Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shadowy Rogue

Lucien
Call the chaos from the skies, feel the darkenss start to rise
burn in darklight, freeze in time

—————————
User Image
Lucien watched her cautiously take and test his blood before letting it pass her lips. She was a cautious one, wasn't she? In his younger days he might have found himself annoyed with her over-caution, but now that he'd seen his fair share of people poisoned from carelessness over the many years he'd lived he saw no harm in it. He gave a small smile as she commented on the sweetness of his blood, not surprised she found it as such.

"As you wish Denali, just let me know if you need more to finish your healing."

Though she was thinking of debts and the ways people exerted control over others, if she were to ask him what she owed for the favor she might be surprised at the answer. Lucien wasn't the type to hold grudges or debts of loyalty for small favors. It was tedious to keep track of things like that. Unless the favor was very great or the reason for the grudge very strong, he wouldn't bother with it.

That was not to say, however, that he didn't hold people to debts or that he didn't hold grudges. He was just...selective.

"You'll forgive me if I seem rude for a moment, but I feel I must ask if whatever harmed you might show up to cause trouble here? Lore is a haven against those sort of things, so having forewarning of any impending danger is nice. I don't mind a good fight now and then, but I don't like surprise instances of violence much if you understand."

Heras Box

—————————

From the ruins of the soul, find the willing path to go
heal the wayward, find the sick
in the darkness peace now know.

Anarus's Wife

Mythical Wolf

Heavens Darkest Angel

With the worst of the broken rib repaired she seemed to move more freely. Denali didn't need more blood since her Carpathian nature would heal the rest over time. As Lucien excused himself from seeming rude she once again drew her bottom lip in between her teeth to roll it. She could understand his concern, especially if he owned this lovely place. She gave a small shake of her head. In truth the ones that had done it shouldn't be able to find her, though that wasn't to say another of their race wasn't about. "Since I escaped in a time they thought me incapable, no. They will not show up here." She had also been careful about her trail. Having been held for such a long time by a pack of lycans she knew how to upset their noses.

When she looked around the place once more she saw steps and a door to her side. Denali knew she would be reaching for too much but she let her eyes move to the side to judge the mood of the man. Finally her head would turn back to him. "I don't suppose you would take kindly to me sneaking into a room to sleep in, would you?" She thought for a moment before she offered another explanation. "I am weaker in the daytime, almost catatonic." Full bloods could open the ground to sleep in the safety of the rich soil but she was not able to do such a thing. Then all at once she seemed to go even paler than she already was. Could she be endangering herself by telling him about her weaknesses? Denali swallowed rather hard as she watched Lucien.

Shadowy Rogue

Lucien

—————————
User Image
Lucien could see something was bothering her, though what that was he had no clue. She wasn't in immediate danger from what she said, but the way she looked around said that she was holding something back, something that she deemed rather important. As she asked about sneaking into one of the rooms he simply raised an eyebrow. Her explanation made sense, and the way she reacted did as well, but he couldn't help but smile a little, holding back a small chuckle.

"Well you could sneak up into one, though I'm not sure you'd feel to safe unable to lock the door."

He shrugged and looked over at the stairs leading to the second floor of rooms as well as the door leading to the first floor of rooms. Almost all of them were empty, so it wasn't like she wouldn't find a room of her own.

"Though you might find it much easier to just ask for a room and get a key. You could at least lock the door that way, if you're concerned about your safety during the day."

Not having the same weakness in the sun, Lucien found sleep a tiresome chore that he was glad he didn't have to do. He turned and walked to a pegboard with keys, taking down one of the heavy antique brass keys with a wooden tag secured through the eye hole at the end, the number six burned into the wood. He placed the key down on the counter in front of her and gave a small smile.

"Just through that door there, I'm sure you can find the room in the hall. The windows all have heavy drapes that can black out the room, should you need it. If you need anything else, just let me know."

Heras Box

—————————

Anarus's Wife

Mythical Wolf

Heavens Darkest Angel

When he answered her with a smile she had to pause a bit and tilt her head. Did she miss something amusing? His words made her look toward the steps again as if she could see the rooms from there. He likely had a point about not being able to lock the door once she was inside, so if someone happened to be using it or needed it she could easily be found. Hearing him say she could simply ask for a room and a key she turned her head quickly to look at him, her hair flying out at the action. Denali's mouth all but dropped open as he presented a key on the counter and told her where to find the room it went to. She had to stare for a moment before looking up at him. "I.. I don't understand. I can't pay for anything and you are still going to let me have a key?" Her hand reached out for the object that had the wooden tag attached to it but she stopped just centimeters above it. "You aren't going to put me in a cage.. are you?" There was a mixture of suspicion and fear in her voice.

Shadowy Rogue

Lucien

—————————
User Image
The surprise on the young woman's face was quite apparently, she hadn't been expecting the key it seemed. He shrugged when she stated that she couldn't pay for a room, there being a total lack of concern on his face as she brought that point up. He had never asked for a payment, had he? Yes he had an establishment meant to provide a service, but Lucien wasn't the greedy type. He had no real use for money, especially since he could run Lore for decades on his "earnings" from various...jobs he'd done in the past. And never touch principle. It just wasn't a big deal to him.

When she made a comment about putting her in a cage, he realized that likely she had a reason for asking something like that. Life was hardly ever kind to those considered different than human, and even more rarely to humans themselves, so her reaction wasn't that surprising. Sad, yes, but not surprising.

"I don't know, would that make you feel more comfortable?"

His question was asked with a straight face, though a moment after he asked he gave a kind smile and shook his head. He had no reason to imprison her here, so why would he?

"You might find this odd, but money and wealth have little allure to me. You can use the room without worry of being indebted to me if that is what you are concerned about. If using the facilities without payment goes contrary to your honor or upbringing I can find a few small tasks for you to complete in order to "make us even", though I don't require it."

Heras Box

—————————

Anarus's Wife

Mythical Wolf

Heavens Darkest Angel

When he asked if it would make her more comfortable, and with a straight face no less, she shook her head vigorously. Denali wasn't fond of cages or cells. As he then told her she could use the room without fear of being indebted to him she lowered her hand the rest of the way so that she could take the key from the counter. With it in hand she stood there thinking. "I am not sure what good my upbringing would do." Being that she had been in a cage since she was a baby there was little there for her to put into her experiences elsewhere. "As for honor, I am not sure, but if you have small jobs that need done then I can do them." It wasn't like she was in a hurry to move on If Denali had a bed to sleep in and blood she could use when she needed it there was no need to leave.

She looked at the others who had thus far been quiet during her exchange with Lucien then back to him. "I think I'll go get some sleep for now." Denali nodded her head and moved away from the counter slowly so that she didn't trip. Finally she turned so that she could go toward the door that he ha directed her toward. If he was left to go to her room then she would disappear so that she could rest and allow her body to heal the rest of the way in peace.

(( So sorry to cut it short I am off to bed. ))

Demonic Waffles

A shadow slinked along the walls, after the woman walked in Dreamer was nothing more then smoke at the counter. There was nothing more then her tea cup with half of the tea left. Bishopp must have gone, while she decided to let herself wander around Luc's tavern. A pair of white slit eyes wandered about, and she was no where in the bar area instead she had found her way to other areas of his place.

Although when she was done, the demon made her way back, still fully a mist. Luc would know who she was, but the woman only saw a shadowy figure with a demon tail and a pair of high horns that curled inward.

Shadowy Rogue

Lucien

—————————
User Image
Lucien nodded as Denali told him that she would do any small jobs he needed done, though really there wasn't much in the way to do in the large tavern. Since it was empty for a good portion of time there wasn't much cleaning to be done. If she wished to stay he was sure she'd find something that needed to be done, he was only one person after all.

Feeling more than seeing the presence that was Dreamer, Lucien looked around to see if he could find her. Impromptu "find the Dreamer" game: Start! He smirked at himself and shook his head slightly. Maybe he was finally cracking and losing his mind. Or was he already trying to find it again? Eh, details.

"Having fun being all smokey and stealthy Dreamer?"

He smirked, knowing that with Denali on her way to bed and Bishopp having seemingly disappeared that it was just him and the demon assassin that luckily hadn't been paid to kill him. Yet. Sometimes he wondered if she'd actually take a contract like that...best not to find out.

shadow_dreamer

—————————

Shadowy Rogue

((
Heras Box

g'night! Thanks for stopping bye!))

Demonic Waffles

((Damn it Luc...I am sorry. I have friends over, soooo distracted. D: ))

Shadowy Rogue

shadow_dreamer
((Damn it Luc...I am sorry. I have friends over, soooo distracted. D: ))

((Hey, don't beat yourself up for having a life. I've got to get to bed soon anyway, need to get up in less than 5hrs wink stop by again though, its fun rping with you))

Shadowy Rogue

Lucien

—————————
User Image
It was late the next morning when Lucien finally wandered down from his loft on the second floor. He hadn't really seen a point in being down here when most everyone was asleep so he'd wandered upstairs and meditated for a while. It would likely seem out of place for someone like him to meditate for hours on end, but when sleep wasn't necessary other ways to fill empty time became more than just a little needed.

Thinking some of his guests might be up, or that new ones might arrive, he walked behind the bar and cleaned up the few dishes that were made last night. Putting the bowl and knife in the sink to soak, he cleaned up the tea cup and saucer that Dreamer had been using and glanced up at the door. Perhaps they'd get some interesting visitors today, who knew?

—————————

Anarus's Wife

Mythical Wolf

When the sun was slightly lower Denali seemed to force herself awake. While normally she would have waited until full dark to get up she needed something to eat. Slowly moving from her blanket cocoon she staggered out of the comfortable bed and groaned at the thought of leaving it. She'd not had a bed before so the luxury was astounding. When she was on her feet she swayed from side to side but brought a hand around to her stomach just as it screeched its need. Denali moved toward the door much in the way a zombie moved slowly. She gave a yawn and left the safety of her room so she could travel down the hall and finally out to the main area of the building. In this state she was much less attentive but she did look around to see what she could find.

Shadowy Rogue

Lucien

—————————
User Image
Lucien looked up as the door leading to the rooms opened up, a curious look on his face to see who was awake. He knew that Denali was the only person that had a room, but with the people he knew it wasn't odd for someone to appear in some random location and just open a door to say hello. He gave a small smile as the nearly zombified woman made her way into the main area, seeing she was still rather groggy.

"Hello Denali, ready to venture out into the night again?"

While he was fully alert, he made sure not to let his voice get overly chipper or otherwise annoying for the sleepy patron. He wondered what had roused her from her slumber while the sun still shone across the land. Likely it was hunger, but who knew for sure?

Heras Box

—————————

Anarus's Wife

Mythical Wolf

Heavens Darkest Angel

When she heard the familiar voice she turned her head to look toward him, though the movement had happened rather quickly and made her sway even more on her feet from dizziness. "Hello, Lucien." Denali tried to be somewhat manner. She moved toward the bar in a drunken line since she was still fighting off the effects of her slumber. When she managed to reach it her stomach would cry out again and she would lick her lips before using the counter to sprawl out on. Her arms reaching over it with no real destination or intent as her head lay down on the cool surface. "Is there a steak in the kitchen?" Some of her words would be mumbled, possibly even slurred, as she spoke.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff