Hip-hop! 0.12222222222222 12.2% [ 11 ]
House/electronica! 0.24444444444444 24.4% [ 22 ]
Dubstep! 0.21111111111111 21.1% [ 19 ]
Country. 8D 0.088888888888889 8.9% [ 8 ]
Pickles. 0.28888888888889 28.9% [ 26 ]
Total Votes:[ 90 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 45 46 47 > >>

User Image

It's the hottest nightclub in Barton Town. It just opened recently, seeming to pop up over night, out of nowhere. There is no cover charge. There are no bouncers. The booze never runs out. And best of all, it seems that it never, ever closes.

But there's something strange about this weird little nightclub. Rumors persist that it is home to Gaians who aren't quite... Normal.

Gaians who can fly.

Gaians who can lift incredible amounts with ease, who can run at the speed of sound.

Nobody says it out loud, because it's foolish and superstitious to even consider, but the rumors go that this nightclub is home to Gaia's superheroes and supervillains. Meta-Humans, they call them.

At least, that's what they say. But it couldn't be true.

Rumors are just rumors, after all.

Aren't they?
User Image
Welcome to Rosso's Place, dudes and babes. I'm Fernando Rosso, owner and proprietor, and I'll be your host for the evening. Let me show you around. There's lots to see.

User Image
Almost always crowded with partiers, the 9x28 dancefloor provides the perfect setting for guests wishing to dance. Music requests and dynamic lighting are available on request via our DJ. Rosso's Place is always looking for talented musicians and DJs to employ. Inquire within.

User Image
At the back of the club, not far from the dancefloor, the bar awaits. Nearly everything is available from the bar's extremely well stocked selection, and more exotic beverages can be prepared by special requests. Food orders are also entertained. Strangely, there does not seem to be any charge for food or drinks. Charming and charismatic bartenders welcome. Inquire within.

User Image
The second floor, accessed via neon-lit staircase, is home to a balcony overlooking the dancefloor. The balcony provides an excellent view of the club below.

User Image
Also on the second floor is the lounge area, where guests may relax on a wide selection of comfortable chairs and couches.

User Image
Finally, the rooftop lounge area can be accessed, allowing guests a stunning view of the surrounding city of Barton.

User Image

We actively encourage roleplayers of all skill levels to join in. Roleplaying at Rosso's is as easy as creating a character identity for yourself. Maybe you're a schoolteacher from Alaska with the ability to fly. Maybe you're a cab driver from New York who can shoot fire from his eyes. The only limit is your own imagination.

You should be warned, though, that chatspeak, godmoding, powerplaying and other poor habits are not tolerated. Anyone is welcome to roleplay with us, but literacy and common roleplaying courtesy are absolute musts. This can't be stressed enough.

1. Write in Third-Person Limited
When you're roleplaying with a large group of other writers, it makes sense to write from the perspective of the character you're playing as. Essentially, write as though you're writing a novel about your character. The usage of asterisks will not be permitted.

2. When Fighting, Fight Fairly
The RPing that goes on here at Rosso's can be pretty heavy on confrontation, and more often than not, interactions will lead to combat. When the time comes to engage in fisticuffs, please remember to fight fairly. Autohitting, powerplaying all other forms of godmoding are frowned upon.

3. Get Involved
If you see people roleplaying and feel like joining them, jump in. If you're roleplaying and you see another roleplayer's posts being ignored, include them. RPing is a community effort. Trying to go “Lone Wolf” just makes you look like a douche.

4. Get Creative
You're free to create any kind of character you want, but come on, now. You didn't really think your brooding, white-haired anti-hero dressed from head to toe in black leather and carrying a sword the size of a minivan who goes straight for bar and says “....” was super-cool and original, did you? Try to avoid the stereotypes and forge new ground!

5. Be Flexible
Writing an epic, sprawling storyline for your character is all well and good, but what if other roleplayers don't go along with it? What if, instead of grabbing the Crystal of Destiny, they decide to explore the caverns, and maybe have a look around outside? Don't get angry and quit; adapt! Remember, roleplaying is a community effort. It's about writing a story with other roleplayers, not writing a storyline to its conclusion all by yourself and then forcing other roleplayers to act it out.

6. Have Fun
Remember, all of this is for fun. Don't take it personally when things don't go your way, and always respect your fellow roleplayer.
People of some importance in the Club

Owner:

Fernando Rosso - A mysterious man as mysterious as his love for snapple. Watch out for the guard dog though.

Bartenders:
Note: If neither of these two are present, then the player is allowed to NPC a bartender getting them their drinks.

Carver Edward Caruso- A young man with a long black braid and vibrant green eyes. Carver knows both his drinks...and his ducks.

In- A homeless purple werewolf with skittish tendencies, a love of hamburgers, and one powerful sense of smell.
[[Reserved.]]
[[Reserved.]]
[[Reserved.]]
[[We are now open for business. Post at your leisure, and enjoy.]]

Feral Galaxy

22,625 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Team Carl 200
  • Battle: Cleric 100
[[ heart ]]
((Reviving...))
The club was packed almost to capacity on this, its opening night. Countless ad dollars, as well as a few favors and a few whispers in the right ears, had ensured that tonight, and every night from now on, Rosso's Place would be the place to be. It was Barton Town's hottest new night spot. No one seemed to know exactly why this was, but then, the music was good, and so were the drinks, so no one seemed to care, either.

Near the back of the dance floor, a man in torn white jeans, sunglasses, a bright red jacket and a matching red mohawk stood leaning against the wall, arms crossed. He was Fernando Rosso, teenage multibillionaire, supergenius, CEO of the Life Foundation and owner of Rosso's Place. Next to him, a man in an impeccable white suit stood, hands clasped behind his back, observing stoically. After a few moments of silence, he spoke.

"Sir. Forgive my impertinence, but are you sure this is wise? Allowing regular human beings to intermingle with Meta-Humans... Encouraging it, in fact... Is it not dangerous?"

Fernando snorted dirisively, barely audible over the music.

"Of course it's dangerous, Mr. Smythe. Every experiment involves an element of danger."

"Yes, sir. I'm simply concerned for your safety, sir. Being out in the open like this, in an area where conflict is bound to arise..."

Fernando sipped at the martini he was nursing.
"Smythe, do you know why I decided to attend this opening personally?"

"I do not, sir."

"I decided to attend because I wanted to have a little fun. I have worked very hard over the past couple of months. I daresay I deserve one night of drunken revelry. And presently, you are doing a tremendous job of killing my buzz."

"My apologies, sir."

"Don't apologize, Smythe. Just have a drink or something."

"Sir, my system will metabolize the alcohol before it can impair my judgement. You designed me to find imbibing spirituous beverages to be pointless."

"I did, didn't I? How sad."
"A nightclub open 24 hours a day?" Zelda looked up at the sign that read Rosso's Place and scratched her head.

Does that still make it a nightclub? Wouldn't it be a... well, I don't know what it would be.

"Wisdom not knowing something? I better get inside! The sky might fall soon!" The woman grinned at the voice in her head and took a peek inside the building. Word on the street was the place was free of charge and served you non-stop. She could get used to a place like that, seemed better than her crummy apartment that was for sure and the music didn't seem all bad either.

"Wonder if they have whisk--" The feel of the bottle of liquor in her hand cut her sentence short.
"...Wonder if they have more whiskey," her fingers wrapping around the container's neck.

Why do you go to these places, Zelda? What good can you do here?

Her long hair flowed back with a breeze, revealing her rose-colored glassed which hid a pair of blue eyes that, were it some time ago, would've been dancing with the beat of the music. Now, however, they simply rested inside their sockets remembering those times long past.
"Ain't nothin' good about it, babe. Nothin' good at all..."

Taking a deep breath and patting down her clothes-- which had seen cleaner days-- Zelda walked into the club, the regular clop of her boots drowned by the sound of the music.

First thing was first.
"A drink."
The bottle in her hand felt heavy again.
"Well, a glass."
She walked toward the bar and sat.

Unbeatable Survivor

Jordan flew along through the air, His feet firmly planted on his staff. In the distance he saw The nightclub he had been told was opining,swiftly coming into view. As he flew the wind ruffled his hair, Which he kept tied back into a long braid of sorts, tight enough that it wasn't knocking him down or hitting him in the face
"That looks like the place" Said the flying man as he angled himself downward, attempting to get as close to the building as possible before dismounting

Afet a few more moments of flying Jordan jumped off of the Staff, landing safely in front of the entrance to the Meta-human Nightclub
The flying mage wore what could be considered ratty clothing, faded jeans, a stained black t-shirt and a large beat up leather duster. All of which had obviously seen better days. On the other hand the equipment he had strapped to himself seemed nearly pristine, The large silver rapier strapped to his side along with the rune etched staff that was currently strapping itself onto his back. Tied to his belt by a blackened rope was a leather bound book, His personal spell book

"Here we go." He said to himself as he made his way through the entrance, and then towards the bar proper, grinning wildly as he saw the many bottles of booze.
((Welcome, Kilau and Zelda!))

A young man with a long black braid and vibrant green eyes stood behind the counter mixing a drink. Judging by the expression of stressed excitement on his face and the state of the overflowing "Tip" jar, it had been an extremely busy opening night. Even so, he found time to make his way over to the spot Jordan was approaching.

"Welcome. Get you something, mister?"

Unbeatable Survivor

Some rum if ye have it." Said the man as he made his way to the bar proper, "And if my eyes don't deceive me I think I have made it here for the opening night eh?" Jordan spoke with a soft voice, and moved with the fluidity of someone who practiced some form of martial art on a regular basis. As he waited for the man to respond Jordan started to mess with a small black charm bracelet on his wrist, playing with what looked like a small sword charm.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff