Poll Whore Option 0.59259259259259 59.3% [ 32 ]
Total Votes:[ 54 ]

Hilarious Dabbler

6,500 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Informer 100
  • Elocutionist 200
location: halcyon.1f_ with: new.guest_mind.state: normal_ feeling: hey.lady_

As the figure was talking shape, Black's eyes widened for a moment before seeing the true form. It was a woman, one that looked rather lost. "Hmm..." He mumbled to himself.

Add new owned the front door fully, he was grated by a blurt of a greeting, one that nudged his mouth to smirk. "Yo! New guest. You look like you're trying to find yourself around here. What's going on?"

Yes he was in a questioning mood, but Black forgot one thing. Most patrons came from a long way and might want a break. This startling revelation caused him to nearly jump out of the way of the entrance. Regain composure... Black would pop his head from the entrance once more.

"Cone in. You look like you need a rest." He laughed nervously.

A warm welcome, now that was a good start. Her pace quickened to bring her to the door as the man stepped aside to facilitate entry, once within the building she turned to face him and bowed her head respectfully. "I am indeed lost, and perhaps some rest would be beneficial, thank you."

Moving further inside to avoid blocking the entry way the brunette glanced about the main level of the building, taking note of the skylight and rather monstrous head mounted upon the wall, among other notable things before returning gaze upon her host. "I was told this is the Halcyon, but the man did not answer my previous question so I hope to ask of you... What realm is this?" It was unlike anything she'd ever heard of, yet... Strangely familiar. She had no qualms of being blunt and to the point, never having made use of word games.

Hilarious Dabbler

6,500 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Informer 100
  • Elocutionist 200
location: halcyon.1f_ with: new.guest_mind.state: normal_ feeling: so.you.are.one.of.those_

Black would, once again, take his spot behind the bar. This woman was indeed lost but warned up rather quickly. She didn't even freak out when she saw Albert, the adorable Top Hat Zombie head. Bonus points.

When he finally reached the Wall of Spirits, the guest went on about realms. "Which realm?"

Yep, we have a tourist.

"Not sure what to call this 'realm' of ours, but I can tell you this rock we're in is Earth. If that means anything."

When it came to transdimensional talk, Black wasn't the most well versed, but at least he believed in himself.

Earth? Well, judging from his reaction to her question she could safely assume that she was not in some aethereal realm akin to the Fade. Her own posture relaxed greatly at this news, and as she approached the bar in stride with Black the brunette watched him keenly as he seemed to retreat to his shelves of intoxicants. "Heh, I think a better word to have used would be territory? But I can only assume any answer you give would be alien to me. I appreciate your hospitality however, and would be most grateful if I could garner a meal and some drink. It has been a, long day."

There was no sense in troubling this man with her problems, there was most likely nothing anyone could do for her. So for now she would settle for a hot meal and drink with a kick to it, then mourn her losses in solitude. Her disposition was clearly that of someone who'd seen their share of combat, clean posture, tidy dialect, one might almost go so far to assume noble blood in her. It was her expression that threw it all off. In spite of the trauma she had undergone the woman was almost downright giddy, perhapse that was the shock still wearing off...

Friendly Guildsman

7,200 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Elocutionist 200
The shout of a man would reverberate throughout the concrete surfaces of the city. "IMMOLATE!"

elphiejess
BlackWind1.1
Kappa_Six

User Image
The Shaper Known as Echo

█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ (100%) Vitality
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ (100%) Energy

Directed At: Self/Anyone who notices

The man who had shouted was sprinting down the street, cutting through the alleyway as he did. There was a silvery blue aura around him, wind whipping through his unkempt hear as his sneakers slapped across the cement. There was a fierce focus in his expression, eyes lit up bright with the same light as the aura about him. At first, it was unclear that there was anything wrong at all. With a little more focus it would seem like the shadows were shaking behind him, rippling the alleyway as he went.

"This is such a waste of time..." He lowered his goggles down over his eyes, an additional amount of speed adding in his sprint. Small tufts of clouds burst into the air under his feet. He sped further and further, beginning to leap across the jungle gym from bar to bar, swinging carefully as the blur of shadows pursued him. He swung a little to quickly around a bar, taking himself off course and skimming through them. His left shoulder sizzled loudly, corroding away at his armored vest and flesh. "AGH!" He grunted loudly, running back towards where he came from at full speed.

After the man had enough distance from the shadowy buzzing clout, his hands clenched into fists, glowing much brighter then the aura that surrounded him, intense with blue and silver light. "Right....about..." his eyes swept ahead of him, grateful to have the goggles keeping wind from interfering with his vision as he planned his route.

Finally, he found a flat surfaced wall at the end of the alleyway, and he jumped at the wall, kicked in the opposite direction, and sent a giant blast of the silvery blue energy at the shadowy swarm. "...now!" It was just enough to destroy the cloud. He dropped to a knee, breathing heavily, to assess the damage. The aura around him ceased. He was only one block down from the Halcyon at this point, having almost gone full circle in his chase.

█ █ █ █ █ █ █ (70%) Vitality
█ █ (20%) Energy

Hilarious Dabbler

6,500 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Informer 100
  • Elocutionist 200
location: halcyon.1f_ with: new.guest_mind.state: normal_ feeling: wait.what.was_

Now that, he could do.

Black nodded, his smile compounding the approval of the guest's request. "Sure, tell me what you feel like and I'll make it for you."

With that, he went to look at the Wall of Spirits, moving just enough so the guest could get a fully display of the assortment the Halcyon had. Just as Black was waiting for her to make the order, on came a shout that was clear enough to cause all the glasses in the bar to shiver. Definitely a way to get some attention.

It definitely caught Black's, his eyes latched to the front door. "Hold on one moment..." His voice couldn't keep up with his body as it ran towards the front and outside. At first, Black thought he saw a flash of azure energy piercing through a dark fog. He didn't have time to wonder, all he manage to see clearly was a kneeling figure in the distance. The most Black approached it, the more his features became distinct enough to see that it was..."Echo?!"

Ultrim Mass
Kappa_Six

She was about to make a reply when there sounded a commotion from the outside world, before she could utter a word she was requested to wait for a moment as the man whom had welcomed her left to investigate. Shrugging more to herself than to the man's departure she made herself comfortable, whatever was going on, it did not concern her. As she waited for her host's return the woman made herself comfortable, slung the broad sword from her back and removed a whetstone from the satchel which hid at her back. Slowly and carefully she began sharpening it with utmost care.

Friendly Guildsman

7,200 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Elocutionist 200
elphiejess
BlackWind1.1
Kappa_Six

User Image
The Shaper Known as Echo

█ █ █ █ █ █ (60%) Vitality
█ █ (20%) Energy

Directed At: Black, newcomer

The skin where his shoulder passed through the cloud of dark fog was singed, pruned, and darker then coal. It was reminiscent of frost bitten skin, but more precise and targeted. "This is what I get for trying to keep that stupid kingdom safe...the damn place would be extinct if it weren't for me, but what do I get? Feeders through my gods-damned shoulder!" He growled in frustration, and his whole left arm was limp at his side, seemingly outside his control.

"Oh, hello Black. I must have made a bit of noise. In case you hadn't noticed, I made excellent time in my crisis aversion, but some of the crisis followed me back, it would seem. Rest assured, none of the trouble should overflow into the bar itself. I've taken measures before, and I'll continue to take further measures so that such is not the case." His arm was starting to get blue and gross looking where the skin was showing. Nothing seemed to be flowing through his gross black shoulder - blood, energy, et cetera. "Ah, yes, I suppose I'm on a timer with that...mind if I plug in at the bar? It's a bit urgent."

Echo would walk with black back into the bar, seeming to walk without a problem. His arm was looking more and more dead by the moment. "Ah, did I interrupt your service Black? That's bad form. Please, carry on." He glanced to the new stranger. "'Ello. I'm called Echo. I'll offer you a more formal introduction and handshake once I actually fix my hand."

Although both his hands were covered in metal plated cloth gloves, his left arm was severely discolored to a blackish blue shade by now, and the shoulder of his shirt was burnt open to reveal the corroded charcoal flesh beneath.

The silver haired youth carefully pulled his brown messenger bag from his back, undoing a few additional straps that secured it to him during his acrobatic feats of evasion, and finally set it on the ground in front of him using only his right hand, while his left arm continued to hang limply beside him. He managed to pull out a very large power cord, one side which was sized for a wall outlet, the other with a foot or so of exposed stranded wiring. He wrapped the exposed wiring around his hand, using his teeth to keep the line slack-free as he did so.

█ █ █ █ █ (50%) Vitality

Hilarious Dabbler

6,500 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Informer 100
  • Elocutionist 200
location: halcyon.1f_ with: new.guest_mind.state: normal_ feeling: its.like.a.raisin.arm....that.is.limp_

The injury of...whatever happened was definitely not a good sign. It was a hit that looked as if it was hit by something otherworldly. Knowing what Echo has to deal with outside of the Halcyon, Black wouldn't be surprised if it was.

Regardless of this, the Shaper still kept a smile. It was comforting, if not a little disturbing after looking at the that injury a couple of times. But Black couldn't hate the guy, after all, he was trying to divert attention from it and the attack. Ogling at this would make the situation worse, so it was wise to take Echo's lead. "Sure. Care to tell me what did this to you?"

Well, his curiosity took a while to follow orders.

As the Shaper walked, Black followed. Still taking glances at that arm that was worsening every step back inside. The bar owner could only hope that Echo knew what he was doing and he could heal from this. Let's assume he can. Black didn't say much, resuming to take his spot behind the bar as Echo spoke to this new guest of theirs.

"Yes, now let's try this again. What are you in the mood for, miss..." That was right, he never had the chance to learn about this guest's new name!

Ultrim Mass
Kappa_Six

She'd been in deep thought by the time the pair returned to the establishment, the whetstone now replaced by a smooth polishing cloth that now ran along the body of her blade. The introductions drew her gaze to the new grey haired man as he went on about handshakes and the like, she caught his name and gave a nod, then turned her attention once more to the presumable host as he asked what she might be in the mood for.

"Hmm, would it be much trouble to request a meat of some sort and some tubers? Boiled and mashed preferably." She had no idea what the animals of this region were like, and could only hope that there were still creatures as cows, oxen and sheep. The woman caught on to his trailing of the word Miss, and took it as her sign to at long last introduce herself.

"I am called Helia, and thank you sirs, for your hospitality." This she directed to both men in the room, though her focus was constant on the gentleman behind the bar.

Hilarious Dabbler

6,500 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Informer 100
  • Elocutionist 200
location: halcyon.1f_ with: helia.echo_mind.state: normal_ feeling: cooooooooook_

Meat and tubers...sounds incredibly rustic.

"That I can do. Just give me a moment." Black's smile widened to almost giddy levels as he made his way out of his spot and made his way towards the stairs. "We'll get you a drink in as well. Take a look, see what suits you."

Looking at Helia, she looked like a warrior from some fantasy novel. This was especially notable as Black went into the kitchen above to see what kind of meal he could create. Sure, Black could give her a slab of meat with some spuds, but Black always wanted to put just a little bit more into a dish, even if it was simple. But first, the portions would have to be addressed.

Helia might have had a warrior's appetite, so this meal would have to be filling. Nothing like a good amount of protein with some fats to keep someone sated for the night.

First off, go in the fridge and pull out the necessities. A twelve ounce ribeye came out with some butter, cream, and beef stock implemented keeping it company. Next, the pantry. Out came the produce: the potatoes, herbs and aromatics grouped on top of the kitchen island. That's good...

Heat up the cast iron in one burner and heat up some water in another. Sprinkle some pink salt on the steak and let it scream on the scorching hot metal pan. Wait, butter the pan first. Spuds in the boiling water, turn the heat down to a simmer. Now that was done, time to prep some produce.

While Black was cooking and working, the smells of the dish were drifting downstairs. Taunting even the most satisfying of appetites. It promised a dish of savory satiety. The beefy notes of the steak were mingling with the butter, scents of herbs and garlic peeked its head from above. It took a while, but Black was done and he was satisfied.

Minutes later, he came downstairs with a dish that looked as delectable as it was sure to taste. He had the ribeye, medium rare and cooked to perfection. The sear would've been a great sight if not for the creamy mushroom gravy ironically covering the protein. Ironic, because he also made mashed potatoes with speckles of the herbs on top of the tubers. The spud mash had a yellowish hue to it, revealing the influence of the butter and cream infused with the root vegetable. All of this steaming hot and leaving a tantalizing trail of aroma as Black walked from the kitchen and to Helia.

"Here we are..." Placing the plate right in front of her with some silverware nearby, Black took a quick jog back behind the bar. "So, did you figure out your drink in mind?"

Ultrim Mass
Kappa_Six

Friendly Guildsman

7,200 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Elocutionist 200
elphiejess
BlackWind1.1
Kappa_Six

User Image
The Shaper Known as Echo

█ █ █ █ █ (50%) Vitality
█ █ (20%) Energy

"Oh, don't get me wrong. There's no secrets to be had here. I'll share you the thrilling tale of what feeders are and what it has to do with my visit home, just as soon as I get this sorted."

At this point Echo would plug the cord into the wall, hand still clenching the exposed other end. There were a few sparks initially, and a vague dimming of the lights on anything electronic, but nothing dramatic occurred yet.

█ █ █ █ (40%) Vitality
█ █ █ █ (40%) Energy:Electric

"So, as a shaper, I give, take, and change energy. It's what I do. I can heal just about anything off if I have enough. Right now, I don't. So I have to take the energy of electricity, convert it to the basic energy that I can most easily use (raw energy as I call it), then convert that to the vital kinds of energy like ATP and a select few chemicals to put my body into a hyper healing state. The whole process takes a lot of focus, but talking through what I'm doing tends to help me focus, so it's two birds with one stone, between healing and telling my story."

After a brief pause of closing his eyes, Echo found a slight bit of sensation and control in his fingertips. He clenched and unclenched his hand, wincing in the pain of doing so. "Right, no rush..."

█ █ █ █ █ █ (60%) Vitality
█ █ █ █ █ █ (60%) Energy

"But you were asking about what did this? The direct answer: a swarm of feeders. They're small, gnat sized shadow creatures that drain energy from the living. They're drawn to high concentrations of energy, and since shapers weren't very popular for a long time where I live, feeders tend to be farmed in secret as weapons against shapers. We store high concentrations of energy, so they'll seek us out and chase us down. The only answer I've found is hitting them with too much concentrated energy at once. Mainly, energy blasts. Same idea as pinching the skin around a feeding mosquito until it bursts."

Of course, the question was obvious - why? That was the part that was fraught with a bit of a guilty admission on his part, one that he was still debating internally on bringing out into the air.

By now, there were cracks in Echo's shoulder and arm, as if the necrotic skin were becoming scabbing above a new layer of skin. He realized that it was becoming quite the grotesque display, and took the opportunity to pull a different coat from his sidesaddle bag and replace his damaged jacket.

█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ (80%) Vitality
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ (80%) Energy

"It's just hard restraining my frustration, Black. I'm still trying to recruit new heroes and members for the Alter Alliance with no bites. I still haven't heard from the new mage girl that I met here last week. I really thought she was gonna be my first member. So that's the in terms of progress as it was when I first walked in here with the dream. Meanwhile, everyone back in my home dimension thinks that I want to rule them and oppress them, and I'm getting all these death threats. The whole time, I'm trying to prepare them for the possibility that supernatural havoc could wreak on them since they have a wide open connection to other dimensions. There's this whole resistance that's trying to kill me because they think I'm going to be like how my family used to be - power hungry, egotistical, maniacal. They seem to keep forgetting that I'm the one who ended the whole system where shapers held the throne and the common human is ruled by them. The appreciation that I get for bringing them out of the dark ages is an another assassination attempt. It really gets under my skin. I just feel like I'm fighting tooth and nail to get ahead, and nothing gets anywhere but worst." The tone and rapid pace made it sound like this had been on Echo's mind for a while, and it was ready to come out at the first hint of an opportunity to vent.

After his venting session, Echo unplugged the cord he was holding and would roll it up, stowing it back into his bag.

The scents of the cooking food indeed wrecked havoc upon her stomach which was already aching for a good meal. Helia was grateful to have such an enthusiastic host, willing to cook up an animal for a single guest.

Once presented with the requested morsels she gladly picked up the silverware, and was promptly about to load a scoop of mashed potatoes into her maw when she was reminded of the offer of a drink to accompany such a delight.

"Mead if you would, or a warm red wine. In either case an accompanying vessel of water would be most appreciated." Her voice was full bodied and smooth, and was overtaken easily by the grey haired one's explanation of his abilities. This garnered a raised brow from the woman before she returned to devouring the mashed tubers upon her plate.

Hilarious Dabbler

6,500 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Informer 100
  • Elocutionist 200
location: halcyon.1f_ with: helia.echo_mind.state: normal_ feeling: well.goddamn_

Black was taking in as much as he could from Echo's explanation. It was all heavy, an assassination attempt, misunderstood masses, this was all messed up. It was almost as disturbing as his arm becoming healed. Honestly, it looked like one of those cases of it getting worse before improving with time.

Good thing Helia's request broke his stare once more. "Oh, uh...mead you say?"

Black flung his trance from his mind and snapped back to reality. He took a quick glance behind him, his eyes drawn to the cabinet below. "Alright...one honey wine comin' up."

It was almost too quick, Black's actions, leaning over to open the doors to expose the specialty drinks. Yes, this was something to hear, moreso of the possibility that these feeder might come back in a massive way. When a colony wants someone dead, they don't simply stop. No, the group quickly come with different ways to expedite their goal. Their approach is sharpened with each failure, and the Shaper has been doing this on his lonesome. It simply could not be this way.

"Look..." Grabbing the bottle of mead.

"I'm sorry about your guild not catching any heads, but..." Standing right side up.

"You know if you need any help, I'm here. We'll make sure that you're safe." Setting the mead down. "For now my friend....I think you need a drink after all this."

With that offer made to Echo, Black went on to pour a hearty glass full of the mead for Helia. Afterwards, he slid it her way. The bottle was still out there, practically asking for someone to help themselves, after all, everyone seemed to be in dire straits.

Ultrim Mass
Kappa_Six

Friendly Guildsman

7,200 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Elocutionist 200
elphiejess
BlackWind1.1
Kappa_Six

User Image
The Shaper Known as Echo

The young man stared down, lost in his thoughts for a bit, planning plans for the plans of his plans. He held his train of thought, looking up to Black. "Hmm? Oh, drinks. Sure, umm...I'll just have what she's having." He didn't like to inconvenience people, so it seemed easiest to ask of him what was already in his hands. "I might fix something up in a bit, food wise. I'll see. I've been practicing a bit."

Echo took a tall glass and filled it generously with the mead. As he filled, and eventually gulped, his mind took to wandering a bit once more. Memories of isolation came back to him, memories of spending every day in guilt and regret, wondering how to make up for his regrettable past. Memories of the conception of the Alter Alliance. His mind changed gears once more.

He tilted his head to the newcomer. "Sorry if it's a repeat, but I can more formally introduce myself now. I'm Echo, jack of all trades at the bar here, although my main roles are musician, repairman, and technician. I'm also master of the Alter Alliance Hero's guild. It's a pleasure to meet you." He grinned warmly, placing the thoughts of his troubles completely on the back burner now. It's an important part of being socially and mentally successful to compartmentalize. If you let the bad flow into the good, you always end up moping around. His hues, on contact with hers, were an interesting coppery shade, indeterminably drifting between chocolate and crimson.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff