Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hellishly
Furry Zeo
Alexander walked in on his own two feet instead of a horse as he liked to do. His eyes looked around the camp from under the hood he kept low over his head. "Tis a nice camp, perhaps as we grow it will as well till it is worthy of our aueens splendor" He made his way to the bar and sat down once inside. Resting his claymore against the table he pulled his hood back revealing his wolfish form. "An ale please" he asked the bar keep kindly as he relaxed a little.

[We need a bartender, and fast!]

"Ale?" the old, wheezy man behind the bar said, "Aye, here it be."

The ale was poured into a wooden cup and set before the wolfish man.

"Oy!" the old man said, when Alexander revealed himself, "What're ye then? A demon? Don't serve demons here, we do not!" the old man said, though clearly not very seriously. He made no move to take back the drink.

"At least, not without seeing the glint of their copper first. Pay up ye dog-headed demon, or I'll get the priests on ye! Won't like that, won't like that I'd wager!"

Truly, the man was old. He was so old that his daughter, who had wenched his bar all her life, was herself getting grey. The man had two nearly white eyes, riddled with cataracts. His teeth were nowhere to be seen, and his gums were fat and probably diseased.

"Wolf not dog" He said with a chuckle as he was used to folks reacting this way to his form. Normally it would have offended him but he felt in a rather good mood today so he simply waved it off. Reaching into his bag he pulled out a gold coin and held it infront of the old mans face "this gold piece says you won't call me demon again and your ale won't stop flowing for me tonight deal?" He asked as he pressed the coin into the mans palm.
Furry Zeo

"Wolf not dog" He said with a chuckle as he was used to folks reacting this way to his form. Normally it would have offended him but he felt in a rather good mood today so he simply waved it off. Reaching into his bag he pulled out a gold coin and held it infront of the old mans face "this gold piece says you won't call me demon again and your ale won't stop flowing for me tonight deal?" He asked as he pressed the coin into the mans palm.

"Wolf 'e says!" the old man spat, "As if that's any better."

Yet he took the gold all the same, and held it close to his ruined eyes.

"Aye, I'll give ye ale, Sir. Don't mean I have to like it."

But the drinks kept pouring. Whenever Alexander ran out, the aging wench would refill him. A gold piece was a big deal in a place like this. Even the Royal Alehouse usually only dealt in coppers and silvers. As the minutes and drinks went by, the woman who served him grew brave enough to strike up a conversation.

"So, what exactly are you?" she said politely, "Never seen your kind before."
Hellishly
Furry Zeo

"Wolf 'e says!" the old man spat, "As if that's any better."

Yet he took the gold all the same, and held it close to his ruined eyes.

"Aye, I'll give ye ale, Sir. Don't mean I have to like it."

But the drinks kept pouring. Whenever Alexander ran out, the aging wench would refill him. A gold piece was a big deal in a place like this. Even the Royal Alehouse usually only dealt in coppers and silvers. As the minutes and drinks went by, the woman who served him grew brave enough to strike up a conversation.

"So, what exactly are you?" she said politely, "Never seen your kind before."

He smiled warmly at the woman as he took another draw from his stein. Setting it down he began to speak "And I doubt ye ever will" He said softly "I'm human, or I was until a witches curse befell me. When I was younger many years ago I used my status as a night to take advantage of many a lady who thought they were being wooed by me when I only had one thought in mind. Sadly my last and final conquest was a witch who claimed that I was just a wolf hiding in a mans body and she would make sure that everyone saw me for what I truely was" He ran his hand through the short fur on his head "looked like this ever since"
Furry Zeo

He smiled warmly at the woman as he took another draw from his stein. Setting it down he began to speak "And I doubt ye ever will" He said softly "I'm human, or I was until a witches curse befell me. When I was younger many years ago I used my status as a night to take advantage of many a lady who thought they were being wooed by me when I only had one thought in mind. Sadly my last and final conquest was a witch who claimed that I was just a wolf hiding in a mans body and she would make sure that everyone saw me for what I truely was" He ran his hand through the short fur on his head "looked like this ever since"

"Humph." the woman grunted, "Don't usually like witches but yours gave you what you deserved, and I'm not sorry for saying it." Even still, the woman didn't seem particularly mad at Alexander.

"That sword...you're a mercenary?" it was the obvious guess. She had traveled with the queen for some time, and she had never seen a beast-man as one of her knights before. No doubt, Alexander was the first.
Hellishly
Furry Zeo

"Humph." the woman grunted, "Don't usually like witches but yours gave you what you deserved, and I'm not sorry for saying it." Even still, the woman didn't seem particularly mad at Alexander.

"That sword...you're a mercenary?" it was the obvious guess. She had traveled with the queen for some time, and she had never seen a beast-man as one of her knights before. No doubt, Alexander was the first.

"You'll find few who disagree with you on that fact, myself included. She made me see the error of my actions and did help change me" He took another sip of his Ale as he placed his hand on the grip of his blade "I used to be, not easy being a knight when you look as I do, though people tend not to care what you look like when you do the job for the right price" He grinned "but now I am once again a knight, Our Gracious Queen has deemed me worthy to serve as one of her knights"
Furry Zeo
Hellishly
Furry Zeo

"You'll find few who disagree with you on that fact, myself included. She made me see the error of my actions and did help change me" He took another sip of his Ale as he placed his hand on the grip of his blade "I used to be, not easy being a knight when you look as I do, though people tend not to care what you look like when you do the job for the right price" He grinned "but now I am once again a knight, Our Gracious Queen has deemed me worthy to serve as one of her knights"

"A knight? You?" It was strange, she was willing to believe he was cursed by a witch, but the idea of his being a knight seemed to honestly astonish her.

"But you're not even-" she stopped herself before finishing.

"I mean to say...it...it's an honor, Sir. We're glad to serve a knight of the queen's."

Across the room, the old man scoffed.

"Damn woman must be marbles, letting riff-raff join the knights..."

"Don't mind him," his daughter said, shooting her father a disgusted look, "He's not...modern. Doesn't understand magic and strange things. Doesn't like what he doesn't understand. Forgive him. He'll take your gold and leave you be, or I'll sort him out."
Hellishly
Furry Zeo
Hellishly
Furry Zeo

"A knight? You?" It was strange, she was willing to believe he was cursed by a witch, but the idea of his being a knight seemed to honestly astonish her.

"But you're not even-" she stopped herself before finishing.

"I mean to say...it...it's an honor, Sir. We're glad to serve a knight of the queen's."

Across the room, the old man scoffed.

"Damn woman must be marbles, letting riff-raff join the knights..."

"Don't mind him," his daughter said, shooting her father a disgusted look, "He's not...modern. Doesn't understand magic and strange things. Doesn't like what he doesn't understand. Forgive him. He'll take your gold and leave you be, or I'll sort him out."

He chuckled softly "It's fine, he reminds me a little bit of home" He said as he stood "I'll ignore what he said about the queen as long as he won't call me a demon when I come back" He pressed another coin into her hand and grinned "You can say it's an honor to serve me when I do something honorable, until then I am simply a patron" He gave her a small bow "I should get going and let the queen know that I have arrived" He said before walking out of the tavern and exploring the tent city once more.
The Chaindragger kept his distance from the Queen but maintained a watchful eye. Things seemed fine so far in the new kingdom she was carving out, but typically that's how these things went at first. Allies come quickly, enemies tend to wait and plot. He remained silent, preferring to be as the air in the room: vital yet unimposing... until there was need of him.

Hygienic Phantom

7,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
The roads had been rough and the days long but Tenack had finally arrived at the camp. His armor plated tunic was now more dusty than it had been a few days ago though the cutlass at his belt remained as sharp as ever secure in its scabbard. The camp seemed to be taking shape quiet quickly hopefully before long some real barricades and wall could be put up.

For now Tenack made his way through the camp glad to be back from visiting the shops, taverns and clubs of commerce. It would be good to be able to relax a little and be a bit more at ease among friends. Now he would walk the camp ensure that everything about it was orderly.

Omnipresent Gatekeeper

Ryan had moved about the camp alertly, paying heed to everything around him. Alas he made his way into the camp's tavern. Spotting the old woman whom had been serving ale and the half wolf half man who'd been drinking there. "Afternoon ladies and gentlemen." He said cheerily for he had been in a spectacular mood this day. "Barkeep one of your best ale's please!" He called to her. Moving across the table from the mysterious wolf man. "Good day sir knight, would you humbly allow me to rest and drink here with you on this fine day?"
Knight of Hellishly
Ryan had moved about the camp alertly, paying heed to everything around him. Alas he made his way into the camp's tavern. Spotting the old woman whom had been serving ale and the half wolf half man who'd been drinking there. "Afternoon ladies and gentlemen." He said cheerily for he had been in a spectacular mood this day. "Barkeep one of your best ale's please!" He called to her. Moving across the table from the mysterious wolf man. "Good day sir knight, would you humbly allow me to rest and drink here with you on this fine day?"

(Techincally I had already left the bar but let's just pretend it's a new day and I'm back since I haven't been able to meet the queen yet)

Alexander looked up and smiled at the Knight who approached him "Of course sir, I could use some company since sadly it seems like our little tent ground is lacking currently" He said with a nod as he took a swing of his ale "Though I will warn you, try not to upset the man in the back. He has quite a mouth on him" He chuckled before shifting his chair slightly so that the man would have plenty of room at the table.
Furry Zeo
"Though I will warn you, try not to upset the man in the back. He has quite a mouth on him" He chuckled before shifting his chair slightly so that the man would have plenty of room at the table.

Across the room, the old man spat on the ground.

"Damnable wolf..." he said, no longer able to call Alexander a 'demon'. The he realized what he'd done, and swept away his spittle.
Hellishly
Furry Zeo
"Though I will warn you, try not to upset the man in the back. He has quite a mouth on him" He chuckled before shifting his chair slightly so that the man would have plenty of room at the table.

Across the room, the old man spat on the ground.

"Damnable wolf..." he said, no longer able to call Alexander a 'demon'. The he realized what he'd done, and swept away his spittle.
He chuckled softly as he noted the man and shook his head "If I'm that bad then kick me out and I'll happily go spend my coin elsewhere" He said as he tapped his fingers on the mug infront of him

Fanatical Prophet

Resira could be found in one of the more isolated corners of the Alehouse, having found the seat that was most separate from the others. Before her sat a simple piece of flat bread and a goblet of red wine. The girl was clearly in her own little world, staring at the food and drink in front of her with a vacant expression. Silently muttering something to herself, a silent prayer, most likely... One that just seemed to go on and on.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff