Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Gaian

Hello~ I had a few questions about FMA brotherhood, I watched the first FMA as a kid and just finished re watching it along with the movie, now I moved onto brotherhood and I've never watched it before, I'm so lost why is Al back in the armor and why are they back in their world that's not where the movie left off...can anyone explain?
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

The first anime and movie was a completely different storyline than the original storyline of the manga. Brotherhood is starting over again completely- only staying true to the manga this time.

Omnipresent Loiterer

5,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
AeroKnu
Hello~ I had a few questions about FMA brotherhood, I watched the first FMA as a kid and just finished re watching it along with the movie, now I moved onto brotherhood and I've never watched it before, I'm so lost why is Al back in the armor and why are they back in their world that's not where the movie left off...can anyone explain?

Allow me to shed light on your evident confusion;

During the creation of the Fullmetal Alchemist anime, the one you watched, the manga was not yet complete, as such Hiromu Arikawa (the writer of the manga) gave the creators of the anime creative freedom to take the story wherever they pleased, Brotherhood is the anime of the manga as it was complete, this means that for some of the first episodes they are re-treading ground from the previous anime, but (if you read the manga) follow more closely in parallel, so to clarify, Brotherhood is not a sequel to the original Fullmetal Alchemist anime, the American translators (for whatever reason) decided that they could not air the show as "Fullmetal Alchemist" so they added "Brotherhood" to the title so people would more easily be able to differentiate it from its predecessor.

I'll say again, Brotherhood is not a sequel to the first Fullmetal Alchemist.

Fashionable Gaian

Ohh okay I understand now c: thank you both!
It's not a continuation of the last anime, it's a new anime that follows the original manga.

Quotable Genius

6,150 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100
Brotherhood is not the story being continued. Fullmetal Alchemist was the series that was made for the viewers. The manga could not keep up and so they just continued on their own. That's how the original series was made. Brotherhood followed the manga. That's the difference.

Desirable Businesswoman

I love FMA!

Profitable Gaian

8,600 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Conversationalist 100
izabellavaly
I love FMA!

That doesn't contribute to the thread!

Anyway, like many said, it's just following the manga
PS3_michael_521
AeroKnu

Allow me to shed light on your evident confusion;

During the creation of the Fullmetal Alchemist anime, the one you watched, the manga was not yet complete, as such Hiromu Arikawa (the writer of the manga) gave the creators of the anime creative freedom to take the story wherever they pleased, Brotherhood is the anime of the manga as it was complete, this means that for some of the first episodes they are re-treading ground from the previous anime, but (if you read the manga) follow more closely in parallel, so to clarify, Brotherhood is not a sequel to the original Fullmetal Alchemist anime, the American translators (for whatever reason) decided that they could not air the show as "Fullmetal Alchemist" so they added "Brotherhood" to the title so people would more easily be able to differentiate it from its predecessor.

I'll say again, Brotherhood is not a sequel to the first Fullmetal Alchemist.

So clever! smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces