Welcome to Gaia! ::

do you eat junk food regularly?

yes i want it all! 0.44827586206897 44.8% [ 13 ]
once a month 0.17241379310345 17.2% [ 5 ]
no way is that burger getting near me ever!!! 0.37931034482759 37.9% [ 11 ]
Total Votes:[ 29 ]
< 1 2

Silvyee
Well, gee. I eat maybe two cheeseburgers a year and pizza is pretty much what you make of it. As in you can eat vegan pizza, which is quite tasty really. Threads like this are preachy and irritating in a food forum.

yeah they are I tend to teach moderation. I just saying that Food is Food and log as you get food from a good place it tend to be healhy.
candekitten
Junk food:
vending machine s**t, fast food(including subway), processed food, and frozen food.

What has it ever done for us? it never made us happy, i can make taste buds happy, but thats all. It never gave us back anything positive..
It gave us obesity, depression, unhealthy eating habits, unhealthy skin/ body/sex life/sleep disorders/etc.
I'm tired of seeing ppl chomp down a big mac ... even seeing skinny ppl eat it discusts me... you may be skinny now but ur not healthy and if u keep eating that s**t you wont be so hot later on.

Okay so here are some facts:

- In the United States, the food industry spends more than $33 billion a year to advertise products that are mostly loaded with fat, salt and sugar.

- Every month, more than 90 per cent of the children in the United States eat at McDonald's

- Over the past twenty-five years, American researchers have found an increase in fast-food commercials during children's television programming - with many of these commercials emphasizing larger portions.

- During the 1950s, the typical soft drink order at a fast food restaurant contained about eight ounces of soda. Today, a "child" order of Coke at McDonalds is twelve ounces, and a large Coke is thirty-two ounces (and about 310 calories!).

- In the United States, obesity is second only to smoking as a cause of death.

evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil

and apparently 2/3 of americans are overweight... tho it might just be 1/3 i cant really remember...

i hardly ever have fast food.. tho my downfall is biscuits but thats cos i have them with my tea

i think ive only been to mcdonalds like 6 times in my life and im now nearly 18
AMEN heart

Questionable Hoarder

8,950 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Conventioneer 300
While I do hate most fast food places... actually I can't think of one I like, I don't agree that frozen food is bad. Mostly it is what the people eat and how much that is bad for them. A lot of frozen food is not bad, and in today's society(at least America, since I've heard other countries make fun of us for working so much) it is very easy to make and we don't really have time to make a complete meal.

Not all Americans eat in excess, and a lot of people from other countries are obese as well. I think the biggest fault in American eating habits is the 3 meals a day thing. You get hungry between those times, and you eat too much. Small snacks throughout the day is a much better thing to do, and easier on your stomach.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff