Welcome to Gaia! ::

Italian or Japanese food?

Italian 0.31460674157303 31.5% [ 28 ]
Japanese 0.34831460674157 34.8% [ 31 ]
They are equal 0.31460674157303 31.5% [ 28 ]
None! 0.02247191011236 2.2% [ 2 ]
Total Votes:[ 89 ]
1 2 3 >

Hey all! here come another big fight, Italina vs Japanese food! Sushi or pasta? Pizza or Teppanyaki? Rissoto vs yakimeshi!
They each have their good and bad points. I honestly can't choose between the two.

But, I'd have to say italian, because that's what I was raised on. 3nodding
Not trying to sound like a know-it-all, but ya really cannot compare the 2, they are completely different in taste, texture, aroma, etc. Ya know?
I like both, but would prefer Italian although Chinese is a favorite also. smile
Zombie Mika
They each have their good and bad points. I honestly can't choose between the two.

But, I'd have to say italian, because that's what I was raised on. 3nodding
I've also been raised on Italian foods 3nodding
The best! I love it! I won't really eat other foods! ITALIAN FTW heart
It's hard to compare two different styles of food. I do like how most Japanese food is low fat (kappa roll) and stuff like that, but I do love a good Italian salad at times.
They are both good, but one may be better depending on my mood. But they're basically equal.
Hmmm...I like Italian food, but Japanese cuisine is good as well...

I'd give the edge to Japanese food. Italian food is a bit too heavy for my liking. The phenomenal use of tomato kind of offsets me. But the use of garlic in the dishes redeems the cuisine in my eyes.

Japanese food is more my style. Smaller portions, arranged delicately, really strike out at me. As a person who isn't a fan of vegetables, I am not enthusiastic about the amount of green onions, bamboo shoots, and various other types of greenery, but it still strikes me.

Geeze, I sound like such an idiot...
That is a very tough choice! But I ended up choosing Italian, because I'm in the mood for pasta right now. Also, if you go to a good Italian restaurant then they can have the best food ever tasted...
Italian by a loooooong shot. Japanese food just isn't for me. I like fried rice, but that's pretty much it. I guess I just like heavy foods. 3nodding
I love all sorts of foods from all over the world. I've been to both countries and it was easier for me to enjoy and have excellent food in Japan just because I actually lived there and spoke the language. But man, I had some truely awesome truffle ravioli when we were in Italy. The Olive Garden can kiss my a**, though. I don't like any of the heavy butter sauces (alfredo) in italian food so I go for the clean and light stuff. Although I love eggplant parmigiana in all it's fried glory.

It would be pretty hard to list all the Japanese food I like since I like basically all of it. Ew. Except the deep fried chicken cartilage I had the first night with my host family when they took me out to dinner. My host mom didn't know the word cartilage in English and I didn't know it in Japanese and she explained it as "inside the bones of a chicken" which isn't right; my friend's host mom told her it was "the soft bones" and she knew what that meant. Well, as soon as I popped that sucker in my mouth and felt the hard chewy texture I knew _exactly_ what it was. It took me forever to chew and swallow that horrible texture. I looked up "Cartilage" in my electronic dictionary and showed it to my host mom. cartilage is "nankotsu" a word I will never forget. XD

Oh! And uni! (sea urchin) is probably the worse thing I've ever put in my mouth. Cold slimely snot food. I had it in a sushi roll from a platter my host mom ordered for a party. All my classmates that tried it agreed with that same assessment. I do love trying new foods though. xd

Shirtless Genius

They're equal.

Italians own pizza and yummy bread. The Japanese own Sushi and Pocky.

In a relationship with Mielyn

Depends on how full you want to get. xd

Both are mostly starch with a moderate-to-small amount of meat, and each have their awesome traditions. Almost like comparing red and blue if you ask me. 3nodding

Fashionable Genius

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
...They are both good, so it depends mostly on your tastes, really. 4laugh whee
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-
[O RLY?]
Property of cmainer1001
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Japanese Food mrgreen ninja cool
It's apples to oranges really. They're much too different to compare.

-CBD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces