Welcome to Gaia! ::

To keep the thread moving, you have 48 hours to reply to the posting order if it's your turn, or if you have a partner waiting on you.

If you do not post, the next person is free to continue along! 0.29411764705882 29.4% [ 5 ]
Please alert rpers in OOC thread if you will be absent for a few days. 0.058823529411765 5.9% [ 1 ]
Thank you kindly! <3 0.64705882352941 64.7% [ 11 ]
Total Votes:[ 17 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 399 400 401 > >> >>> »|

Dapper Seeker

Relief flooded through Key as she watched Bay from across the table. So it hadn't been anything she herself had said to upset him. But...something did. She just couldn't pinpoint what. Instead of allowing herself to wander on the idea she decided to focus on the present and finding what he needed. After all, that had been his request.

"Don't make me yet!" She teased. "Mr. Raske and I haven't yet set out. I assure you that I'll do everything in my power to get them back though. Was there anything else important I need to know about?"

If there was a time it was now to find anything else about Soul. Bay had been so tight lipped about the situation previously she hoped she could get just a little more from him now.

Timid Genius

2,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
"Nothing really. They hate magic, so the fact both Bob and the book are still around there surprises me." Bayvin said unknowingly letting Bob's name slip. He wanted to tell her about everything but he couldn't bring himself to do it. She was also not doing anything wrong so there was no reason for the High Council to stop her, thought it didn't stop them from dropping in and tell her everything. If that happened Bayvin figured she would come back empty handed and kick him out of the cafe. He was so old now that it wouldn't surprise him. Usually once he got comfortable in a place his past got found or leaked and he was sent packing. No one wanted a monster living in there midst.

Dapper Seeker

(Evening, all!^^)

The day had been a long one, what with making the final preparations for the journey to Soul. Copperkey had taken many hours pouring over the local and regional maps of the great continent, the candles in the study spent long before the magician would be. And finally came the time that the lady was waiting for, she'd found the thread connected to the items Bay had spoken of. Oh, how her heart had flown with such joy! With a renewed sense of adventures playing on her heartbeat the lass finished packing and headed downstairs with her things.

"I best let everyone know I'm off. I do hope Mr Raske has assured everyone at the docks he'd be back in a week's time or so. I'm not sure how long this will take if the items are being protected..."

Albie had been another matter Copperkey had put the utmost attention into. She needed to assure his safe passage on their journey, in regard to whatever happened. Many of the items filling her pack were for him, really. The young lady rounded one of the tables and set her things down, moving over to the spot on the wall right next to the entry door.

Timid Genius

2,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
Bayvin sat on his bed in his room in complete silence, suddenly filled with paralyzing dread. Images of Ms. Copperkey and Albie hurt or worse filled his mind. If they got hurt in any way on the mission to find his own objects he could never forgive himself. "Two more souls." Bayvin mouthed. His culture believed that when they died they had to carry all the souls they wronged through thier lives over a large mountain. Only then could they find forgiveness, salvation, and peace. Bayvin had lost track of how many souls awaited him, but he knew that he didn't want to add Ms. Copperkey and Albie to the list. Stormy meowed, scratching at his door, wanting his morning coffee and Bayvin ignored him, unable to move, deep in dread and thought.

Dapper Seeker

The young lady pressed her fingers down on one particular spot on the parlor wall and out the piece did pop. As if on hinges, it swayed back and forth with little care to natural gravity and Copperkey's gaze peeked within. Her hand pushed forth into the darkness and withdrew a simple, black parasol. She shook the dust off its lace sides and smirked. This would prove itself useful if they ran into trouble, for that she was certain! Walking to her pack the parasol gently tapped her shoulder as she looked up to the second floor.

"I do hope I haven't forgotten anything of too much importance. I'll give Mr. Raske another minute or two before we head on our way. "

(I was kinda hoping I would have the real Albie present for the journey, or at least the beginning of it, but no worries^^)

Timid Genius

2,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
Bayvin finally got his strength and breathed shallowly before standing up and opening the door to the cat. Stormy immediately ran off down the stairs towards the kitchen. He shut the door again, got dressed for the day, and followed Stormy downstairs. He then found Arro in her study holding a black parasol. Before he knew knew what he was doing he was hugging Arro's small figure. He wanted to tell her to be safe and all that he had said before, instead he pulled away and said. "I'm sorry."

Dapper Seeker

Copperkey had heard the familiar click of the doorframe as someone entered the study and when she turned around, to her delight, Bay had arrived. Oh, such news she had for him! The young lady brought her hands together in a mighty clap, her brow furrowed and her lips parted in a triumphant grin. But all that vanished when she saw how her friend presented himself. The lass frowned, she stepped forward and, about to speak, inadvertently received the gentleman's hug. Her eyes grew wide for only a moment. Had something terrible happened? Was he okay? Was he leaving? Questions spilled in her head.

"Bay, is everything..." She began to wrap her own arms around him when he stepped back and issued an apology. Her head tilted as it did when something normally caught her attention, but this time her expression was filled with worry. "Um, you don't have to apologize if you needed a hug..."

Timid Genius

2,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
Bayvin couldn't help but laugh. He could see from past experiences everything that could happen, from her coming back empty handed, to her not coming back at all. She had not lived as long as he had, she was completely hopeful and oblivious. "So." Bayvin said with feigned joy. " Are you excited for your trip?" His acting, smile and all, were flawless.

Dapper Seeker

Copperkey had grown used to Bay's exchanges, but they were becoming more perplexing by the day. It took a moment for the young lady to take the subject change. She wanted to make sure her friend was alright...and he, apparently, didn't want to speak of the matter. She glanced at the ground a moment, her frown quite persistent on those copper hued lips. Finally, when she looked back up, she was half-smiling. Her fingers intertwined with one another and she shifted her weight to her left foot.

"Yes, and I have good news for you!" She nodded. "I found their location! I shouldn't be too difficult to track them down, now!"

Timid Genius

2,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
Bayvin couldn't help but smile but kept most of his emotions in check. "So you are going to retrieve them then?" He asked figuring she was going to meet Albie at his house. "Would you like some coffee or tea before the journey?" He could hear Stormy meowing from the kitchen, getting impatient over the lack of delicious caffeinated beverages.
Albie stumbled in the door, a little out of breath. "Sorry! Sorry! Ah hud tae tie everythi up and try tae get some paperwork done ahead oaf time before ah left and-" He was already out of the room again and five minutes, later, he returned from his own room with a pack from which one sleeve hung out the side, "Okay, ah'm ready now. Everythin alright?"

Dapper Seeker

"Maybe one more cup of peppermint tea would prove well...I must admit...I am getting a few butterflies in my stomach." She nodded. "And perhaps some coffee for the road? That way we'll have plenty to drink if Soul is cold."

Seeing the contrast from when Bay had first walked in put some relief into Copperkey's words. It was true, she was still worried for him...but at least he seemed to be coping with whatever was on his mind. Then the lass heard the front door open wide and she moved to poke her head out of the study. There was Albie! He had perfect timing.

"Everything's fine. You're right on time! Bay's going to make us something to drink before we go. To calm our nerves. You look like you might need it!" She chuckled.

Timid Genius

2,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
Bayvin nodded and patted Albie on the shoulder before heading to the kitchen. He put on two different pots to boil and after a few minutes made a small cup of tea, just had Arro liked it, a cup of coffee for the cat, and a HUGE thermos of coffee for the road. Bayvin returned, scratches through his glove from the impatient , annoyed cat, with two cups, and the thermos. He handed one cup to Arro and one to Albie. "Don't be nervous. Have faith in yourself." Bayvin said with a smile.
(( Aw poop, I keep getting to optimistic about time and energy. (v._.)v I'm sorry, I think I might just have to leave even though I just got here. Bye! ))

Dapper Seeker

(It's really no problem, you do what you need to do to keep yourself healthy and happy! Goodnight and don't worry, we'll still be here when you return whenever you can!^^)

Copperkey was more than thankful for the tea and it took her no time at all to begin chugging the delightful beverage. She watched Albie take his cup, but her attention kept swinging back to Bay. How was he doing now? Seeing the cuts on his gloves she grimaced in pity. Stormy...really did enjoy his coffee, now didn't he? She sat down at the table and watched as Albie did the same. Then she gestured to Bay to follow suit. Before the journey began she needed to talk to them both.

"I need to clear just a few things up before we get going. Because we all know...this is going to be fun, but more than likely just a little bit...dangerous."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff