Welcome to Gaia! ::

I was discussing with my husband how Disney needs to do Rumpelstiltskin now, but he says the story is to messed up for Disney to do. But they change the stories so much anyway that I think they could do it. And its no worse than snow white in my opinion, but then again people are much more sensitive now. I would really like to see it done. What are your views?

Sweet Cleric

I'll say yes. Rumplestiltskin is my favorite fairy tale. It is kinda messed up but if Disney gets ahold of it I'm sure they'd make more ....how you say..."Child Friendly"
Maria Orihara
I'll say yes. Rumplestiltskin is my favorite fairy tale. It is kinda messed up but if Disney gets ahold of it I'm sure they'd make more ....how you say..."Child Friendly"

Yeah, I had a book when I was a kid that was Rumpelstiltskin stories from around europe. Some weren't that terrible, some were actually quite funny. I really want to see that movie made!

Rainbow Ladykiller

In the original cinderella, her step-sister cut off parts of their feet to try to fit into the glass slipper. The prince only notices because pigeons try to eat out the step-sisters' eyes.

In the original Snow White, the Queen actually asks the huntsman to bring back her heart, liver and lungs, not just her heart. And she doesn't wake up from a magical kiss. She wakes up from being jostled around on the back of the Prince's horse. So essentially the Prince took a seemingly comatose princess.
.. for what exactly?

In the original Sleeping Beauty, she pricks her finger as the prophecy tells. But she doesn't wake up to a prince's kiss. The king rapes her, she gives birth to twins, all while still asleep. One of the babies sucks on her finger removing the piece of flax which kept her asleep.

None of these faerie tales are suitable for children. Disney decided otherwise, why not with Rumpelstilskin?

Fashionable Shopper

User ImageYeah all the stories are really messed up without Disney making them suitable for children. I'm sure Disney could think of something. Its interesting to go back and read the originals now that I'm older. I'd like to see more fairytales and old stories being re-made. My favorite Disney movies will always be The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, and Beauty and the Beast. <3

As for original stories I love Beauty and the Beast, Little Red Riding Hood, Snow White, The Little Mermaid, and Cinderella.

I never got into Disney's Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, or Cinderella. When I think of Cinderella I think of Brandy's portrayal. xD
I would absolutely love to see a Rumpelstiltskin movie no matter who made it! It's definitely my favorite tale. Somewhere in time my child self is disappointed that there isn't one. biggrin

Sparkly Genius

7,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Consumer 100
  • Full closet 200
I would like to see it happen but I don't know if it would be good for children because Rumpelstiltskin eats babies or children or both.

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Disney can turn any story into a movie.

They kid-ify everything ;D

5,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Not sure if Disney should make that movie. I definitely think it would be a cool movie. If you want to read books that are really good and fairy tale, you should read all of Donna Jo Napoli. She shows different perspectives and they are really cool.

Tipsy Sex Symbol

6,000 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
they really do...........
I believe Rumplestiltskin was the villain in the last Shrek movie, so I doubt they'll make a movie of his own. Also, that interpretation of Rumplestiltskin was really dumb.
But I'd love to see a movie based off of that tale.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff