Welcome to Gaia! ::

GaiaHolic

Yes Indeed I am! 0.76984126984127 77.0% [ 97 ]
No I are not. 0.23015873015873 23.0% [ 29 ]
Total Votes:[ 126 ]

Benevolent Phantom

I actually caught one of them criminals steal my top banners that I make for my profile and Edit it and Sign their name.

They are like "I made it myself [Rolls eyes] and thats what you get for reporting me."

I stared at their Pm and just laughed and got a Mod Ambu was her name, and she is now perma ban.

I was offended. its like people think they won't get discovered.

Yeah, people shouldn't do that kind of thing or they'll get caught by someone.
Why don't they just make things by themselves or pay someone to do it?

Benevolent Phantom

I don't know maybe because they are being cheap or stubborn?
it happens in Guilds, someone makes graphics or post formats and a little lurker steal banners and edit them. I yell at them and contact the captain.
And poof they dissappear.

I hated it so much, that I had to put a rule like that in my Homepage.
"You will get reported for theft."

Members work so hard to make graphics for anywhere, and its not fair to steal them.

Yeah.
Graphic and art theft are really wrong.
Stealing anything that a person worked hard to make is always wrong.
Post formats is ok when it comes to stealing in my opinion, unless there was a picture made by the poster or a quote that they said, It's not really something that anyone couldn't come up with.

Benevolent Phantom

Like wordings formats, Post format, Hm, you know howsomeone lists something like their "Narration" or Just wording Paragraph?

Well I just feel that it is wrong, because if its not credited then it would be false ideas.

Like I own a profile shop. I put up intros and wordings like Rules and orders.
And someone from my Buddies list took the same post text context, and use it for themselves in their shop thread. I lurked, and I didn't like the feeling of that, so I asked to like credit me for the context. ^^;

I made a "Please do not steal context " in my guild, because it doesn't feel good to steal exact Essay context.

Hm I wish I had an example, do you know what I mean?

Benevolent Phantom

Like basically copying and pasting the same wording and replace the names.
Yeah, its obvious that its my personality mixed up in there the way I talk.
I wish people had their own ideas.

In the end, I allowed her to use it. Just not to claim it as hers.

[x]

Oh, like the shops wording?
Like. e.g
Rules:
Rule 1: Bla Bla Bla

And stuff?

That still doesn't qualify as theft to me, It can be annoying though.
People copy off each other's wording all the time in the real world.
Why shouldn't it be fine here as well?
Sorry, just what I think.

Benevolent Phantom

its fine what you feel.

I just know I don't want that happening, at least not with my stuff. its my desire and people should respect it. Its like copying an Essay and posting it online calling it your own. D=
I just, asked a little favor to all so no one won't take it.

Or about this view?
If you wrote a description, Footnote, idea, and found out someone just copied and pasted it in their shop or guild, wouldn't you get upset?
Like maybe somewhere in your Journal you made a little Mini-Description on an anime or song, and formatted the way you wanted it.

Someone lurks and pastes it into somewhere...your like "Oh my thats what I said!!" Exact wording too!

;_; I hate to see all of the people who admire it, even though it was your idealisms.

Benevolent Phantom

it was suprising when Funimation took down all properties of their Anime that they made.
FMA bye-bye. =_=; ;_;

But...then again it wasn't suprising, it is copyright, and Funimation won't make money that way.

Well, as long as it's not something you can get credit for like a report then i'm
fine with people stealing text..
Still, if you found someone stole from you then you could always bug them/ flame them until they took it off.
I don't know if you can report them to a mod for stealing text though if you can, then there's always that.

Benevolent Phantom

3nodding Yep. You can. I even asked a Mod. Ambu is the one that helped me. I was so frustrated! When someone took my context like Poem, and a User posted it in the Writers forum. ;_;
The thread was locked and the user was 3 day block. Hopefully that taught him!

I'm going to best buy tommorow, I was thinking of buying Elfen Lied the thrid volume, and replacing my Kings and Bandits dvd of Yu Yu Hakusho. <3

Oh, well a poem or a story you can get credit for, win contests for them and such so I don't like when people steal them..
I'm glad you PMed a mod about it and the thief got what he desired.

Cool. I've only seen the first few episodes of Elfen Lied. It was cool though!

Benevolent Phantom

3nodding Yeah, such intense storylines. I have only two volumes.
I'm going to buy the third tommorow, Well I hope if they have some in stock.
>.<
Nyu is so cute. heart

She seems like Chi (Chobits) to me..

Benevolent Phantom

Yeah, because of the constant perpetual name saying.

"Chi, Chi"

"Nyu.NYu" xDxD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas