Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Elder

There are a lot of things I hate that are considered very healthy and being a vegetarian (i don't drink milk or eat eggs either) it makes it hard to maintain my health when i refuse to eat so many other foods just because i don't like the taste or texture.

Some of the foods i wont eat include:
• Avocados
• Mango
• Hummus
• Qinoa (idk if that's spelled right)
• Papaya
• Tomatos (except in some sauce)
• Most dressings or sauces
• Any kind of fish or meat (obviously)
• Eggs
• Milk (i use almond milk)
• Most beans (i've not really tried any so if you know any really good ones i'll consider it)
• there's probably more i can't think of

I also try and limit soy products because i hear it's pretty bad for your health and my goal is to be healthy so

tl;dr what are some healthy (superfoods) that are not on the above list
There is a whole list on superfoods on wikipedia.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_superfoods
There must be some things that you like.
But in general, most vegetables are considered healthy, you just have to make sure that you get enough protein as some common protein sources are on your list. Do you like nuts, tempeh or other soy products?

Girl-Crazy Exhibitionist

9,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Wow...what sauces do you like?

Anyway, not too sure about superfoods, but leafy greens are great. Try sautéing them in oil with onion and/or garlic (didn't see those listed), since you don't like sauce or dressing. Nuts and seeds are also a good choice for snacks or toppings. You should also try bean chili or lentil stew, which are often tomato based (cooked tomato). Kidney and red beans are popular, but white beans, which taste milder can be used. This is kind of difficult since I usually cook with some kind of sauce, and I'm not sure what you'd be ok with. Alternatively, you could try roasting an assortment of veggies in the oven with spices. You can eat it over rice, pasta, or some other grain.

Have you tried coconut based curries? How do you feel about peppers?

Conservative Gawker

Boiled Veggies. unless you don't like them soft. Oh nd smoothies are a good way to get your vitamins tasting good.
May i ask, what food do you usually eat? i think its less complicated if i asked that instead. lol

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff