Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shou scooped up stara who wore her coat and held onto her mothers front. She nestled her head down on Shous collar bone and closed her eyes. Autumn ran through the house, grabbing her coat and putting on her shoes. Shou stood with Eve as the two talked about where Shou and the girls were headed off to. They both wanted to play in the snow tonight. Shou promised Eve they would not be too long. Shou leaned in and gave her wife a soft head-bonk before giving her a kiss. The three headed out into the snow to play games and train if Shou managed to get Autumns undivided attention. Autumn dove into the snow and dug to see what she could find.

"Come on Autumn," Shou laughed and shook her head, remembering what it was like to be her age.

"We need to train, remember?" Shou watched Autumn race ahead and dive into a pile of snow, digging her way through. Shou shook her head, smiling as Autumn continued to jump and play in the fresh fallen powder.

Distinct Explorer

7,625 Points
  • Member 100
  • Generous 100
  • Profitable 100
Gauge and Echo where out tonight in the freshly fallen snow. The sun had gone down and the cold was setting in. Echo was home from Lilith's training so she was helping her half sister who did regular mountain watches. Sometimes during the winter, hunters would hide in the mountains and would do illegal hunts from time to time. So far this had not happened this year but regular watches kept that so. After a bit of searching, the two decided to head into town. There was a small coffee shop that sold lots of hot drinks and seasonal favorites. After making a purchase, Echo and Gauge sat down at a small table and went over some of the local adverts that were hung up on the town board by the hall. Gauge had heard some small talk about a stranger in town, a child in fact. Typically when lost children showed up in town, they were taken in by Abel and his guards. They usually ended up being lost children of residents that were living in Darkwood.

"If there really is a lost child, we should find them and take them to Abel, we can't have a child out in the cold, especially tonight with it being as cold as it is". Gauge sipped her drink as Echo agreed. Once the two finished their drinks they got up from the table, tossed out their trash then went on the hunt. Many of the side streets and small alleyways behind the stores and businesses usually attracted a lot of homeless or shady people. Luckily Abel and his guards kept the streets safe. Echo and Gauge started to look around, unfortunately because the talk about a lost child had only just started, there was a high possibility that the rumor was just that...a rumor. The night was still young though and many places were still busy with holiday shoppers. Most of the street vendors were still open even. Alley after alley was searched, nothing turned up. Soon, the two girls ended up back at the coffee shop where they took a seat at another table. They were about to give up when the sound of a trash can lid hitting the grounded could be heard.

"Over there, I thought I saw a shadow". Echo pointed and they both got up to investigate.

"Could be an animal". Gauge and Echo went behind the shop and used a flashlight to look around. Nothing was seen. But something got into the trash as there were scraps of food and pieces of hard bread on the ground.

"This waste is fresh, the shop must have just put it out". Echo picked up a bun that was hard but not moldy. Gauge picked up another bun but this one had a bite mark in it. A new one in fact. Just before she could speak, another bang alerted them. A trash can tipped over and rolled into the alleyway where they were walking. Looking around, the light caught a quick flash of something small moving in the shadows. When Gauge shined the light at a small, wooden box, a small girl was seen inside. She had been wearing a torn up shirt, old shoes with holes in them and a pair of gloves with the fingers exposed. She looked like your typical street urchin.

Echo reached out for her but she recoiled and curled up. Gauge remembered she had some rations in her bag, which she swung around her and pulled out a strip of jerky. The young girl's nose caught sent of the food and she moved forward sniffing the air. She had a full head of white hair with a blue strip in the front that looked like a long bang. Her skin was tanned and she had a pair of bright eyes, one was a distinct blue and the other was a reddish orange. She gobbled up the meat really quick and when she saw that these two strangers were not a threat, the small girl began to climb up on Gauge in the hopes of finding another piece of meat.

"She's a real cutie, but we should take her to the guards so they can find out who she belongs to". Echo laughed as the child found another piece of meat which she ate up as quickly as the first. Echo and Gauge began to head to the town guard headquarters to drop the child off. They were not sure how she might react to being brought to a strange place especially after getting to know the two girls.
The town lights flickered ahead, the town was busy tonight as last minute holiday shoppers stopped to make their last purchases. Autumn and Stara admired the lights and decorations, Autumn heading from vendor to vendor to look at anything that might catch her eye. Shou took her daughters hand and dragged her away, telling her she would be getting gifts in just a few days to celebrate the winter solstice. Autumn then ran to someone selling salted meats and begged her mother to buy some kebabs. Shou laughed, knowing that Autumns high metabolism meant she needed to eat more often. Shou bought some meat for herself and Autumn as they continued to walk through the town enjoying more decor and a hot meal. 

Stara ran ahead to chase Autumn around. She loved playing chase with her sister. Shou followed, slowly eating her snack while watching over the two. It wasnt long before she saw three figures in the distance, one turning their attention to her as she stood closer. The figure approached, revealing itself to be a small girl in tattered clothing. Shous eyes widened as she saw this girl walking up to her to beg for food. 

"Hey... where are your parents?" Shou asked, but the girl simply reached out for the food in her hands. Shou knelt, getting down to eye level as she offered the girl her food. She examined her, taking note of her features and behavior. "Youre hungry, huh? Ill get you more." Shou reached out, petting the girl on the head. The girl leaned into the touch while scarfing down the food Shou had offered. She looked back up as the other two figures approached her. "Do you know this girl?" Shou asked. 
Echo and Gauge walked up to Shou. She would immeditly recognize them as Gen's two daughters. Shou stood up while the child ate, she had her own two girls with her. Autumn stood next to Shou while the younger one, Stara, was in a small carrier on Shou's chest.

"We just found this little one behind the coffee shop going though the trash, I don't think she's eaten a whole lot judging from how hungry she seems to be". Gauge bent down and looked over the young girl, despite being out in the cold, hungry and almost naked, she seemed to be in good spirits and health.

"She's going to the guards and probably taken to the orphanage until her parents can be found. I hate to do it but if the parents come looking for her, it needs to be documented that she was found". Echo put her hand on the young girls head as she looked up at Shou and her children. She clung to Echo's pant leg and seemed to understand what was going on despite her young age. Shou then looked down and noticed small tears in the child's eyes. As if she didn't want to leave their sides.
Shou could see the tears in the girls eyes, knowing she did not want to go to the guards just to be passed around from home to home. She looked like she had been missing for a long time, Shou wondered if she was abandoned. She understood the girl needed to be on record that she was found, her parents could come looking for her. Stara reached out to the girl, making a small noise as she waved. The girl reached out back, taking Staras hand and moving forward. Her eyes lit up as the two exchanged a head-bonk, a smile growing on her face despite almost being in tears. Shou ran her fingers through the young girls hair and softly spoke to ease her.

"Its alright... youre okay. Youre hungry, huh...?" Shou looked into the girls eyes, seeing one eye color that was a beautiful blue and the other red like a sunset. As she ran her fingers through her hair, she saw the silver streak come out from being hidden. Shou began to think. The head bonk was something unique, she had never met someone who also used this to display affection. Shou slowly stood up, taking the girls hand. "Ill take her." Shou said in confidence. "Theres something about her... i might know her parents." Shou looked at the two girls. "How about I buy everyone some food. You all look like youd enjoy a hot meal. She needs someone she can trust." Shou looked down scooped her up into her arms. "Ill take care of her till then." The girls eyes widened as she felt how warm Shou was. She nuzzled into her quickly, trying to get as warm as possible. Shou took off her hoodie and placed it on the girl then continued to hold her close. 

Guage and Echo agreed, feeling this was the better way to find the girls parents. They didnt pass up a free hot meal either. They followed Shou to get hot fresh food. Shou bought plate after plate to fill everyones empty tummy. Once finished they parted ways, Shou asking the girls to say hello to their mother. The four walked home for it was getting late and Shou knew Eve would worry. Once home Shou had Autumn take Stara to bed and the girl to be in proper sleepwear. Once cleaned up and ready for bed, Shou tucked her in and told her she was going to be taken care of and that Shou would protect her. 
The night sure turned itself into quite the festivities as Viktor watched from his perch. He then began to watch a small group who seemed to be helping a small child of sorts, and it was good to see people taking their time to help one in need. It was just then he heard footsteps below him and mumbling for two rather suspicious characters “I don’t see why we even have to care about one little brat that got away when we have half a dozen already”. The taller of the two who was talking pulled on a chain which pulled on the collars of the children, most of which look as if they haven’t eaten in some time nor have been given new clothing but rags with string “look were suppose to deliver all of these children by tomorrow or we don’t get paid, now shut your gob and…” before another word was uttered, Viktor had already jumped from his perch three stories up and landed between the two men with each hand holding a dagger that sliced down opening them both up from brain to belly. They each fell with a thud and as he stood up he looked back at the children seeing terror in their eyes. Viktor removed his nose and mouth covering then gave the children a smile “it’s alright children I’m here to help”. Most of the children didn’t know what to do for the shock of an unknown man saved them meant he would perhaps take them away, but it was the smallest of the group that nearly ran over to him and hugged his arm tightly as tears ran down her cheeks. The other saw this and he then opened his free arm and they all ran over to him to hug him as they started crying.
Shou began to stir as she felt something bumping into her. She started to stretch slowly before feeling more bumps simultaneously on her other side. Her eyes opened to see Stara head-bonking into her arm, giggling while watching her mother wake. Shou turned to see the little girl from last night, also bonking her head into Shous other shoulder.

"You both hungry?" Shou said in a groggy voice, not getting any sleep from the previous night as she was busy watching over the newest presence in the house. Just as she was about to raise up she felt the two jump on top of her, giggling as they tried to play. "Hang on... Im getting up." Shou rose with the two, one in each arm as she tried to sort herself. "Come on... lets go eat food."

Once Shou had finished feeding the two girls she carried them to the bathroom where she gave them both a bath. Stara happily played in the bath water once she was clean and the other girl leaned into Shou while she washed her hair. Shou noticed the beautiful blue hue that she had, yet there was a streak of silver on one side that stood out perfectly. It was on the same side as her sunset colored eye. Shou softly hummed to comfort the girl.

"You remind me a lot of myself..." Shou said, having a bit of a hunch as to where this girl came from. Shou raised up and left the room to get some shampoo. She looked through the drawers till she found some that the kids had liked and headed back to the bathroom. By the time she arrived the girl was sitting in a tub filled with snow. The girl smiled, she didnt seem to be bothered by it that much. "Ice powers..." This gave Shou an even bigger hunch as to whos child this belonged to. Shou turned the water back on and continued to clean her up before wrapping her in a towel and drying her off.

Business Tycoon

13,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
The winter festival had come and gone, but all the town was still decorated. The sun was starting to go down and night was coming earlier and earlier each day. Eve was done with her work for the day after having to go to the town hall for various meetings again. She was coming though the door with some food items in bags but she wasn't alone. Raine was with her, looking almost like a twin of her mother. Eve was going to cook tonight for her family and could hear Autumn and Stara making noise a couple of rooms over. She could hear Shou as well and the new little girl that had come home with her a few nights ago. Eve took off her heavy coat which was covered with snow. She hung it up and made her way to the kitchen to drop off all the food. Raine did the same but she went toward the main living room to start a fire to warm things up. She also began to prepare the dinning hall where another fire was started. The table was set as Eve began to cook. The smell of the food would soon attract the family. Eve had told Raine about Shou coming home. She was a bit confused on how she felt on this matter. Raine had always held a grudge against Shou, feeling like she abandoned her mother as well as her own children. It had been quite some time since Raine had seen Shou. As Raine finished setting the table, a curious Stara showed up and greeted her older sister with a big hug, glad that she was home from training once more. Raine took her baby sis to the kitchen to greet her mother. Raine held Stara in her arms as they looked at the food being prepared. Eve had started to cook a roast before she left for the meetings, it was almost finished cooking. She also cooked up some fish, chicken and Shou's absolute favorite, some abalone.
Shou had fixed up the small girl in some new clothes bought from Mira earlier this day. It was going to be their first dinner with everyone present, so Shou knew this dinner was going to be more important than a usual dinner. As Shou entered the room her eyes locked on Raine, noticing how much she looked like her mother Eve. She felt an overwhelming sense of joy upon seeing her, tears welled up in her eyes. Shou was proud of the strong woman she had become, the strong woman Shou knew Raine would always be. She stepped towards her, gently calling out her name. Shou knew Raine could react differently than anyone else so far has. As Raine turned to Shou, she watched the expression on her face. The two stepped aside to have a moment between them, which Eve encouraged.

"Raine," Shou began. "I am so sorry for being gone for so long. I am so sorry I put you, Eve, Autumn and Stara all through heartbreak. I am sorry for every moment I missed out on such a wonderful family. I fought as hard as I could to get out from the Underworld...." Shou paused, she could feel her chest locking up the more she thought about it. "And I am sorry I failed. I failed you, Stara and Autumn as a mother. I failed Eve as a wife and best friend." Shou held eye contact and stood still despite the feeling in her chest screaming to hug her daughter. "You don't ever have to forgive me, but I am doing all that I can to make up for it."
Raine was mad, she was also curious that her mother would just up and take Shou back in after her long absence. But at the same time, Raine now understood why she was gone for so long. She could have easily assumed Shou was lying about where she had been, but seeing how much her mother had physically changed more than let her understand whatever she went though, wasn't an easy or forgettable experience. Raine was also the tough one of the three daughters, the one that almost came off as cold and uncaring, almost like Wynter who ran the blacksmith shop in town. She was always the tough one because when she was younger, she watched out for Autumn and eventually Stara when she came around. Raine closed her eyes, still she wanted to just turn and walk away but her mother was in the other room with her sisters. A long sigh came out of Raine as she closed her eyes while looking at Shou from across the length of the dinner room table. The crackle of the fire could be heard loud and clear for a few seconds. Then Raine broke the silence with her voice.
"I suppose I need to focus on the fact you are here and that is what counts most. I can tell you for a fact that a few years ago I wouldn't have returned your feelings, Mom". Raine sighed again but a short one.
"Wasting time on being mad at you wouldn't be proper of me when I should be telling you how I have been doing and not keeping it all inside".
Raine took off her hat, revealing sharp pink and some blue hair as she walked toward Shou and gave her a hug. Just happy to see her once more. Raine wasn't the little girl Shou remembered anymore, the same little girl that sometimes nipped at Shou when she was young, she was now a young woman and quite possibly the one that would take over duties as the leader and mayor of Darkwood.

While the two hugged Eve peeked around the corner, a tear in her eye as she watched. The food was ready to be served but she waited a moment so Raine and Shou could enjoy the atmosphere. It wouldn't be long before all the food was at the table and the entire Hellheart family sat down to dinner for the first time in a long time together.
Shou wiped the tears streaming down her face as her daughter hugged her. The response was a very mature one, Shou knew her daughter had come so far since she had been gone. Shou did not want Raine to hold back in telling her how she felt. It was important for Shou to know in order for the healing process to begin. Shou knew there was a chance Raine could never trust her again, and the possibility of that happening would take awhile. Shou would give all the patience and time that Raine needed. Shou offered to spend more time with Raine since she had the time off away from school. She could show her mother exactly what she had learned, and even a few things Shou could teach her. The two sat down to the dinner table, Shou helping serve food to everyone sitting down. The small girl and Stara were busy head-bonking Autumn who was trying to eat. Shou then turned to Eve to tell her about where she had found her, and she might know whos child they belong to.

"Maybe Gemini would have an idea? Maybe run some tests?" Shou asked Eve for her thoughts on the matter.

Business Tycoon

13,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
Shou and Stara had large portions of food as usual, Eve knew to make extra since they did eat a lot. Eve was glad that Raine and Shou made up and were now speaking with each other again. The family sat together and ate happily, the young girl also was taking in large amounts of food. Eve was eating a piece of roast when Shou asked about Gemini.
"Mmm, that would be best, Gemini would know and she could do a simple test to see where the young one came from or if her parents are in town or even from abroad". As they ate, the young girl let out a small burp that resulted in a quick flame appearing. Shou and Eve saw this and where shocked for a moment as Stara clapped while her face was full of potatoes.
"Yes, let's definitely get Gemini in on this". Eve chuckled a bit as everyone went back to eating like nothing had happened. Eve slipped a sliver of abalone onto Shou's plate while she reached across the table for the plate of chicken. The fish was especially good tonight as it was almost gone. Eve gave the young girl the last slice of it before taking some more roast. It wasn't long before the food was all eaten up and desert would be served in the form a large cake.
Both Shou and Eve agreed she would take her to see Gemini. Shou looked at Eve and laughed as she saw her slip a piece of abalone onto her plate. She knew Shou hated fish, it was something Stara seemed to enjoy however. Shou held her breath and ate it anyway, shuttering at the end from trying to eat it. Shou quickly served out the cake, taking large bites to get the taste of fish out of her mouth. It seemed to work well. Autumn grabbed at the cake with her hands before Shou handed her a fork, trying to kick the habit of using her hands.

"Come on Autumn, its better this way." Shou encouraged. Autumn ears lowered as she looked at her mother, reluctant to even attempt to use a fork. Autumn eventually complied and began to use a fork. Autumns ears eventually perked again, tail eventually wagging as she enjoyed her dessert.

"Raine is back, can we open presents?" Autumn stood up, looking directly at Eve and Shou for permission.

Business Tycoon

13,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
Everyone ate the cake up, only Stara and the young girl ate it with their hands. Stara had milk and cake all over her face much like the other child. Eve and Shou cleaned both the girls up and knew that bath time would be soon. When Autumn stood up, and asked about gifts, Eve agreed. They would all meet in the living room where the fire was still going, provided by some special wood that took forever to burn. The family sat down and began to gather around the large pine tree decorated with lights and lovely glass ornaments. Gifts where passed out, all wrapped up and had names on them but the young girl didn't have any gifts since she had arrived after the gifts were purchased. Eve caught this though and brought home some special gifts for her but had to wrap them up in some crude paper since it was last minute. She wasn't sure what the child would like so she got her some random items that she might like.

Eve and Shou exchanged gifts, Shou finding a brand new hoodie that she had seen at Mira's shop not to long ago. Even though it was brand new, she still kept her old one which Cerrera had patched up for her so both were dear to her heart. Shou also got some new gloves that were fingerless and made from a really sturdy material. They even had some metal plates on the back of the palms. Raine found herself with some new belts and a new coat, Autumn got some training equipment like her mothers, some books and a nice headband. Stara got toys of course, a new plush and some new clothing for winter and spring. Eve handed the presents for the other little one to Shou to pass to her.
Shou loved the hoodie that Eve had given her. Her old one was indeed sentimental but it was getting worn out, so Shou would switch between the two to make them last longer. She put on her new gloves which felt like they could handle the punches she could throw. She kissed Eve to thank her and gave her a soft loving head-bonk on the side of Eves head. Shou held up two presents for Eve to unwrap, placing them into her lap for her to open. Eve opened her gifts, one of them being a long coat to keep her warm this winter. Shou had remembered Eve wanting a new coat and this one was right in line with her taste. The second gift was a bracelet with different meteorite metals and gems that she had found on her trips across Darkwood. She had found a jeweler who helped by creating a chain to hold them in. Shou took the gifts from Eves hands and thanked her for helping out with last minute gift ideas for the small girl. She did not seem to know what was going on and why they were opening gifts.... was this her first time? Shou had also managed to get her one small last minute gift as well. She tore open her gifts, small toys for her to enjoy while staying with the two.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff