Welcome to Gaia! ::

Unbeatable Hunter

7,200 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
The human in question dies...and a NEW immortal being is born. In that case why would anyone WANT to be a homunculus? Characters like Ling are never coming back. I guess that's why Ed and Al couldn't bring back their mother. The person will never be the same...

Newbie Hunter

The only thing appealing about being a homunculus is probably the supernatural strength and abilities. Who wouldn't want that? There are way more downsides to it though. I wouldn't really want to be an incarnation of one single deadly sin... talk about lack of personality.

Unbeatable Hunter

7,200 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
jaysuss
The only thing appealing about being a homunculus is probably the supernatural strength and abilities. Who wouldn't want that? There are way more downsides to it though. I wouldn't really want to be an incarnation of one single deadly sin... talk about lack of personality.

And it wouldn't be YOU getting all of that power either. After seeing what happened to Ling, I was like "Damn...I don't think THAT is really what he wanted."
Although a homunculous isn't necessarilly immortal they still are far more resilient than normal humans. If you have a large enough philosophers stone you will be able to atain an immence amount of power, which is what father did. Sure you can still die but it takes much much more.

Newbie Hunter

HikariV
jaysuss

And it wouldn't be YOU getting all of that power either. After seeing what happened to Ling, I was like "Damn...I don't think THAT is really what he wanted."

Yeah, you would just become a shell of who you used to be, with a new agenda based around what you just so happen to get as your new persona. Ling was only able to relatively control himself because he became a homunculus while he was still alive... I don't think everyone would be that lucky.
it's not immortality, no, they can still be killed. takes a while, and a lot, before they die and stay dead, but still. if anything it's closer to longevity in any variation of the show
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

No. Becoming a homunculus doesn't mean immortality. But all Ling saw was the homunculi's regenerative powers, and the fact that there was no actual flow of qi within them. He's no alchemist, so he couldn't have known about what being a homunculus really meant. No one really knew, actually.

And Ed and Al couldn't bring back their mother because human transmutation is impossible. Once a person dies, you can't bring them back. Death is permanent.

Obsessive Consumer

It's as close as it gets to immortality in the FMA world. Wouldn't be too surprised if people grabbed at it.
This sounds a bit like people are confusing homunculi in the first anime and Brotherhood. In the first anime, when Human Transmutation was attempted, someone else was born. Someone who looked like a monster from a horror film. When that person was fed Red Stones, which contained the souls of various people sealed in them by alchemy, that person came to look like the person who the alchemist wanted to bring back, and that person had some of the memories of the original person they had been modelled on, but they still weren't necessarily the same person.

In Brotherhood, only Father, originally the Dwarf in the Flask, created any homunculi, although Greed claimed that he could tell Ed how to do it. Lust stated, during her confrontation with Mustang, that as a homunculus, she basically was the same as a human, except for her regenerative abilities, her particular power, and her longevity. And since they contained Philosopher's Stones with the souls of several Xerxians inside them, you could even say that they had souls, of a sort. They certainly had personalities and quirks.

Just seems like an important difference to me.

Timid Lunatic

HikariV
The human in question dies...and a NEW immortal being is born. In that case why would anyone WANT to be a homunculus? Characters like Ling are never coming back. I guess that's why Ed and Al couldn't bring back their mother. The person will never be the same...

Normally, i'd write my opinion on what you said. But, i got to say. Nice avi D:
Ok, that and i'm too lazy to type my response. cat_mrgreen

Unbeatable Hunter

7,200 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Somone nerdy
HikariV

Thanks! And nice name, my notifications said I was 'quoted by someone nerdy...', lol!

Dapper Genius

1,850 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
User Image
User Image
THE ANSWER IS POWER AND LONG LIFE

Timid Lunatic

HikariV
Somone nerdy
HikariV

Thanks! And nice name, my notifications said I was 'quoted by someone nerdy...', lol!

Omg, i never even thought about that D: i feel AMAZING. Thank you cat_lol
i'd still be willing to become a homunculus. even if it's not the real me i'd still be able to see what was oing on like ling could. twisted

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff