Timid Shapeshifter

User Image
~!@#$%- Blip -!@#$%~

Blip gave Iris a look as Iris approached, wondering if ne was okay. Ne was fine. Ne was also a tad bit distracted looking at her words. There weren't all that much of them, truth be told, but it was the quality of the words not the quantity! The Reader brushed the elf woman off. ""I'm fine. I feel more like I landed on a cushion than... this floor." Was it wood or concrete? Ne couldn't be sure. Sara! My creator didn't see what kind of floor this was. Rectify it please!

""So, first Solomon's and now this place. Another magic shop right? You just love working in magic shops don't ya?" Ne asked, though The reader was fairly sure ne was right. Though... it had never been outright stated anywhere. Blip didn't think.

Shameless Worshipper

8,400 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Autobiographer 200
( sweet an active rp JACKPOT! Im usuly on all day) reapears to have someone land on her from the ceiling. And is currently being stood on, what a day. Reaches upto grab the foot and tries to pull it out feom under its main weight and off my hair. Rolls out feom inder said foot onoy to be made more dizzy. I claw for anything stable not in my head anf eventuly find something solid to grab. Mean while in my head I can hear things calling and screaming. Opening my eyes is still an aray of color so I just cling to what ever it is solid I found.

9,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Timid 100
Iris offered a hand to Blip. "That's surprising but in a good way. Falling from that height onto a wooden floor is not comfortable." She said willing to help Blip up. When Blip commented on her working in magic shops, Iris laughed. "I guess you are right. I actually enjoy bookshops truth be told, but I find magic shops to be more accepting." She said to Blip. "So what brought you in today?" Iris asked not sure if she should question how Blip knew she was working here when Iris was just told moments earlier.

Timid Shapeshifter

User Image
~!@#$%- Blip -!@#$%~

Blip gave Iris a cheeky grin. Oh, ne knew your thoughts Iris. Also thanks Sara for clarifying! "Oh, you know. Just thought I'd drop in. Seemed more fun than using the front door." Ne said accepting the help up. Though Blip was quickly distracted by... something. Words. Confusing words. Blip looked down at the wooden floor boards, and blinked. There was someone there... wasn't there?

Trying to stare at the words was beginning to be too much. Blip didn't understand. There were spelling errors, incomplete thoughts, and... ne just couldn't follow it! Blip... Blip was beginning to feel drunk. A sudden sickly feeling came over Ne and The Reader could have sworn ne threw up in nir mouth a little. "Could... I get some water?" Ne asked.

9,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Timid 100
Iris nodded to Blip. "Go ahead and sit down Blip." Iris said walking over to a chair and pulling it out. She would go get Blip some water once she discovered what happened to the girl that suddenly appeared.

Iris walked over to the girl clutching a table leg for dear life. "Is everything alright?" Iris asked the girl softly. "Do you need some help or water?" She asked in a calm soothing tone. This girl had reappeared out of nowhere and seemed to be in distress of some kind.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff