Welcome to Gaia! ::

Good night Bright!
@ V: Hahaha... Yes, in little traffic I probably live 20-30 mins from downtown Dallas. I live essentially right next to DFW airport, just on the Ft. Worth side. You are welcome to come! In fact, I demand it. Our meeting has been delayed far too long. *shakes fist* Though I don't think I could ever call you 'Shawn' naturally. Also, at Sams Club yesterday I saw a crate of cabernet sauvignon labeled "VEO Grande". heart

@ B_E: If you use a flash drive you can get a virus on a computer you don't download anything to. smile

Grease fires are scary. I've never had one, but watched that episode on mythbusters where they try and get a 30' fireball.... I make Dest cook anything that's greasy and splatters because I always get hit by the grease and burned no matter how careful I am. sad Sometimes we cook it on a cookie tray in the oven. Then you don't have to turn it and the only scary part is taking it out without spilling the grease.

My Grandma is "Gramma". xp

Beloved Codger

11,725 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Invisibility 100
Really?! I wonder if the existing bad stuff that was on my family's computer was transferred to mine through the flash drive.
Yes, I know that was an issue at the library a few months back because a virus was going around that targeted USB drives especially.
omg. feels like an age since I've been here.

*tosses cookies to everyone*

Congrats on the job, V! Yay!

Another way to microwave bacon -
take raw bacon, layer 4-5 paper towels on a plate, put a single layer of bacon between the layers of paper towels, and cook for 1 minute per slice of bacon 30 seconds. Tada! Paper towels soak up most of the grease, too smile

V.E.O.'s Significant Otter

Anaidiana
take raw bacon, layer 4-5 paper towels on a plate, put a single layer of bacon between the layers of paper towels, and cook for 1 minute per slice of bacon 30 seconds. Tada! Paper towels soak up most of the grease, too smile

This is what I do. My dad always made bacon like this when I was growing up, so that's what I like to do. It's much cleaner and a less chance of getting burned. Although my mom cooks it on the stove... I just prefer microwave; tastes just as good. *noms cookie* Thank you! <3

@Bright: Yes, OWT is exactly right, funny as how I was about to recommend this before I read her post, but yeah. Any removable media that you are putting into your computer could infect your computer. It's happened many times with people's computer's I've fixed. The worst case I saw was about a month ago, where a lab technician would use a flash drive to back up their laboratory data. But the lab tech used the flash drive for other things, so without knowing it got infected, she'd stick it into all the lab computers to back up data and it would spread the virus/malware to every computer. Eventually all the computers crashed and their whole laboratory went down... you can only imagine how much money that cost them to get it fixed, let alone having to recover from losing all those patient results and records that they had for hospitals. Every test, sample result, etc. was gone, even emergency room results. It took us days to get them back up and running again, but the rest was on their shoulders, and I think they even fired that lab technician.

Beloved Codger

11,725 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Invisibility 100
Ouch, that sucks. Well one of my scans found some ad stuff, but I'm not sure if it got what has been popping up. I'll have to mess with it later. Because right now, although it's 6:00, I think I need a nap.

Dapper Deckhand

I just have to say that I am in full support of a Lobbier "Power Rangers and Bacon" night. =D

Beloved Codger

11,725 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Invisibility 100
Cabin Boy
I just have to say that I am in full support of a Lobbier "Power Rangers and Bacon" night. =D
For sho!
I saw an awesome T-shirt advertised somewhere that said "You had me at bacon"

Also, I think there's a website I stumbled across that was totally devoted to bacon and bacon products/accessories. xd

@CB: I miss you. sad

Everyone else: I miss you all, too xd But today I miss CB lots. heart
**giggles** We'd so have to wear those to our Power Ranger/Bacon party! XD

Beloved Codger

11,725 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Invisibility 100
I love that website! Not the...bacon one...never been there. But I've seen that shirt at snorgtees.com. They have some hilarious shirts.
i am obsessed with elliott smith

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces