Welcome to Gaia! ::

Devit
Mavdoc
scullylam
we should be in the zomg forum still in my opinion. *disgruntled gaian*

Guin mentioned the same thing. Let's discuss it here. Is there some way to start a new thread there for the Dev Meat without running into this problem again?

What was the problem? I just got back from a 6 month hiatus so i'm pretty uninformed. o:

I'm not very knowledgeable on such forum specifics, so I don't really understand either. xp This news that the original thread was locked was a bolt out of the blue for me. gonk

Angelic Sex Symbol

30,200 Points
  • Married 100
  • Winged 100
  • Generous 100
Mavdoc
scullylam

Guin mentioned the same thing. Let's discuss it here. Is there some way to start a new thread there for the Dev Meat without running into this problem again?

We could stick a post about Dev. Meats into a guide.

I honestly wouldn't mind keeping the end-post of my guide updated for Dev. Meats. wink
Phoenixfire Lune Soleil
Thank you so much for this, Mav. heart
A ray of sunshine on this strange and confusing day.

emotion_hug

This whole thing has been quite a shock. emotion_0A0 Well, you can't keep a good thread down! emotion_yatta

Obsessed Marshall

71,375 Points
  • The Ring: Vol2 Master Collector 250
  • Marshall's Love 500
  • Conventioneer 300
o3o
Thanks for this thread Mav!
cnoisy
I can't believe MLH and the original thread got locked scream
Now the question is raised, how are we going to inform everyone of this threads location? I don't think everyone was friends with Mav, so I don't think they'll all be able to see his new status.

Yup, it's not a perfect solution to just have a notice on my status. sweatdrop Can anyone think of a better way to spread the word, or are we just going to have to rely on good ol' word of mouth? If others would update their status with the move, that would help get the news out too.
scullylam

pretty much, stay on topic of zomg, which i think we were. if we mention marshall, it is zomg related. but i feel that really, it didn't matter what was said in the thread. because it was so many pages and popular, it was picked off. and picked by an omni mod, who isn't suppose to worry about threads. so... i don't know if a new thread can even be there anymore. it gave a look of "oh hey zf being cleaned up" and it hasn't been. the site mod there in zf might not have gone through any reports for months, years. so really, gaia needs to get better mods in certain forums. and if this looks more like a mod "abusing power" well that means talking to hq.

I just went and read the moderators reasoning. He's just doing his job, what he's saying is correct sadly. It's not really official anymore as there are no staff members attending so it's right to think a thread like this couldn't exist there anymore. Just be glad it was only locked and not removed. He wasn't trying to disrespect or come at the community like you are doing to him and moderators on gaia in general. I love zOMG as much as the next guy the community is great but I also love the work the moderators do for gaia. I'd love for zOMG to of got more attention but it didn't and probably won't. This is something we'll just have to deal with, we have a new thread now not much else we could do in my opinion honestly other than spread this thread so everyone knows it's here and continue having fun. ^o^

Mavdoc
I'm not very knowledgeable on such forum specifics, so I don't really understand either. xp This news that the original thread was locked was a bolt out of the blue for me. gonk

Yeah. I came back to find out that a lot of the dev's were laid off. It was really upsetting.. but I do understand the reasoning for the thread being locked after reading his post. Basically the dev meats were looked at as a way for dev's to easier figure out bugs and stuff from the community to improve it. Since the devs are gone it's just a hang out thread which doesn't belong in that forum.

However they could of moved it here so we could of continued the original. But i suppose locking it and keeping it there for memories is better.

Benevolent Codger

Mavdoc
scullylam

I've PM'd the moderator involved in the hopes of getting a better idea as to what his rationale was. With any luck we'll be able to start a dialogue that can get this resolved in a way we'll all feel better about. 3nodding

Personally I feel the thread has a place in the Forum as-is - arranging meet-ups in zOMG! is Forum-acceptable premise, and doing so specifically with former developers (who can offer a unique insight into the history of the game, if nothing else) is especially worthy. Considering that he chose to target two of the most active threads in the Forum (which, as a matter of course, also have the most chatter), I believe he was simply a little over-zealous in his clean-up attempts, and aiming specifically at those threads with which he could have the most impact. Unfortunately, I believe for either of those threads the resulting of that decision will be much more negative than positive, which I don't think is what he was going for... sweatdrop

Lucky Informer

12,100 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Junior 100
Devit
However they could of moved it here so we could of continued the original. But i suppose locking it and keeping it there for memories is better.

I would have preferred it if they had just moved it. The thread is just gonna get knocked off the front page at some point and get lost in the sea of threads. At least if they moved it we could have continued on as if nothing happened. neutral

Perfect Bloodsucker

17,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Threadmaster 200
the zomgaians thread got locked? how is it NOT forum material? it's where we talk about our weekly meat-ups on zOMG! neutral

side-note: that's the same moderator who moved my common sense thread out of the z!F, claiming that it was mostly for the forum itself rather than the game, even though I had multiple posts dedicated to in-game strategy and tips, along with the multiple references I made to etiquette in-game in the majority of the posts.

R.I.P Common Sense emo What a fitting metaphor for Gaia

User Image
Lady Twilight Rahl
I love these go to these!! Thanks for the info! ^_^

Cool-- hope to see you at the next or future meats! biggrin

As a word of warning: our conversations tend to shift to food commonly, thus making us hungry, so don't come on an empty stomach. wink

Lucky Informer

12,100 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Junior 100
Mavdoc
Lady Twilight Rahl

As a word of warning: our conversations tend to shift to food commonly, thus making us hungry, so don't come on an empty stomach. wink

Don't forget about Marshall. We ALWAYS talk about Marshall, so bring a condom wink
RevvRaptor
Feels good to have this back, even if it is in the wrong location.. This is I believe the second case of Moderator excess regarding the z!F in the last few months, I do believe it's time that crap stopped or those responsible be duely dropped.

That bit of ranting aside, we have our z! Dev Meat thread back, and in celebration I've prepared a full-course zOMG-themed buffet..

Marshall Meatballs, Mavdoc Mandarin Chicken, Swarf Souffle, [ JK ] Jerked Kabobs, Mlos Meatloaf, Bronstahd Buffalo Wings, Qixter Quiche, and for everyone else I forgot, here's a giant platter of cheeseburgers with full fixings. Also, for dessert, some Fluff Flambe a la mode.

What a feast! eek Now I'm getting hungry. emotion_omnomnom I haven't had a chance to grab lunch yet. xd

Fashionable Nerd

9,875 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Nerd 50
  • Hygienic 200
cnoisy
I can't believe MLH and the original thread got locked scream
Now the question is raised, how are we going to inform everyone of this threads location? I don't think everyone was friends with Mav, so I don't think they'll all be able to see his new status.

→ Everyone who has him as a friend can post the link in their status'. That way more people will see it.

Jujubellee's Husband

Sexy Hero

27,250 Points
  • ReAnimated 50
  • Generous 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Mavdoc
Lady Twilight Rahl

Hence my page 1 full-course z!-themed Buffet emotion_awesome

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces