Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Hunter

4,800 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
User Image
Look into my eyes...

A fire? Lela’s mind went back to her tribe burning. “I can share your pain in that respect, I lost my tribe to a fire,” Lela didn’t mention the fact that she was the one that had caused the fire. “Lost my home, had to leave been searching for somewhere to go, this is the first place I have felt… at home? Well, maybe not home, just comfortable.” She was babbling, “Nice to meet you Fae, I know there is a room available here,” assuming Moirne had followed through on her plans to find her hotel. How much had Red quoted her? Was it.. 50? No... 60 bucks. “you can rent it for 60 a night, and if you need a shower you can use mine at my hotel. There’s no toilet here, but there will be one soon. Their supposed to be putting one in apparently. What do ya say?” This was an attempt for Fae to have a sense of belonging somewhere, the lady needed to relax and forget her problems, though helping out the bar wouldn’t hurt would it? They clearly needed the money.

Feel the darkness pull you in...

Anxious Ladykiller

At A Hotel Bar

Nadine sighed dramatically, even as she waved her glass at the bartender. “Oh, just some vampire with a silly name. He was going to prove that not all vampires are crybabies – and he made some big talk about teaching me things.” As a new beverage appeared, she took a gleeful sip. “Dunno what exactly he was going to teach, but you know how those old guys are: always acting like the extra time let ‘em find a new hole the rest of us hadn’t noticed yet.” She set the glass down to lean in conspiratorially. “Between you and me? I’m starting to think dudes just take a century to figure out foreplay, and then they think they invented it.” The look on her face dared Moirne to find a flaw in her logic. When she returned to her drink, she looked thoughtful. “Not that he managed to do a damn thing of interest. Gave me the kind of goodbye kiss you might give your sweetheart in elementary school, Red saw it, decided to take matters into his own hands. ‘Matters’ is the name of his gun.”

She didn’t mention the part where Red hadn’t actually known Damascus was a vampire. Didn’t want to make the situation seem any more horrifying, even if it was true.

Desirable Genius

Lian or "Fae" scrunched her nose again. She took the last remaining moments to chug back the last of the scotch, licking her upper lip and sliding the empty bottle away. Shaking her head, she leaned a bit of her weight to see if she could try to at least get off the stool by herself without falling. "No...No I can't stay."She said, swiping a grimy hand down her face, smearing the already messed up make-up and dirt on her face further. "I'm...I'm gonna crash somewhere else ta'nigh...Some where I cahn...cahn...throw up in."She waved her hand as she finally felt her boot touch the floor, even with the scotch making her comfortably numb.

However, she couldn't quite get her foot unstuck from the bar stool legs, having to awkwardly hop while clinging to the bar top until she could free herself. Even then, she still managed to fall, hitting the floor with a groan. Slowly, she got back up again. "Tho'...Iffa come back..'opefully, tha' scotch will taste bettah'.."She said, giving Lela the evil eye like she knew that she had been ripped off and given the cheaper scotch. Either way, she couldn't stay unless she knew she could wake up with an available bathroom.

Lian wobbled away, heading toward where she remembered where the door was to leave. As she leaned against the hallway wall though, she felt the deep rumbling of her stomach that seemed to travel. With an awkward, scrunched face, she bade her farewell.

*PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT* *poot*

And then she left, stumbling out into the streets again.
User Image

Any hotel with a bar typically had something worth stealing. They were like expensive public living rooms full of strangers who preferred to assume the best about patrons in order to avoid any obligation to do something about less than savory proclivities. They much preferred to continue drinking away their savings and hitting on women who weren't their wives.

In this case, they were all happily ignoring fact that a tall bat-winged man was making off with an armload of barstools. Three, in fact, two under one arm and one in another. As a result, his otherwise imposing posture was crippled by the baggage, but that was nothing a flash of fangs and flare of wings hadn't been able to remedy in the past. Orders from the top were to redecorate a shithole bar down the street, and what better way to do it than a little manual redistribution of wealth?

Sadly, the youkai was less than graceful about the heist. Toe stubbed and he caught his balance with the sudden jut of a wing out over the bar, which meant whatever drinks the two ladies had been enjoying seconds prior were now soaking into their laps. Shirts. Faces. Whatever bit of them had been nearest. "s**t," he cursed, dull blues fixed on the pair. Now they were going to b***h at him for ruining their date and all he could do about it was wave stolen bar stools threateningly.

"Watch where you're--" Wait. That one chick looked familiar. Oh god it wasn't-- it couldn't be--

"Nadine?"
Moirne contemplatively rolled her drink around in her glass before finishing the last of it. "Eh. It's a mystery to me. I mean, what about the guys who don't have a century to find out about it? Us women have a hard time, we do." Seemed like Moirne also got them philosophical, melancholic moods that frequented the irish when tipsy. "Well, good riddance, ain't it then? No more inadequate lover, no more over-adequate brother, you're all peachy now." Blatantly skipping over the fact that getting rid of the matter by means of a shoot-out hadn't been entirely necessary. Oh well.

She leaned an arm heavily on the bar, motioning the bartender for another drink before turning back towards Nadine. "s**t like this always happens t'me on my holidays. It's like the folk never want anything to work or a day to go by peacefully. Wish it didn't, but honestly, stranger stuff than this 'as happened to me." She pulled a face again. "Been a while, though. And that gunshot was loud."

EDIT: Moirne was about to say something more, before something came flying over the bar and knocked over her empty glass which proceeded to shatter against the barcounter, cutting open her hand. It wasn't a serious wound, but enough for the girl to bit out a pained "********!", head whipping up accusingly at the intruder who seemed currently rather intrigued by her drinking partner. "Watch where I'm what? I was just sitting here!", she spat offendedly, pressing the palm of her other hand against the bleeding cut.

6,350 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                                          τøđąxxxxxx xxx xx x x x
                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx

►►►IT'S JUST A PHYSIOLOGICAL REACTION
                                              xxxxxxxxxxxxxxYOU CALL THIS LOVE? IT'S ONLY CHEMISTRY

Toda had spent the day stuffing food into the newly fixed fridge. He'd had to nag Ran for the money, but now they were stocked and operating like a real bar. When he finally came out from the kitchen to make a pot of coffee, the blond carried with him a small stack of paper and a generic pen, setting them aside to get the brew going. Once that was done he leaned over the counter with pen in hand, adjusted his glasses, and began to scribble up a menu. The words were in that typical doctor cursive and so probably impossible to read, but damned if he didn't try, right?

Now it was a matter of what they had. Toda couldn't cook. He could barely make instant ramen. The man wouldn't know how to read a recipe to save his life, and he couldn't very well offer a list of ramen categorized by whatever the seasoning packet was. Hazels lifted to briefly look over the bar and he straightened, grabbing himself a cup of fresh joe.

This was going to be harder than he thought.

LOCATION: at the bar MOOD: frustrated

[[OOC ]]

Dapper Hunter

4,800 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
User Image
Look into my eyes...

Lela giggled at the attempts of Fae trying to get away from the stool, “It’s trying to eat ya” she stuck out her tongue in a teasing way.

"Tho'...Iffa come back..'opefully, tha' scotch will taste bettah'.."

Oh s**t she had caught that, Lela was hoping the cheap scotch would have been good enough considering how drunk the woman was. In all honesty, Lela had no way to tell if the scotch was worth the amount the woman gave her or not, she had no sense of how much alcohol cost. “I will make sure to share some of the good stuff next time, just try not to be so far gone, eh?” The woman was curious, last time Lela had seen someone like that it had been herself in the mirror. She watched the woman walk out, while she leant forward on the counter, “Hope to see you again.” Lela picked up the empty bottle of scotch and threw it away in a sack she had used for trash the night before, picking up her rum she jumped up on the shelf behind the counter and sipped steadily thinking about the advice Wing had given her. Maybe she would try to find a shop tomorrow and do some research.

EDIT:
Lela watched as Toda came into the bar and stand in front of her, he didn't notice her and he seemed busy.

Feel the darkness pull you in...

Anxious Ladykiller

At A Hotel Bar

Nadine had been about to reply politely to Moirne’s anecdote when her glass landed in her lap.

Maybe I shouldn’t have told Moirne to keep the dress.

Yet another outfit of Nadine’s had turned red, but at least time it was a girly drink and not blood. The dress wasn’t so bad, but the socks? That was a ******** tragedy. She looked down at herself in disgust before giving what could only be called a look to Moirne, a sort of can you believe this s**t look. The look became frozen on her face as she saw the source of her misfortune.

Crankybritches?

Her surprise quickly turned into anger, though Nadine was never so gauche as to actually look angry. No twisted snarls for her, no sir. But her face did get very still and her eyebrows low as if she was trying with all her might to set him on fire with her mind.

What in the everliving ********] are you doing here? I left you in the ******** woods.”

When Nadine left people behind, she generally did not see them again. Sure, there were rare exceptions, but they were usually the obvious ones – the clingy types, the supernatural ones that could track her until they realized there was no point. It was never fun, but it was predictable in its way. This? This was out of nowhere. Someone she had assumed she’d never see again had reappeared, and she wanted to know why.

She did still have enough attention on Moirne to turn and survey the damage. Does this ******** drink blood? I don't even remember. I remember he's an a*****e, though - better not to risk it. "You might want to go get that taken care of, ASAP," she warned, though the look on her face was a more general you probably don't want to be here. "I can take care of this - you can come back when you're not bleeding everywhere."
With a puzzled frown Moirne looked between the two. They knew each other? Well, the city wasn't that big. ..Oh, she left him in the woods. Interesting.

It obviously wasn't any of Moirne's business. Which instantly made it her business.

She raised her hand to examine the cut at the expression of Nadine's concern. "This? Pff. I bleed more on a monthly basis." It was only then that she caught the look in her eyes. Oh, right, vampires. s**t.

"Buuut." She continued smoothly. "Guess I'll get it checked out at the front desk anyway. Wouldn't want to catch anything." The last part was said with a deadly glare on the man's part. With a last glance at Nadine that indicated I won't be far, the girl got up and strode off into the hallway.

She wasn't too worried about leaving the other behind; her impression so far had been that she was more than capable of handling even the most difficult of types. Now, she had to find a bandage, and a good position to eavesdrop. Not necessarily in that order.

Anxious Ladykiller

At A Hotel Bar

Crankybritches was friends with the Broomstick. That was the important thing to take away from all this, along with the fact that he seemed to misunderstand the concept of ‘taking a seat’. This was incomprehensibly unlucky. This was disastrous. It was good that he wasn’t intentionally stalking her, at least, but that was less reassuring than it could have been.

He wasn’t that bad, on his own. But the last time she’d seen him, he’d been with a gasbag that almost killed her. Possibly just because she’d been there, but still. She wasn’t terribly pleased by the prospect of running into him when she wasn’t friends with some kind of magical healing tree fairy. Or had that been two people?

There’s something sort of wrong about only being able to remember the people who piss me off.

One thing was certain: she wasn’t going to be prowling the streets tonight. Not when things might swoop down and land in her hair. Now seemed like a good time to take Moirne up on her offer.

Invisible Genius

Dusk had fallen once more and after a night of cleaning and training the night before, maybe a few drinks really would be a good idea. Maybe he would also be able to make good on putting his standing back into good graces. But how was he going to do that? It wasn't like he could go out there and use some of his contortionist abilities in the middle of a bar. That would really do a lot of nothing. But maybe he could do something else. He just had to get into the kitchen.

Walking along the street as he headed to the bar, he began to think of what else he could do and a little light blinked on in that dark cavern of his mind. He could cook. Most people, if you gave them something worth tasting, they would be a happy little kitten in your hands. Now just to get into the kitchen and make something tasty.

Pushing the door open, he noticed how very empty it was and smiled to himself. This was perfect. He slid through the bar, dipping back into the kitchen to explore as to what he had to work with. After a few moments he came up with a perfect idea, this was a sea town, maybe they would want some sea food. He started up a batch of clam chowder and bread bowls, working quickly and quietly, already planning on making some cinnamon rolls for desert.
User Image

The only reason he could fathom why Toda had sent him instead of doing it himself was twofold:

The first being that it was against his nature to manhandle anyone into submission, much less the sad-faced actress Nadine had apparently been when he'd last seen her outside the cafe.

The second being that he probably couldn't manage to carry a kicking, screaming 5'4" frame far enough down the street to matter.

[********' stupid," the bat growled, scuffing down the sidewalk and leaning into every alleyway to check for signs of curly hair and a s**t-eating grin. "Why's she so important anyhow? Just 'cause the redhead brat's mopin' around our place 'cause of her doesn't mean I have to ********' babysit." Except apparently it did.

Kuronue cursed some more, stubbed his toe, narrowly avoided airborne pigeon s**t, and finally, thought of something he hadn't before:

Rooftops.

Where would he go if hunted by a human? Why, where humans are rarely found, of course! Humans didn't (typically) have wings, so staying above their field of view was perfect when hiding from old-fashioned suburban college kids like Toda.

Now. To first get over the embarrassment of being in the possession of wings but not flight, and second-- to find a ladder.

Anxious Ladykiller

Nadine was smoking on the hotel roof again. Moirne had gotten her clothes dry cleaned – it was free, after all. She was wearing a long-sleeved Oxford shirt dress and her striped tie-dyed thigh highs with her knee-high Converse. Moirne had offered to ger her new clothes, and Nadine had a sneaking suspicion that the other woman didn't necessarily approve of Nadine's distaste for pants.

Picking people up at a hotel was harder than it seemed – specifically because it seemed so easy. Women trying to pick up men in hotels were generally avoided as suspicious at best. Which she was. But not in the way they seemed to think. Hanging out with Moirne was fun, but it wasn't as fun as getting laid.

The wind wasn't as bad, this time. She only had to relight her cigarette once. She wanted to get the hell out of this place, but she wouldn't even be risking the roof if she didn't think it was too high for the standard bird. Or bat. Bats could only really glide, couldn't they? She swore and dug her lighter out of her messenger bag again.

I am definitely youkai-racist now.
User Image

A handful of rooftops later, he spotted it. The thin trail of smoke rising into the deepening murk of the evening like the tendril of a ghost reaching out to meld into the sea-borne mist-- or. Considerably less melancholically:

A cigarette.

It was the flick of the lighter which caught his ear, actually, those long pointy things sticking out either side of his head one of the few monstrous traits not simply for show. And he knew she smoked. And who else would be smoking on the highest rooftop within the walking distance of a lazy, easily distracted human girl?

It had to he her.

So, fifteen minutes and sixty flights of stairs later (he couldn't figure out how to work the magical revolving doors people kept popping in and out of), Kuronue burst out onto the rooftop in one motion, slammed the door shut behind him in another, and on the third step, met Nadine's surely shocked expression with the smug look he'd stolen from her.

"Found you."

Anxious Ladykiller

She turned so quickly she almost unbalanced, curls flying and eyes wide, taking an involuntary step back. She smothered the intense feeling of panic that had risen up in her about as quickly as it came, though not as quickly as she would have liked. She curled her hands into fists, one curling around the cigarette and the other holding the cigarette itself as if to punch him with it. In the eyes.

“What the [********] are you doing here?” she found herself asking him again, eyes narrowing behind her glasses when they'd been wide just before. She'd been willing to accept before that his meeting her again was a coincidence, but this? This was pushing the bounds of what she could find believable.

Nadine was trying to focus her memory on the fact that this was the idiot who didn't understand the concept of sex toys, and not the guy that she'd had to be rescued from by a tree. But a hint of worry itched at the back of her mind, alone on a roof with someone she didn't entirely trust.

Luckily, she had a standard operating procedure for these sorts of situations, prepared with her usual grace and tact.

Making a concerted effort to relax, she adopted a lopsided grin. “Am I really that irresistable, dudebro?” This was much harder when sober.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff