• Tax Evader 100
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄

User Image
With Whom: Jessica ; Bartender ;
Where am I Again?: Bar ;
Calculated Thoughts: "Well, at least there aren't any giant bees."

"Well, by the looks of it..." the mysterious man began as he glanced around the murmuring room; "a party gone foul. Too bad we couldn't have arrived sooner." He tried to overhear the conversations going on, but before he could properly deduce anything, a voice shot up over the room. His eyes shot towards the bartender, one of his brows rising a bit as his lips parted; "Well, one way to find out. Let's get ourselves right into the muck of things!"

He walked through the crowds into earshot of the bartender and took a seat in front of her. "Favio! Aaah, yes, we were. A little late to the festivities, though. Always loved the name Favio, by the way. Just so fun to say!" He glanced over the crowd and bar selection once, his eyes capturing everything before dropping right back down to the bartender. It looked as if everyone was caged in, and that one statement earlier... these people definitely wanted out. They were irritable, growing towards tyrannical! all wealthy and not accustomed or appreciative of being held hostage. The security by the exits meant one thing; something bad happened, and someone in the room was suspected of it. "Or... should I say..." he began a bit grimly; "the late Favio."

User Image

Seasonal Strawberry

11,775 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Friendly 100
User Image

User Image

User Image

apparel mood: uneasy location: the devil's glass pub with: patrons

A party gone foul? Jessica couldn't say she was very surprised, since they often found themselves in strange situations- though, they really had yet to find out just how foul this one currently was. She glanced over to the bar when someone called out to them- "Hey, you two."- her eyes landing on the black-haired woman behind the counter. She asked about a Favio, though Jessica hadn't the faintest idea of who that was. They'd only just gotten here, after all!

But her company was first to answer, as always, saying that yes, they knew Favio... Whoever that was. Jessica nodded her agreement to the bartender before she followed her company over to the bar and took a seat next to him. Everyone still looked pretty pissed and edgy, and it was when she glanced over her shoulder that she noticed the bartenders were guarding the doors pretty heavily. Ooo, that explained the collective rotten mood... Right? Well, mostly right. Her gaze turned to the dark haired man sitting beside her, looking surprised by his words. "Favio is dead?" Jessica asked, figuring that it was best to follow her friend's lead and act familiar with the unknown man. "What happened...?" She directed the question to the bartender, looking a bit worried. If the doors were being guarded so closely... Then that meant the murderer was still somewhere in the room.

User Image

User ImagexxxxxUser ImagexxxxxUser Image

x

Aged Ladykiller

15,000 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Married 100
  • Tax Evader 100
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

User Image
Calculated Thoughts: "Nothing like a bit of psychic paper!"

The man frowned. Ten minutes ago? No.... poor man. He wasn't even sure if he deserved it or not. WELL, no one really deserved it. Well... there were a few exceptions. Only a few, of course. He blinked at her question, and noticed in a moment that he had to be smooth about this. "Ehem... well... y'know..." he brought a hand up to rub his cheeks and chin as he glanced towards the restroom door. "It's just.. we were..." he cleared his throat again and looked very seriously to the woman; "stuff." That was his answer and he was sticking to it.

He looked to Jessica, raising a brow to his beautiful companion. Not really a friend or anything yet, they hadn't known each other for very long, but he was hoping she'd go along with the whole stuff idea. It was a good excuse, wasn't it? He rather fancied it himself. "Forget about the stuff," he began, pulling a thin wallet out from his pocket and flashing it to the woman. On it was written exactly what she needed to see; the police identification. "I'm actually a crime scene investigator on the forensics division. would you mind showing me to the body?"

User Image

Seasonal Strawberry

11,775 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Friendly 100
User Image

User Image

User Image

apparel mood: embarrassed location: the devil's glass pub with: bartender; others

Jessica looked just a little annoyed by the bartender's obvious suspicion towards them, but knew that now was neither the time or place to start an argument about it- tensions were already high enough as they were. So she held her tongue, letting the man she'd accompanied answer for her after they were asked what they'd been doing back there. And when he merely answered with stuff, Jessica sputtered, her face reddening in an instant. Maybe she should've been the one to answer, after all. "Not like that!" She hurriedly protested, waving both hands lightly in front of herself in embarrassment. Jessica tried to think of an alibi that sounded legitimately believable, but they'd both just gotten there... Nothing would really sound right. Especially since they'd popped up in the men's bathroom...

Her face was still bright red as that little piece of paper was shown, listening to him explain to the bartender that he was a crime scene investigator. Hopefully that would make them seem not as suspicious- though Jessica wasn't really sure she wanted to be looking over a dead body for any amount of time.

User Image

x

Dapper Darling

User Image
Vibryo Duponte

Vee ignored Curtis for just a moment as she picked up on what was being said at the other end of the bar. The two people were crime scene investigators. To make it worse, they were from the forensics department. It was hard to take seriously at first as they had been in the bathroom doing ‘stuff’ for obviously quite some time but she was well aware that some of the best did questionable things behind closed doors. She felt a level of discomfort as she wondered if she had left any DNA samples on Favio. That level of discomfort was increased when she remember the wolf at her side. She would be in a very bad spot if the forensics pair found something and Curtis told them his story…despite the fact that it was lie. “Miss is fine enough,” she stated to him coldly, still keeping her voice low. “I told you, mister Prise, I can’t find the list you want because I can’t see it. “ She avoided confirming if her name was or wasn’t on the list. “You’re attempting to blackmail a helpless blind girl.” Well, kind of blind. Not so much helpless. “For what? To save your own skin? You couldn’t find a better target? Like someone who can actually see.” She was hoping to get him off of her case so that she could fly under the radar as much as possible; knowing that if he started to talk it could very well mean the end for her.

Zinistra's Prince

Lucky Werewolf

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Following her eyes, he too caught a glimpse of the couple at the bar. The weird man was flashing the barmaid his wallet, and he picked up on the word investigator. His blood ran cold. 'The police.' If they were already in the building, the stakes went up higher. That list needed found.

"Why keep looking? If you were working for Favio, I know you aren't helpless. You can do the things he asks, but not find the means to locate a simple list? Pish posh. Maybe you are blind, but you are capable." He waggled his finger. He was raising his voice. If he couldn't find the list in time, he needed a scapegoat. And he'd do everything short of dropping the proverbial smoking gun in her purse. "Use your feminine wiles. Find the list or the man who has it. I have other things that needs attended to in the meanwhile."

Aged Ladykiller

15,000 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Married 100
  • Tax Evader 100
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

User Image
Calculated Thoughts: "I swear I'm clean!!"

"Oh, that's funny!" The Doctor chimed with a big grin. "You see, we've been here for awhile. I'm not with this police department, but that still gives me just as much authority." He snapped the wallet shut and moved to stand up from his seat. Stuffing his badge in his pocket, he gave the woman to room to doubt him by his actions. He wasn't faltering by her suspicions or accusations. "The police are pretty late, aren't they? Well, that's not good at all. You see, there are transient pieces of evidence that are rather imperative; they disappear over time. Certain odors and other effects to a scene." He slipped his glasses on over the bridge of his nose and looked gravely serious towards the woman.

"Every minute counts, madam. If you would please allow me to do my job; you can watch me the entire time along with a friend if you wish. Anything funny from me and you would know; simple enough." What easier way to catch a criminal than to catch him tampering with the scene? Not like he would kill someone and leave them in a closet, though. Well, hold on! Not like he would kill anyone and leave them anywhere! Er--... not like he would kill anyon--... well, it depended on what you meant by 'anyone.' that was a pretty broad term.

User Image

Seasonal Strawberry

11,775 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Friendly 100
User Image

User Image

User Image

apparel mood: uneasy location: the devil's glass pub with: bartender; others

She really could understand why the bartender would be so suspicious with them. Hell, if Jessica was in her position, she would think the exact same thing. Two strangers who'd seemingly come out of nowhere, with less than solid alibis? Nope. Still, she waited for the Doctor to finish trying to get the bartender to let him have a look at the body after his first attempt was refused before speaking up, herself. "If you want to figure out who murdered him, and soon... He'd be the best one to do it." Especially if the police were so late. Jessica nodded towards the man sitting beside her, who was already standing up. She made no move to do the same, though- unless he asked her to follow along, her desire to not see a dead body hadn't changed in the slightest.

No, she'd be happier sitting here, trying to figure everything out in her own way. Listening in. For a moment, she grew quiet and tried to pick up on the conversations around her. Obviously, they all revolved around the very same thing... Trying to find the murderer. One thing in particular stuck out to her- two of the other patrons nearby were looking for some sort of list. They'd been talking in hushed tones before, but the animal-eared man's voice was gradually growing louder while he talked to the woman sitting near him. Jessica raised an eyebrow and turned her gaze back to the Doctor, though her ears stayed open.

User Image

x

Dapper Darling

User Image
Vibryo Duponte

Use her feminine what!? How dare he talk to her like that! What kind of girl did he think she was! She sat with her arms crossed as she glared at him; obviously not liking his suggestion. “Jerk,” was her only retort as she continued to sit in a most agitated manner. Manipulating people wasn’t her cup of tea and she really had no skill in such things. Not when it came to serious manipulation, anyway. She doubted smiling and giggling in the face of the bouncers would land her anywhere. She seemed to be at quite the loss as she sat and contemplated on how to go about getting what Curtis wanted. He won’t live to see tomorrow if we’re let out of here by then, she thought as she looked down the bar toward the two investigators.

Zinistra's Prince

Lucky Werewolf

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

'Jerk'

He grinned. It was a friendly smile, not a condescending one. He took her insult as a confirmation that she saw things his way now. Yeah, he was a jerk, but he felt it a necessity. It's not like he harassed young women everyday. It was usually men. "Thank you, Miss. Now, allow me to go do us a favor. Unless you'd like to join me with this first?" He offered out a hand, though didn't expect her to take it, so he gave up on the effort after only a few seconds.

The pale woman seemed to have been worried about the investigators just as much as he was, as he noticed she kept glancing over at them. His work would do no good if she were caught prematurely. Curtis stood up from his seat, and patted his coat down. A little louder now, he addressed the two 'cops.' "I couldn't help but hear...you said you were investigators? Awfully funny timing you have! How well did you know the man, if I may inquire?"

3,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
User Image

Her deep blue eyes darted around the room very uncomfortably. Mr. Debose had always made her feel this way, and even more so with inviting her to this party knowing she would know not a single soul among the moving bodies. Her eyes kept off of the others with skill only suggesting she spends much time practicing the art of being a 'wall flower.' Her dark hair compliments the royal dress blue hugging her body and flaring out at the hips, dragging slightly on the floor as she walked toward the bar. A matching flower perched behind her ear was the only jewelry she decided to wear this evening, which was an instant regret when seeing all the overly sparkling diamonds around most of the women's necks, wrists, fingers, and ears. Jaclyn couldn't wait for it all to be over, to show her face and then leave. She never liked the man of honor, he always came onto her in unusual ways, and being fired by him as his secretary none the less. He did gift her 10grand for a Christmas bonus before hand, in which she wouldn't have accepted the invitation without. Jaclyn just figured he was making polite room for another woman who would fall for his devious ways of cheating on his whatever current girlfriend/wife.

She was so deep into thought that she bumped a waiter with a tray full of neatly polished wine glasses full of red wine. The tray topped over his white button down and poured deep red down his chest! She quickly tried to stop the action from proceeding and let out a slight yelp and tried to stop the towering glasses. Quick, quiet apologies were mumbled threw her shacking lips as she began to feel eyes all around her. The man quickly regained his poster, assured her it was fine, and ran off to the back. Leaving her in a pile of broken glass with judgmental eyes all around her. Jaclyn walked quickly to the bar with a hanging head, sat down, inspected herself for any spots of wine, and took a breath. That's when the news spread of the murder of her formal boss. Had she not been sitting, it would have been too much for her to take. Now she was stuck in a room full of strangers, completely stressed, and scared. There was a murderer among them, and it could have been anyone...

Aged Ladykiller

15,000 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Married 100
  • Tax Evader 100
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

User Image
With Whom: Jessica ; Bartender ; Wolf-guy ;
Where am I Again?: Bar --> Hallway ;
Calculated Thoughts: "Insufferable politicians!"

(Nothing's moving, so I'm just going to post.)

You know what they said; there was never an easy way through anything. Badge or no badge, these people were infuriating. either they were far too sharp, or far too thick. Either way, they were holding him up drastically. that may just be the plan, though, set by anyone. Hold up forensics as much as you can while the police take their merry time gliding through the city streets to get here. Though, now that he strained her ears, was that a 'wee-woo' in the distance? By Jove!

But he didn't have much time at all to celebrate the idea of slightly more logical persons that would take and use him the second they say his 'badge,' for a hand landed on his back, and yet another voice was accusing him of something. This time, of lying. He looked absolutely insulted the the man and his fuzzy ears; he didn't even seem to notice just how odd it was for a man to have big fuzzy wolf ears. Seemed normal enough to him. "Nothing about timing, really. I'm surprised Favio didn't have more friends in respectable places." His gaze was strict as he looked from the man, shrugging his grasp off, and then the bartender. "I honestly would have thought you would care enough about the fact that that poor gentleman was murdered than to start pointing fingers at every suspicion. Maybe I'm talking to the wrong lot, though. Maybe this party is just too full of people trying to save their own neck's to have a bit of sense."

He brought his gaze right back to the wolf eared man before reaching around him, taking Jessica's hand, and delicately leading her off away from the unwelcome company. there were plenty of times that he grew annoyed by the people around him; now was absolutely one of them. "Seems we've landed in the center of a terrible lot of politicians, Jessica. How about this..." He looked to her, smiling, noticing for a moment her uncomfortable she might be at seeing a corpse, if he ever got the chance, "take a look around. Act like this is one of those Agatha Christie books. See what some of these people have to say, and see if you can't find anything odd or out of place. I'll get a look as close to the scene as I can." that would be more better for a woman.

He let her free and started walking towards the bathroom he'd come from. This hallway was supposedly the scene of the crime, was it? He glanced around, searching for anything. Blood, signs of struggle, odd scents, (besides that of blood and guts and death,) and so forth. Anything that seemed fresh, really, like still damp rugs, or a new dent in a wall. He couldn't imagine there being too much of a struggle if no one had heard it well enough to rush after the murderer and corner them in such a skinny hall.

User Image

Dapper Darling

User Image
Vibryo Duponte

He was right to dismiss the offered hand as she surely did refuse it. With no help from him she hopped down off the chair and followed him over to the investigators; using him as cover as she tried to glare a hole in the back of his head. Upon reaching the two she straightened her face and stepped around to stand somewhat beside Curtis as he spoke. The actions of the male investigator took her by surprise. He was coming off as rather rude to Curtis and the bartender and it made no sense as to why at first. But, in remembering his late entrance he probably hadn’t a clue that she was the one who found Favio’s body in the first place. As for why he was rude to Curtis; didn’t know didn’t care. She simply grinned up at her blackmailer as if to say ’way to handle business’. With her attention on the bartender she stepped around Curtis in order to get closer to the woman. “People will do anything these days,” she stated with a smile, "Despite the situation. I don’t blame you for not telling them anything. I thought it suspicious as well. Them coming from out of nowhere. More importantly, are you all right? You’ve had a pretty rough night so far.” Her voice was soft, full of sympathy and concern as she tried to offer a friendly face to speak with. Not that she expected her to be any less defensive.

((Sorry, it doesn't move fast around here. Work and school, I'm sure. We just try to post when we can.))

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff