Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Codger

Celisasu
and Lucky Star(so far so good).

Lucky Star is now one of my favorite anime. I got a whole bunch of figurines the other day.
Mooo's random news hits you all at once, for a change.

Chrono Trigger is getting a DS port. Square Enix is deciding how to further humiliate PSP fans who swore up and down that they'd be getting more remakes in the future, but I suppose they can still hold out for that FF7 remake (pfffft).

Mega Man 9 is Wii Ware, uses 8-bit graphics, and is not for bitches (i.e. ungodly hard), so all is right in the world. Plus, it's by IntiCreates, who generally do a pretty good job with platformers.

Final Fantasy XIII is no longer a PS3 exclusive, but people in Japan and people who wished they lived in Japan despite being unable to speak the language won't care.

Street Fighter IV is coming along very, very nicely. I hope there's an option to switch between the English and Japanese voices, because I really miss Guile's Engrish. "EAJY OPERESHUN"

God of War 3 was announced at E3, so my usual snarkiness about how it's the most ironically pussyfied action game available, etc. etc. is available at no extra charge.

Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann has been released Stateside in a very boring-looking DVD case. Other than that, it's pretty good. [/gross understatement]

The Day the Earth Stood Still is getting remade with Keanu Reeves as Klaatu. Gort will almost definitely be 100% CGI instead of a guy in a suit.

And in personal news, my folks got a dog to replace me months ago, I didn't get the job I wanted, and I am instead getting promoted at my current job. All these things are good in their own ways.

I'm Nate Mooo, and that's your evening news for tonight.

Codger

I will stand by my psp, remaking The Day The Earth Stood Still is horrifying, and even more so because of Keanu Reeves, and Mega Man 9 I may have to check out assuming I ever have that much time to devote to a platform game of that nature. I was disappointed in all the X series mega man games and always thought they were easier than the mega man series.

So Moo, does this mean you have consistent internet again?

Magical Lunatic

Chrono Trigger: Meh. I love the game but we've already had remakes. Give us a new game damnit!

Megaman 9: Good. I'm a Megaman junkie.

Final Fantasy XIII: Yay! I don't consider it the greatest series of all time but it tends to be fun. I'm glad I don't need to get a PS3 for it. Come on Nippon Ichi! Announce Disgaea 3 as being multiplatform and I'll have no need for a PS3 whatsoever!

Street Fighter IV: Okay. I like Street Fighter but I still consider Alpha 3 to be my favorite.

God of War 3: Not my genre but I did have fun when I played the original GoW.

Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann: I want to see it but I'll wait for the complete box set just like I'm doing for Pumpkin Scissors.

The Day the Earth Stood Still: Doesn't interest me.

On the tentacle overlord side of things I'm just working a lot of hours. People have started going on vacation and as such I'm working more to make up for it. It'll be especially bad in three weeks for a two week period where we'll be really short handed. Right now I'm averaging about 50 hours a week. I full expect to hit 60 hours for the first of those two weeks and maybe 70+ for the second(where we're down two managers the whole week including the head manager and one of the remaining managers needs four days off that week and another needs three days off leaving just two of us....one being me....fully available that week).

While annoying this also means I can buy a lot of stuff that I want but don't really need. I've ordered Mutants&Masterminds from my local hobby store and I'm planning on ordering Heavy Gear Blitz: Locked and Loaded after the two weeks of hell. I'm looking forward to Soul Caliber IV soon(already paid for).

Warhammer 40k 5th Edition looks like a mix of good and bad. And they've made Space Marines better than ever. *Mutters about a squad of gretchin being worth just as much when killed as a squad of Space Marines even though they cost maybe 1/10th as many points*

I've decided that for the most part I like D&D 4th Edition although it definately has some weak links I disapprove of.

And our gecko ripped it's own tail off for some reason that none of us can comprehend.

Aged Codger

Kamina's dub voice is just atrocious.
.... D: I've spoken enough about this news in class and discussed the obvious and potential repercussions to death at this point. I'm all tuckered out. I wish E3 would give us something EXCITING to talk about. The FFXIII move (as well as the Star Ocean move) wasn't so unsurprising given the lackluster sales of the PS3.

I want something that will make the entire gaming community explode.

Also gimme monies. ninja I need About $4k maybe to make GDC next March.

Shameless Lunatic

gdc?

baaaatmaaaaan.

Soooooon.

Ima sneak Heath bars into the theatre. hahhaa.

*brick'd* sweatdrop

Magical Lunatic

Batman is scary. The loonies are coming out of the woodworks!

Magical Lunatic

Moriquendi
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

question
So did Canada name it's coins loonies and toonies on purpose? Some sort of weird sense of humor from a Loony Toons fan?
Celisasu
Moriquendi

question
So did Canada name it's coins loonies and toonies on purpose? Some sort of weird sense of humor from a Loony Toons fan?

From what I remember the term for loonies came about when the one dollar coin was released and everyone noticed the loon on it. Canadians, being the lazy asses that we are, didn't desire the need to constantly refer the one dollar coin as the one dollar coin or one dollar, so we called it the loonie after the loon. When the two dollar coin was announced we just went with it - twoony, toony, toonie, however people spell it (twoonies).

Dracoya> Game Developers Conference.
im bored and trying to make money rofl

Shameless Lunatic

Celi at profile: Yup. Dunno, why. I just never got into the paperdoll thing with these avas. Its very disappointing though that those neat tribal demonish wings have the perspective all ******** up... otherwise I would equip those.

Seriously... wtf were they thinking? The wing thats further away is blatantly larger than the wing thats closer, since our ava's are at a 3/4 angle. You think they could just flip it around so it would suck less. whee

Ok, Im gonna put my new computer (dubbed Chimaera) together now. I got a whole bunch of free s**t off craigslist and am smooshing it all together. Hopefully I have something mildly operational once finished. Though I may end up buying a nicer hard drive. I got a 40g that I dont think work and a 10g that Im pretty sure does... and my current one that isnt even big enough to mention, and then two others that need to be in a museum.

If not, i may be a week or so till I can get one of my more tech savvy friends to help me fix it. hehe.
Erinys
Celisasu
Moriquendi

question

From what I remember the term for loonies came about when the one dollar coin was released and everyone noticed the loon on it. Canadians, being the lazy asses that we are, didn't desire the need to constantly refer the one dollar coin as the one dollar coin or one dollar, so we called it the loonie after the loon. When the two dollar coin was announced we just went with it - twoony, toony, toonie, however people spell it (twoonies).

Dracoya> Game Developers Conference.
Remember when they were trying to come up with the name for the toonie? There was a bit of a fight over toonie and doubloonie.

Magical Lunatic

Anyways it's been a good day. Extremely busy(Oh God, was it busy) but I did a bit of shopping before I went to work and got some neat stuff. Mutants&Masterminds 2nd Edition, Battletech Introductory Box Set, and All Flesh Must Be Eaten.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff