Total Votes:[ 10 ]
This poll closed on July 31, 2013.
No longer accepting new votes.
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 4285 4286 4287 > >> >>> »|

Popular Fairy

_
biggrin biggrin biggrin Zuu York biggrin biggrin biggrin

Welcome to your next favorite thread!

Hello, my name is Zuu and I’m the creator of this thread. Ill keep things in order here and make sure everyone has fun!

This is a place to chat and make friends.
Be as random as you want, as long as you follow the rules. We're happy to take as many members as we can to our little family.

If you don't want to read all of the first page, its not a problem. Just try to at least read THE RULES and THE HOTBOX. Thank you! = w=b

heart This thread is co-hosted by me and my best friend, Pluzzle heart

User ImageUser Image
Zuu Yhtna__________________Pluz IV

- Index -
- Updates -
- Thread Rules -
- Events and Giveaways -
- Hall Of Fame -
- Banners and Affiliates -
- Previous Updates -
- About Us -
- Apply to be a Moderator -
- The Award Hall -

Hotbox

The release event of the Thinker badge is over, but you can still win the Thinker Badge by suggesting any event you wish. biggrin

A new event will be coming to Zuu York soon, stay tuned 3nodding

There's an announcement on page 4016 targeted towards Zuu York's regulars back when this place was full of people. If you're one of my dear old friends, please take a look at it when you have the time.
You're free to take a look at it even if you're not -w-

- Index - Updates - Thread Rules - Events and Giveaways - Hall of Fame - Banners and Affiliates - About Us - Apply to be a Moderator - Award Hall -

_

Popular Fairy

_
- Updates -

*27/07/2013* First steps towards having events at Zuu York once again! 3nodding
*26/06/2013* So long college, hello summer vacation! Let us celebrate! biggrin
*17/06/2013* Physical Chemistry, kiss my big booty bye bye, cause you're PASSED! heart
*03/06/2013* I think I passed calculus, at long long last! biggrin

- Index - Updates - Thread Rules - Events and Giveaways - Hall Of Fame - Banners and Affiliates - About Us - Apply to be a Moderator - Award Hall -

_

Popular Fairy

_
- Thread Rules -

scream - Follow Gaia's ToS, obviously;

scream - Do not quote the first post, or any of the posts mentioned at the bottom of the first one;

scream - Keep quoting to a minimum, you are allowed to quote, there is nothing wrong about that, but try to quote as little as possible;

scream - Do not bump unless you are alone, there is no reason to bump if there is perfectly good company to chat right by your side;

scream - Keep conversations as clean as possible, don't fight or post anything with sexual content, its nasty, get a room;

scream - Don't advertise, if you want to, PM me to put your banner or ad in the 'Banners' section. If the ad is in your sig, it's ok.

scream - Don't beg. Although I encourage people to give to each other and be generous, I won't tolerate people coming here sobbing for gold or items;

scream - BE NICE TO EACH OTHER, I can't stress this enough, don't be mean to other Gaians, chat, be nice and don't bother people;

scream - Try to be literate please, this isn't a chat room, so you have all the time you need to type in what you want to say. No "shakespearing" required, just try to use punctuation conveniently and cut back on the abbreviations. This doesn't mean abbreviations are prohibited;

scream - Don't bring drama to the thread. It's ok if you just vent a little about a bad day you happened to have, but don't do it daily nor spend your time here complaining. If you need help, or someone to talk to, you're more than welcome to PM me, and I'll gladly listen.

scream - These rules may be changed when I see fit, I might have forgotten a rule, and I'm free to change the rules when I please;

If I or any mod spot anyone breaking these rules you'll get in serious trouble, if you break one accidentally, its okay, everyone makes mistakes, but if you persist on breaking them, you will be reported to the staff and your posts will be deleted.

- Index - Updates - Thread Rules - Events and Giveaways - Hall of Fame - Banners and Affiliates - About Us - Apply to be a Moderator - Award Hall -

_

Popular Fairy

_
- Events and Giveaways -

Here it is everyone: The Thinker Badge!

User Image
Thinker Badge: Can't talk now-- thinking.

Getting it requires, you guessed it, thinking! Zuu Yorkers are awarded with this badge every time they submit a good idea for a contest.

To enter, send me a PM labeled "Thinker" and a description of your idea. Later you'll receive a reply with your entry's score.

The ideas will be weighed according to the following criteria:

0/10 - Feasibility of the suggestion (if it's doable or not, how easy it is to make sure someone won, etc);
0/10 - Fun (is it a fun event that everyone will enjoy? Does it envolve tiresome grinding? etc);
0/10 - Creativity (imaginitive ideas are rewarded with extra points);
0/30 - Total Score (sum of the points won in each criteria);

exclaim Rules exclaim

Submiting
arrow You may submit as much ideas as you wish, each will count as a separate entry.
arrow Only entries sent via PM are considered valid.
arrow You are allowed to suggest events based off websites and tools outside of GaiaOnline but only if they require no download or account to use.

Winning
arrow You win if you reach ~25 points. After you win, your suggestion will become public and everyone will be able to make suggestions about it. Even if the event ends up changing completely, you still won the badge. The people that helped change it after that won't get the badge.
arrow If I get the exact same suggestion from two people, and if that suggestion is picked as a winner, a random number generator will be the tie breaker.

Do you like the thread? Of course you do.
Do you want a badge? Do you want to help the thread grow?
What if I tell you there's a way you can get a badge, WHILE helping the thread out?

Say hello to the PR badge:

User Image
PR Badge: Hello!

The PR badge is a easy-to-get award given to anyone who carries around our official banner for 7 days in their signature.

User Image

All you have to do is copy/paste the following code into your sig:

Large code banner - visible by everyone
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/friends-chat/zuu-york-fear-the-void/t.44228041_1/][img]http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg119/Zuyu/picasioncom_b0ca29323e9a168a815c51a4e247a611.gif[/img][/url]

Shortened code banner - visible only by Gaians with some safety features off
[url=http://tinyurl.com/ZuuYork][img]http://tinyurl.com/ZuuBanner[/img][/url]

While it's prefered you use the large code, either one is fine.

Here's how you win it:

(1) question Everyday you must PM me, or a mod, with the tag "Public Relations Badge", and enabling your signature to show.
(2) exclaim On the seventh day, you'll be granted with the badge!
(3) blaugh After that you're free to remove it, since you won't lose the badge if you do.

_

Popular Fairy

_
- Hall Of Fame -

User Image The special spot where we keep our regulars, both present and past ones, to honor their tribute to the life of the thread. User Image

heart steamyhottwaffle heart
For offering to be mod (first one) and for being a super girl!
heart Miss-Lucy-Steamboat heart
For being my first, and my favorite, stalker! xD
heart Dark Necronus heart
For being a super guy and always helping out in the thread.
heart Hunter00go heart
For being a mod, a friend and for being him, which is already awesome in its own way. XD
heart Pluz IV heart
For being my ultimate companion IRL and for joining me here as a Gaian too. :3
heart RowdySuicide heart
Because she made me love her presence enough to earn her a spot here xD and because she's a awesome reg!
heart Onikitsu heart
For always being cheery and fun ^^ and for being our little artist ;3
heart Requiem Promise heart
For being one of our regs, for doodling, and for being a good friend. <3
heart you are my disease heart
For having an amazing personality and for being my sixth mod!
heart Yuki Utahime heart
For posting up a storm every day she's online! And holding the record for most Void expulsions! xD
heart Alec FTW heart
For being a super fun guy and helping keeping the thread alive and merry!
heart Sadient heart
For being a great girl and making us all miss her very much <3 I hope you're doing well.
heart Klaus Stein heart
For showing great loyalty to both the thread, the threadlings and the host. -bows-

gonk The Void gonk

The only reg we'd like too keep away, but always manages to crawl back in!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
He has been banned from the thread for many, many reasons.
Please kick him out if you manage to catch a glimpse of him around.

Do NOT feed him cookies.
For more info about the Void, read - Our Epic Story -

- Index - Updates - Thread Rules - Events and Giveaways - Hall Of Fame - Banners and Affiliates - About Us - Apply to be a Moderator - Award Hall -

_

Popular Fairy

_
- Banners and Affiliates -

Banners

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Note: If you want to carry any of these on your sig and need help with it, feel free to PM me.

Affiliates

Be sure to visit our friends!

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

_

Popular Fairy

_
-About Us -

User Image

This thread, formally known as the Y.A.C. is more than a year old, and it's been kept alive much thanks to my mods.

A long time ago, I decided I wanted to reach out to the Gaia community with something fun, and wanted to make new friends while I did it. So I created a Avatar Contest thread at the Chatterbox.

It was one of the best decisions I have ever done! I had so much fun, heck, everyone did! The problem was that, since I live in a different timezone, I could only be online with my buddies during late nights on my time, which were afternoon-ish on theirs -- of course I couldn't do this everyday, I have school to go to in the morning.

Many times the thread withered and died a little, but someone always came in to give it some love and defib. And I decided I loved the thread and the friends I have made here way too much to let it die.

So ok, I don't have enough time to update a Avatar Contest thread, the contests were closed for some time now and all we did was come inside to chat amongst ourselves... easy, let's turn it into a hangout thread and completely close the contests, and that's just what we did.

Over 700 1000 4000 pages with no spam at all! (check it out, I dare you xD) All bonding. <3
So come and post, I'm sure we'll love to have you here ^-^

As of some time ago, I decided to make small events, to spice up the things around here. They are very dependent of my free time, which, since I'm in college now, is very limiting. Still, I do my best :3 and I give badges to the winners! You can check those out in the award hall section.

Here's a gallery of the thread's art, doodles we made of each other xD
By me: [x]; [x]; [x]; [x]; [x]; [x]; [x]; [x]; [x]; [x]; [x];
By Hunter: [x]; [x]; [x];
By Oni-chan: [x]; [x]; [x]; [x];
By Requiem: [x]; [x];
By Rowdy: [x]; [x];

If you doodled us and are not posted here, please PM me with your doodle and I'll add you to the gallery! ^-^
(and please, no more "doodle" puns rofl )

_

Popular Fairy

_
- Apply to be a Moderator -

ALL MODERATION IN THIS THREAD IS TEMPORARILLY SUSPENDED.

At the moment myself and Pluz are enough to keep an eye on the place. 3nodding

Being a moderator here is a temporary job. By temporary, I means it expires every six months or so.

If you were a mod before and wish to renew your position, just PM me saying so, and it will be done.

If it's the first time you're applying to become a moderator here at Zuu York you'll need to spend a few days knowing the regs and making friends around here. If you really want to help, then you can PM me about it, and we'll discuss your position.

Keep in mind that I can demote you at any time if I feel you're not fulfilling your duties properly. It has never happened before though, so lets hope it doesn't happen at all. ^^

To sum it up:
Mods that were demoted can be promoted again just by asking;
New applications need to be personally approved by me;
After someone has been approved, they gain a "Moderator" badge, and with it a free pass to return to their mod job whenever they please by request only.

_

Popular Fairy

- The Award Hall -

Shiny badges are given to the winners of our games! The one's with the most badges are featured in this post. 3nodding

Here are the top three badge owners of Zuu York!
To see your badges and everyone else's, please hop by the Award Hall!

The Top Three

No one yet :<

- Index - Updates - Thread Rules - Events and Giveaways - Hall Of Fame - Banners and Affiliates - About Us - Our Epic Story - Award Hall -

Popular Fairy

_
- Previous Updates -

*08/10/2010 - Congratulate Zuu York's newest moderator: you are my disease! heart
    *09/09/2010 - Hollow Melody, you are my disease and Pluz IV got the Bloodlust badge!* biggrin
    *25/08/2010 - The game closed, PluzIII is the winner!* biggrin
    *17/08/2010 - New game open, this is your chance to nab one of the neatest badges ever!* mrgreen
    *08/08/2010 - Zuu York had its first game with no participants at all!* User Image
    *30/07/2010 - Zuu York has a new moderator, PluzIII!* heart
    *30/07/2010 - Forgot to update this for the Sharpshooter contest xD anyway, its over!* xd
    *29/06/2010 - Already hired a template artist for our new first page. We are now living in the Golden Apple baby! (you know, like big apple -> New York, golden apple -> Zuu York cause I like golden stuff... no? Bah = n= I tried.* xd
    *21/06/2010 - Operation Defib is well underway! Sayonara, school!* blaugh
    *06/04/2010 - Added the thread's art gallery to the About us section of the thread.* 3nodding
    *06/04/2010 - The Easter event ended! The winners were Ramble and Rowdy!* biggrin
    *05/04/2010 - Easter event today! Beat me at my evil dice game and receive a pair of easter bunny ears!* 4laugh
    *27/03/2010 - Get ready for your chance to win the VOID badge* rofl
    *27/03/2010 - We concluded the thread's first game <3 And will possibly add a badge section 3nodding
    *21/03/2010 - We lost a mod, Waffles doesn't have enough free time on her hands anymore* Nevermind heart
    *21/03/2010 - Another section added, OUR EPIC STORY! FILLED WITH EPICNESS AND VOID!! User Image
    *21/03/2010 - Small updates on the first page, banners section and white list.* 3nodding
    *14/03/2010 - Two new additions to our whitelist! Yay for awesome people! 8D* heart
    *14/03/2010 - New affiliate! Check the place out, the link is on our banner place.* heart
    *04/03/2010 - Updated our new "About Us" section, as well as broke the record for most updates within an hour* xd ._
    *04/03/2010 - New rule regarding our new Hotbox* scream .
    *04/03/2010 - Added a Hotbox to the thread, its in the first post* exclaim .
    *04/03/2010 - We were moved to the Friends Chat subforum! No more CB spam for us* heart _
    *25/01/2010 - New giveaway! Name us = Get 10k gold! Read all about it below.* mrgreen .
    *25/01/2010 - We are open!* wahmbulance

_
1 I will join...sounds like fun to me!
(Subscribed!)

Popular Fairy

Im going to get dinner, ill be back soon to chat with someone 3nodding

Optimis's Queen

3,050 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Quick Reply