Welcome to Gaia! ::

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

It has Julia Roberts in it!!!

What do you guys think of this type of movie? I'm so excited!!

It's another movie based on Snow White.
I heard there was another one with Kristen Stewart(sp?) in it?

Which one do you think is going to come out on top?

I saw the trailer on TV and it looked more like a comedy. but the youtube trailer makes it look more like a drama. IDK what to think crying maybe i should read the wiki about it or something.wait nvm i wasn't paying attention to the youtube trailer when i was playing it...i watched it again and it's still comedic!

6,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Clambake 200
  • Tycoon 200
interesting....
makes me kinda think of Once Upon A Time, though Julia Roberts does not give me the feeling she can be as evil and vile and Regina is .... It does look interesting, though.

Did you know another snow white movie is coming out about the same time as that one? it's called Snow White and the Huntsman and Kristin Stewart is playing Snow White.
Existential Existence

It has Julia Roberts in it!!!

What do you guys think of this type of movie? I'm so excited!!

It's another movie based on Snow White.
I heard there was another one with Kristen Stewart(sp?) in it?

Which one do you think is going to come out on top?

I saw the trailer on TV and it looked more like a comedy. but the youtube trailer makes it look more like a drama. IDK what to think crying maybe i should read the wiki about it or something.wait nvm i wasn't paying attention to the youtube trailer when i was playing it...i watched it again and it's still comedic!

it does have a comedic feel to it ... maybe a little dramatic, but mostly comedic.

Prince Yuriy's Waifu

Angelic Kitten

47,375 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hero 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
It looks like it's going to be a good family movie. Plus, who doesn't love Julia as a bad girl?

Supportive Cleric

30,375 Points
  • Alchemy Level 5 100
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Invisibility 100
Mirror Mirror looks like it's going to be awesome and I've known about it for quite some time. It might be a bit difficult for me to see Roberts being portrayed as the evil queen, since she does the good girl roles in movies--but I'm sure she's up to the task as with her other films.

As for Snow White and the Huntsmen, it looks like it's darker than Mirror Mirror's comedic setting. I can't really see Stewart as Snow White in the film, but maybe she'll surprise me whenever I watch the movie. On the other hand, Charlize Theron looks like she will do an amazing job as the evil queen from just looking at the trailer.

As for speculating on which one will do better in the theaters, they are both different from each other to really say which one will be more successful. However, I'll go with Mirror Mirror because overall it looks so spectacular with the setting, costumes, and comedic atmosphere. whee

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
LilEmoReaperChick
makes me kinda think of Once Upon A Time, though Julia Roberts does not give me the feeling she can be as evil and vile and Regina is .... It does look interesting, though.

Did you know another snow white movie is coming out about the same time as that one? it's called Snow White and the Huntsman and Kristin Stewart is playing Snow White.

I was reading the wiki and it said that they chose Julia Roberts because she's relate-able to people. She's not really "evil" but insecure, which drives her bad characteristics...or something like that...idk.

I really like the twist of comedy though. The budget for the film as 60 mil though so it should be a really good film visual wise. biggrin This is actually a movie i'd want to see in theaters!

The Huntsman version sounds a little overplayed. Stewart is a big draw from what i hear though, just because of her twilight stuff.

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Zi
Mirror Mirror looks like it's going to be awesome and I've known about it for quite some time. It might be a bit difficult for me to see Roberts being portrayed as the evil queen, since she does the good girl roles in movies--but I'm sure she's up to the task as with her other films.

As for Snow White and the Huntsmen, it looks like it's darker than Mirror Mirror's comedic setting. I can't really see Stewart as Snow White in the film, but maybe she'll surprise me whenever I watch the movie. On the other hand, Charlize Theron looks like she will do an amazing job as the evil queen from just looking at the trailer.

As for speculating on which one will do better in the theaters, they are both different from each other to really say which one will be more successful. However, I'll go with Mirror Mirror because overall it looks so spectacular with the setting, costumes, and comedic atmosphere. whee

Yeah i really like the trailer and how her character is obsessed with aging and image. a lot of aging women can relate to that...lol. it fits her.

there seems to be a lot of movies coming out about snow white being more of an action heroine than a passive princess (once upon a time, and now these two movies). i wonder what's so drawing about the show white thing that makes people want to re-create the story on film. i mean, watching beautiful women hating on other beautiful women is always a treat to watch. xd but it's not exactly new.

i wonder how these two films coming out might affect how Once Upon A Time is going to be written when it comes to the queen + snow white's feud - if they emphasize being 'fairest' vs something else.

Newbie Noob

8,600 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Generous 100
  • Partygoer 500

Supportive Cleric

30,375 Points
  • Alchemy Level 5 100
  • Invisibility 100
Existential Existence
Yeah i really like the trailer and how her character is obsessed with aging and image. a lot of aging women can relate to that...lol. it fits her.

there seems to be a lot of movies coming out about snow white being more of an action heroine than a passive princess (once upon a time, and now these two movies). i wonder what's so drawing about the show white thing that makes people want to re-create the story on film. i mean, watching beautiful women hating on other beautiful women is always a treat to watch. xd but it's not exactly new.

i wonder how these two films coming out might affect how Once Upon A Time is going to be written when it comes to the queen + snow white's feud - if they emphasize being 'fairest' vs something else.

I think today's version of Snow White as compared to Disney's interpretation of Snow White shows more of the sign of the times as woman are more predominant in society. People's views change and television/movies reflects these changes, so I can see why people want to revisit this fairy tale and create a stronger female figure in the story. Yeah, it isn't a new concept, but there are lessons to be learned from the stories and it is interesting to see an old story retold from another person's perspective of the tale.

Once Upon a Time has a different take on the fairy tales, so I'm sure the writers of the stories have their own interpretation of the conflict between Snow White and the Queen, which is already vastly different from the fairy tale itself.

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Zi
Existential Existence

I think today's version of Snow White as compared to Disney's interpretation of Snow White shows more of the sign of the times as woman are more predominant in society. People's views change and television/movies reflects these changes, so I can see why people want to revisit this fairy tale and create a stronger female figure in the story. Yeah, it isn't a new concept, but there are lessons to be learned from the stories and it is interesting to see an old story retold from another person's perspective of the tale.

Once Upon a Time has a different take on the fairy tales, so I'm sure the writers of the stories have their own interpretation of the conflict between Snow White and the Queen, which is already vastly different from the fairy tale itself.

very true.

if we got another girl-in-the-kitchen fairy tale people would scream their heads off ;D

Supportive Cleric

30,375 Points
  • Alchemy Level 5 100
  • Invisibility 100
Existential Existence
very true.

if we got another girl-in-the-kitchen fairy tale people would scream their heads off ;D

Yeah, I also don't particularly like how Disney's Snow White seems to be completely pure and innocent. I know that fair is not only about beauty, but it can also be about the person's character. Maybe they were trying to exhibit that type of person in the animation, however, it seems so unrealistic to me. xd

The current versions of Snow White in the series and movies though have more depth in their character. In Once Upon a Time, I first thought she would be portrayed as the pure and innocent figure, but that judgement quickly went out the the window when I saw the first episode and even more so when I got to know her character more. It will be interesting to see the other Snow White characters in the movies although I'm looking forward to the one in Mirror Mirror more than Snow White and the Huntsman.
I think this movie looks good, I like how it has a comedic feel to it for we haven't seen that with Snow White yet. : )

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff