Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shapeshifter

i actually really liked how the first anime ended complete with the movie. but i also really like fiction taking place from 1914-1945. i thought it was really awesome that they had them show up in Depression era Germany before the Nazi's came to power. the whole parallel universe thing was also something i liked about the first anime.

i found the manga ended on too happy of a note. there were definitely parts of the manga/brotherhood that i liked better than the first anime or wish had been included in it (Armstrong's sister was hilarious), but overall i still like the first anime better.

the first anime ended sort of bitter sweet, which i feel fit the rest of the show much better than the happy ending of the manga.

4,925 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
I honestly liked Brotherhood. Just the part I did not like was how they dragged out Maes Hughes death crying Brother hood was alot funnier I thought

Witty Shapeshifter

9,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Tycoon 200
Wishing Star of Hope
I honestly liked Brotherhood. Just the part I did not like was how they dragged out Maes Hughes death crying Brother hood was alot funnier I thought

My complaint with brotherhood was that they crammed 25 episodes of the first series into 10. Hughes was my absolute favorite character, and you get to love him through the first series, but not so much with the second. Granted, I like the ending of the second so much more than the first. It was cleaner, and made more sense to me.
I have to agree, the ending to the original series was pretty friggin' lame. I still liked it more than Brotherhood, though. I don't know why; the characters seemed more relatable in the original.

Dapper Lunatic

kiarados
Wishing Star of Hope

My complaint with brotherhood was that they crammed 25 episodes of the first series into 10. Hughes was my absolute favorite character, and you get to love him through the first series, but not so much with the second. Granted, I like the ending of the second so much more than the first. It was cleaner, and made more sense to me.

Definitely agree with you on the Hughes thing - he's my favorite character, too. whee And yeah, Brotherhood followed the manga storyline almost precisely, and yet it still managed to mess some things up by over-rushing the first episodes. They left out the coalmine story and had to awkwardly introduce Yoki later...that bothered me for some reason.

But I dunno. The manga will always be my favorite anyhow. As a story, I like Brotherhood better, but I thought the first anime was better paced and at least original enough to be interesting. I want to watch it again, actually...
temple_of_alkahestry
kiarados
Wishing Star of Hope

Definitely agree with you on the Hughes thing - he's my favorite character, too. whee And yeah, Brotherhood followed the manga storyline almost precisely, and yet it still managed to mess some things up by over-rushing the first episodes. They left out the coalmine story and had to awkwardly introduce Yoki later...that bothered me for some reason.

But I dunno. The manga will always be my favorite anyhow. As a story, I like Brotherhood better, but I thought the first anime was better paced and at least original enough to be interesting. I want to watch it again, actually...
When i watched the original fullmetal it was pretty badass but now that i watched Brotherhood its like a repeat of The original one they made. except with a few Parts added. But i think The MAnga will always be better. its like saying The Book Is Always Better Than The Movie if you catch my drift-
Agreed. The end of Brotherhood was a total shitfest. The ending of the original was ridiculous, but at least the characters didn't turn to ridiculous piles of happy schmoop in that one. Series 1 Ed will always be my favorite.

Zimochka's Bestie

Invisible Faun

Ugh, watching Brotherhood is only slightly less grating than watching that shitfest of a movie they spewed out to give a "happy ending" to the first series, though I still end up with a migraine after watching both.

I liked the first anime's ending as a bittersweet cliff-hanger. It was like life; not all the loose ends are tied up, but that's just how it is. The Conqueror of Shama-llama was a waste of effort and time.
I really liked the end of the FMA manga. I haven't seen how well they did it in the anime yet.

4,925 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
kiarados
Wishing Star of Hope

Yeah your right. I loved him so much!!!!!! I like when Ed confesses his love to Winry!!!!!!

Hallowed Pumpkin

I agree... it was the worst way an anime could choose to end gonk

Sparkly Hunter

8,400 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Forum Regular 100
STORYING
honestly they rushed it a little. brotherhood was boring really i liked the other version. im currently watching another anime. : gurren laggen

if thats your opinion then..ok
for me, my experience of watching it, it was one of the best storyline ever. If i would rank it:
1.bleach
2.FMA
3.Fairy Tail and Naruto
4.Gurren Laggen
5. -----empty-----

Sparkly Hunter

8,400 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Forum Regular 100
STORYING
honestly they rushed it a little. brotherhood was boring really i liked the other version. im currently watching another anime. : gurren laggen

if thats your opinion then..ok
for me, my experience of watching it, it was one of the best storyline ever. If i would rank it:
1. (i dont know XD)
2.FMA
3.Fairy Tail and Naruto
4.Gurren Laggen
5. bleach

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items