Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Sex Symbol

8,950 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
So, recently, Snow White has been a hot topic in Tv and movies. For example, one of the main characters in Once Upon a Time is Snow White, the new movie Mirror Mirror is about Snow White, and the upcoming movie Snow White and the Huntsman is coming soon. So what i wanna know is: why Snow White. And why taking the darker tone with the fairy tale?

Kawaii Shoujo

The story of Snow White already has a rather dark tone and that over the years it was made more child-appropriate, so my guess is that the producers decided it was time to show how dark the beloved fairy tale truly is... I myself am planning on seeing Snow White and the Huntsman, are you planning on seeing any of the movies?

Aged Sex Symbol

8,950 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
fairy-phoenix
The story of Snow White already has a rather dark tone and that over the years it was made more child-appropriate, so my guess is that the producers decided it was time to show how dark the beloved fairy tale truly is... I myself am planning on seeing Snow White and the Huntsman, are you planning on seeing any of the movies?

probably not, not really into fairy tales, even if it has a dark tone. might wait for the DVD or something
the snow white and the huntsman movie does look really cool. I really am glad who they picked for the huntsman...not so much for snow white though :p

High-scoring Werewolf

11,650 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
fairy-phoenix

Snow White has the same undertones of innocence and temptation like the vampire movies do but without a romanticized element to it.

The trailer for Snow White and the Huntsman looks intense. I'd like to see it.

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
She is currently the "it" princess.
;D

5,800 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
I'm not sure, but the big question is:

Why in fricken heck did they cast Krystin shows-less-emotion-then-darth-vador Stewart? You would think anybody who worked with Tim Burton in a past movie would have enough brain cells not to cast such a crappy actress! It doesn't take much intelligence at all to realize even hard core twilight fans hate her acting!

2,400 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
Star1Bandit

Why in fricken heck did they cast Krystin shows-less-emotion-then-darth-vador Stewart? You would think anybody who worked with Tim Burton in a past movie would have enough brain cells not to cast such a crappy actress! It doesn't take much intelligence at all to realize even hard core twilight fans hate her acting!

I've only seen her in Twilight so I'm inclined to think that her emotionless acting has more to do with bad directing than bad acting. I could be totally wrong but I fully intend to see snow white and the huntsman to find out.

Dangerous Ladykiller

13,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nerd 50

Mirror Mirror looks really stupid and cheesy.

I don't know what's the big entrance of Snow White. Honestly, she isn't that great of a fairy tale character. I mean, she gets a kiss and lives happily ever after. Not much of a plot to work with.
The Evil Queen is the only interesting character, I always loved how she made herself old and trick the dumb b***h into eating a apple.

Dangerous Ladykiller

13,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nerd 50
milila
Star1Bandit

I've only seen her in Twilight so I'm inclined to think that her emotionless acting has more to do with bad directing than bad acting. I could be totally wrong but I fully intend to see snow white and the huntsman to find out.

I really like her. Twilight was a shitty cast for her, but she was really good as Joan Jett in The Runaways.

Quotable Genius

7,700 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Friendly 100
It's because Disney copy right over Snow White is ending soon, so they are milking it for all its worth before they have to spend more money to renew it.

Dumbitri's Princess

Magical Girl

19,225 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • OTP 200
Star1Bandit

1) If you're going to bash her, SPELL HER NAME RIGHT.
2) She actually isn't that bad an actress. That's what Bella is supposed to be like. Ever seen Zathura? She was amazing in that.

Dumbitri's Princess

Magical Girl

19,225 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • OTP 200
Saint-Brooke-Lynn
It's because Disney copy right over Snow White is ending soon, so they are milking it for all its worth before they have to spend more money to renew it.

But none of these Snow White things are Disney...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff