Welcome to Gaia! ::

Welcome! Any ideas on what we should add next?

Another room. 0.081481481481481 8.1% [ 11 ]
Expand the basement/catacombs. 0.22962962962963 23.0% [ 31 ]
Do something with the land outside. 0.26666666666667 26.7% [ 36 ]
Gold option! 0.42222222222222 42.2% [ 57 ]
Total Votes:[ 135 ]

Golden Gatekeeper

“My name is Bambi, sir. And just because I offered to fix you something to eat does not mean I was going to charge you for it.” She said kindly but firmly. “And while yes, there are many businesses that toss away food rather wastefully, it is only because they have to follow the rules and regulations that ensure that people are not getting sick off of potentially spoiled food.” The girl continued to explain. “And on the topic of rules and regulations, this establishment must also keep a clean environment where the food and beverages are being served. I technically have the right to ask you to leave, because you brought garbage that could very well be riddled with harmful bacteria indoors, when it should have very well been left in the dumpster.”

She then paused and took in a deep breath…letting it out slowly, so as to not get too worked up over the issue. “However…I do my best to give anyone who enters through those doors the benefit of a doubt. I serve them to the best of my ability, whether or not they are able to pay for their meal. If they are unable to, then I see to it that it gets docked from my pay. I would rather people leave here with full stomachs than throw them out to starve. And while it is not my responsibility to do more than feed the patrons, there are times that I am more than happy to see that they are bathed and clothed as well. With that said, I will not tolerate anyone simply leaving messes in their wake or threatening the lives of the regular customers.”

With that said, she turned on the balls of her feet and headed into the kitchen. Bambi made up the proposed meal, a winter salad with a side of chopped fruit…as well as a tall glass of water...with a straw. Something told her she needed to add the straw; just to play it safe.

She was not angry with the deer-like man. She was, if anything, agitated that she still had a bit of a mess to clean up, and someone that was making even more of a mess, and leaving a rather unpleasant odor in the air.

The girl was calm and collective when she came out with the tray of food, her movement as graceful as a deer taking an idle stroll through the forest. Her smile remained pleasant, even serene as she set the food down before the deer-man. “Here you are. Enjoy.” And from there, she would start cleaning up any stray dishes that might have been left behind from the night before.

Tactical Tipper

The creature hadn't expected to get a lecture from the pink-haired stranger, and rolled his eyes at her defense of businesses throwing away food. "I eat dumpster food all the time and I don't get sick," he retorted defensively. "S'fine, lady, I've mastered the art of dumpster diving." He pulled out one of the comic books from the bag, showing that it was dry, as if that would prove his point.

"When most people in places what serve food ask if you want somethin' they expect as you should pay. And don't fret, I ain't gonna leave anythin' behind," he responded. The deer-man was about to protest against her charity, but before he could do so she was gone. Damn. While he was waiting for her return, the deer leafed through the comic book and considered the lady's offer of a bath. He couldn't read all the words, but the art was nice.

When the employee returned with the promised meal, the creature eyed it suspiciously. Then again, this lady didn't seem like any trouble. Well, better not let it go to waste, he thought, beginning to eat the salad and fruit. It didn't take him long to consume the entire meal, and it certainly tasted better than garbage food. The thought of a warm shower was pretty tempting too: he could count the number of times he'd had one of those on one hand. "Hey lady... 'bout that shower..."
This creature is a five and a half foot tall bipedal deer-creature covered in reddish-brown fur. The shape of his head did not diverge significantly from a that of a normal deer: his muzzle was only slightly shorter than expected and still tipped with a wet, black nose. His eyes were a very dark brown, practically black, and perhaps a bit too big for his face. Small antlers and large, swiveling ears sprouted from his head. The creature's arms were longer than those of a a typical human, lending extra strangeness to his appearance. His three fingered hands were tipped in thick, black nails, resembling hooves. The animal's legs appeared no different from those of a typical deer except in thickness, and as such he wore no shoes.

He was, however, wearing what appeared to be a loose-fitting, dark-colored dress whose ragged hem fell just below his knees. Over the dress were layered an unbuttoned flannel shirt, a bomber jacket and a knotted scarf, all of which were old and dirty enough that any coloration and pattering had been lost. Given the length of his arms, the sleeves of his clothing only reached the middle of his forearms. He carried a small children's backpack on his shoulders, which was decorated with faded cartoon characters and patched up here and there with an obviously ametuer sewing job. Around his waist were an old fanny pack and leather belt with a few small drawstring bags looped onto it.
The creature smelled a bit like the woods and a bit like a dumpster: it was obvious that it didn't bathe often.
He didn't seem to be touched by any kind of magical energies.

Golden Gatekeeper

Well of course he wouldn’t get sick! He had a different digestive and immune system!

But the words were said, and the deed was done. And he was asking about a shower. Good good! This was something Bambi was a bit surprised to hear, but didn’t show her shock as it pleased her as well. “Right this way.” At least it would give her time to clean up after him!

When the deer-man followed after her, Bambi would eyeball his stature…the length of his arms and legs and how he carried himself. She would lead him out to the barn and show him to a small locker-room in the back. It was usually used by the cleaning staff, but Bambi figured allowing others to use it on the rare occasion wouldn’t hurt. “Here are some towels, and bathing supplies.” She pointed out the clean and unused supplies on the shelves. She would stick around long enough to answer any other questions, but then left to give the deer-man his privacy.

When he was done with his shower, he would find clean, warm clothes waiting for him. When trying them on, he would find that while they didn’t fit perfectly, they fit a lot better than whatever he had found diving through the dumpsters. They were basic clothes…sturdy for roughing it, but also made to stay warm during the cold winter nights. And while she showered, Bambi worked hard cleaning up the bar area, sitting areas, and kitchen…even steam cleaning the couches and cushioned chairs.

Tactical Tipper

((Sorry for the delayed response))

When Bambi offered to lead him to the shower, the deer man stood and followed silently, making sure to bring along his bag of food and trash. As he walked with a bit of a slouch, his head swivelled from side to side, taking in their surroundings as they made their way to the locker. After getting an explanation of how to use the shower, the creature took his time bathing in the warm water. Man, some people got to do this every day? Lucky.

Upon exiting the shower, the deer man found that the lady had set out some new clothes, presumably for his use. He crossed his arms and pondered the situation. The food and the shower were quite enough charity: he stubbornly his old clothes back on. As such, he still smelled a bit, but not as much as before.

The creature scooped up the new clothes, along with his bag of trash, and managed to find his way back into the brewery proper. He walked up to Bambi and held out the clothes. "I ain't takin' any more charity," he said matter-of-factly.
This creature is a five and a half foot tall bipedal deer-creature covered in reddish-brown fur. The shape of his head did not diverge significantly from a that of a normal deer: his muzzle was only slightly shorter than expected and still tipped with a wet, black nose. His eyes were a very dark brown, practically black, and perhaps a bit too big for his face. Small antlers and large, swiveling ears sprouted from his head. The creature's arms were longer than those of a a typical human, lending extra strangeness to his appearance. His three fingered hands were tipped in thick, black nails, resembling hooves. The animal's legs appeared no different from those of a typical deer except in thickness, and as such he wore no shoes.

He was, however, wearing what appeared to be a loose-fitting, dark-colored dress whose ragged hem fell just below his knees. Over the dress were layered an unbuttoned flannel shirt, a bomber jacket and a knotted scarf, all of which were old and dirty enough that any coloration and pattering had been lost. Given the length of his arms, the sleeves of his clothing only reached the middle of his forearms. He carried a small children's backpack on his shoulders, which was decorated with faded cartoon characters and patched up here and there with an obviously ametuer sewing job. Around his waist were an old fanny pack and leather belt with a few small drawstring bags looped onto it.
The creature smelled a bit like the woods and a bit like a dumpster: it was obvious that it didn't bathe often.

Golden Gatekeeper

(( No worries. ^_^ ))

“Well, then they will just go to someone else.” Bambi said with a quiet smile, taking the clothes back to put away in a cupboard. At least the smell wasn’t nearly as bad before. “May I ask where you come from?” She then offered, as she was still a bit curious about the creature. She was a Deer herself, descended from the First Born…yet, those of her lineage usually could change form from Deer to Human…or…whatever race they were born into; but never had she seen someone who was a combination of the both; with the exception of one…but there were reasons behind that.

Tactical Tipper

The deer-man was relieved when Bambi didn't try to push the outfit on him. He'd become rather attached to his clothing, as filthy as it was. He settled back down on a couch before responding to the woman's inquiry. "From? Well, used to live around a little town, think they used to mine somethin' there... Lived in a squat in a big city a long ways from here for a few years too, then that fell through. And now apparently I've found freak mecca," he revealed. Then, after a brief pause, he spoke again. "Speaking of, what's wrong with you?"

Golden Gatekeeper

Bambi thought on this for a while, her lavender eyes blinking. Freak mecca…? Well…yes, there were many strange beings that came through here, many of which she had never witnessed before coming to the area. She found it quite fascinating from time to time, and then terrifying other times. “I am not sure how to answer your question. Would you mind elaborating upon what you mean?”

Tactical Tipper

"Well lady, where I used to live humans would just as soon scream at me or try to shoot me as say hello. Then I end up here, and apparently I ain't even the weirdest weirdo around. For god's sake, I met a huge... wolf lady the last time I was here. I mean, like, really huge," he explained. "So I figure if you're hangin' around here you can't be just a normal person. I ain't gonna judge you lady," he assured.

Golden Gatekeeper

The girl gave a light chuckle and slowly shook her head. “If one were normal, then they would be the odd-one out.” She admitted quietly. “But you are right; I am not normal. It is something I am still learning about myself each and every day.” Bambi said honestly. “I would dare to say I am more similar to you than meets the eye, but even I am not sure just how true that is. You walk and talk like a human, but many of your features are clearly that of a stag. I will admit that it makes me quite curious as to how you came to be, if it just another form of evolution, or some scientific or magical malpractice.”

Tactical Tipper

The creature listened to Bambi's explanation with interest, but didn't push her to say anything more. "I couldn't tell you how I came to be, lady. I... think I was just a normal deer once," he responded, pausing thoughtfully. "I don't remember much. One day I just woke up like this, feelin' like death warmed over. Sorry lady, that's all I got," he explained.

"I'd rather hang out here with you freaks than normal humans. At least I don't get shot..." he trailed off for a few seconds. "Well, that ain't true. Some sliver-haired dude shot me. You know if someone like that hangs out round here often?" the deer asked, sounding anxious.

Golden Gatekeeper

She closed her eyes in thought for a moment, and smiled even softer than before. Bambi chuckled quietly inside. But an eyebrow rose up at the sound of someone shooting him during a previous visit. “Hmm…well, as of recently, I am unsure. Before the…mmm…two month vacation I took, I do not recall seeing any silver haired man. But, I am not always in here on a daily basis. I am more of a part-time employee here.” Then again, while cleaning, she had seen where Getoth had spackled various different bullet holes.

“Dangerous people have been known to pass through here. Not all of them shoot people with guns, so it is best to stay on your guard.” Even if he were to examine her, the deer-man would find that she had daggers strapped to her boots. Not the best protection, but they came in handy when used right. “But we all do our best to protect others who cannot protect themselves.” She added with an affirmative nod. “Are you alright? Did someone patch you up?”

Tactical Tipper

The creature scratched his chest absentmindedly as Bambi denied seeing the silver haired man. The wound on his chest was completely healed, but there was still a little scar hidden under his clothing. "Well, thanks anyway," he said. He considered her warning about dangerous people. Well, everywhere else he went most people were dangerous. Like this place could be any worse!

"Yeah. I was just about ready for the sweet release of death when some old dude happened by and healed me up. Guess I got lucky. Sure as hell, he ain't normal neither. He was like, I'm just a normal grampa, and I was like, whatever. Ain't no normal man can heal a body with their hands," he explained, wiggling his fingers as he spoke.

Golden Gatekeeper

“I see…it was fortunate that someone was here to help you.” But of whom he spoke, she was unsure of. There was a lot that Bambi apparently missed during those two months she was gone. She looked around for a moment, satisfied with the cleaning job she had done. “Well…it was a pleasure to meet you, sir.” She said with a small but polite bow. “But I must be going. I have an early day tomorrow, and need to rest up. I hope you have a good evening…and feel free to come in again. I will be more than happy to make up another wholesome meal for you.” The girl said, before giving a light wave as she headed out the side door.

(( Sorry for the awkward exit…but it’s getting late for me. Thank you for the RP! ^_^ ))

Tactical Tipper

"Yeah, thanks again... uhm, Bambi," the creature offered as the employee left. He didn't really want to keep coming in and mooching off of her kindness, but it wasn't like he had any job skills. And most people didn't accept payment in dumpster treasures or foraged food. Oh well. All things considered, it had been a good day so far. And he did feel quite a bit nicer after that shower. The deer slouched down in the couch and pulled out his dirty comic book again, scanning the pages absentmindedly and mostly interested in the pictures.

Timid Shapeshifter

User Image

<-^ Roni ^->
^-> The Canine of Epic Proportions <-^
Height: 125'

Quaking could be felt as something large started coming toward the building from the forest. Roni took a step toward the ground as she cleared the treeline. Nothing outside. Good. She started making her way toward the building. When she approached, she rolled onto her back so her eyes would be low enough to the ground to see through.

Inside, she saw only one person inside. Or rather... one creature. The odd deer guy. To get his attention, she started poking the window with her finger. Hopefully she didn't freak him out.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff