Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'm aware that there's two 'versions' of FMA, there's the original then there's FMA: Brotherhood. I was told to watch Brotherhood as it's better, but then I was told to watch both. I'd rather not watch both, but if I have to I guess I will. >.<

In your opinion, which one should I watch? The first, Brotherhood, or both? Thanks. ^-^
honestly i don't think it matters that much but the first handful of episodes in the '03 anime does have more about Ed and Al before everything got going, like before he became a State Alchemist and such. so a lot of people suggest watching at least the first few of those but i think it's up to you which one should be seen first

Friendly Friend

5,550 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Honestly in my opinion both anime to FMA are really good!
I suggest you should watch both, the first Anime to FMA has alot of backstory about Ed and Al, and Brotherhood follows the manga really closely, so you're not missing out, there's alot to like and love about both!
I have watched both anime to FMA and I am really pleased with the results that came from them! cat_biggrin
I hope this helps! cat_3nodding
angelholybell
I suggest you should watch both, the first Anime to FMA has alot of backstory about Ed and Al, and Brotherhood follows the manga really closely, so you're not missing out, there's alot to like and love about both!
I have watched both anime to FMA and I am really pleased with the results that came from them! cat_biggrin

Thank you for your help! ^-^ I'll watch both of them~
StrayKit
honestly i don't think it matters that much but the first handful of episodes in the '03 anime does have more about Ed and Al before everything got going, like before he became a State Alchemist and such. so a lot of people suggest watching at least the first few of those but i think it's up to you which one should be seen first

Thanks for the info, I decided to watch both all the way through ^-^!

3,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Gaian 50
The first series is a lot of filler and it introduces Yoki.
Yoki's arc in brotherhood isn't covered.

I'd say, watch 'some' of the first series and ALL of Brotherhood.

Ep. 4 "A Forger's Love"

Ep. 5 "The Man with the Mechanical Arm"

Ep. 9 "Be Thou for the People" (The one with Yoki)

Ep. 10 "The Phantom Thief" (Only because Ed get's 'boob' in that episode, lol)

Ep. 11&12 "Other Brother's Elric" Part one and two.

Ep. 13 "Fullmetal vs. Flame"

Ep. 28 "All is One, One is All" Was done in Brotherhood, but both versions are fun to watch.

Ep. 37 "The Flame Alchemist, The Bachelor Lieutenant & The Mystery of Warehouse 13" (the only episode without Ed or Al in it.)

I think that's all you really need to see from the first one, then you should watch Brotherhood from start to finish. 3nodding

6,650 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Personally, i like The first one better, but if ihad to choose i'd say you should watch because in the first anime because the characters have more of a background, including the homuculi, but if you want more action, watch brotherhood biggrin mrgreen

Friendly Friend

5,550 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Lonerchan
angelholybell

Thank you for your help! ^-^ I'll watch both of them~

You're welcome! cat_3nodding
Starla Q

Ep. 4 "A Forger's Love"

Ep. 28 "All is One, One is All" Was done in Brotherhood, but both versions are fun to watch.

Ep. 37 "The Flame Alchemist, The Bachelor Lieutenant & The Mystery of Warehouse 13" (the only episode without Ed or Al in it.)

I think that's all you really need to see from the first one, then you should watch Brotherhood from start to finish. 3nodding

Ooh, so much detail. o_o thanks a lot :3

Questionable Borg

I would start with the original

3,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Gaian 50
Lonerchan
Starla Q

Ep. 4 "A Forger's Love"

Ooh, so much detail. o_o thanks a lot :3

I've been watching it since it came out, I'm quite the FMA fan. ^^

The plot of the first series is so full of holes, those are really the only saving graces it has that the second series didn't re'do.

Happy FAM'ing. heart
Actually, it's probably better to just read the manga first. Honestly, neither anime was quite as good. But if you'd really rather watch the anime, may as well watch the original. Brotherhood wasn't better, original was. Brotherhood just followed the plot a little...yeah...better...
Lonerchan
StrayKit

Thanks for the info, I decided to watch both all the way through ^-^!

well i would hope anyone who starts one will finish it, but i'm glad it helped a little ^_^

3,975 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Watch the first one. It's really good and the ending is perfect ~♥

DanieIle's Husbando

Sparkly Fatcat

19,100 Points
  • Thread Flip 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Honestly, I haven't watched either one of them. But I do agree, read the manga before you watch. It's always good to see what the orginal work looks like(which is in the manga in this case), then look at the derived works (FMA and FMA:B animes). Because in my opinion, it's the author's story, and the only one who would leave less plot holes and such and add less fillers would be the original work. Anime companies don't always present correctly what the author wanted to say. Thus, good to know the original plot, then see how the anime makers views the story. C:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff