Welcome to Gaia! ::

3nodding I make cakepops and sell them for money~ I make all sorts of cakepops but I was wondering how can I get chocolate cake to not be such a b***h sometimes!?! gonk It always falls apart once i put the stick into it. Help please.

Vector Theta's Husbando

Mega Man-Lover

Is it possible the cake is too dry?
Super Fightin Prototype
Is it possible the cake is too dry?
i dont think so...i think it may b overly moist...

Dapper Dabbler

Whenever I make mine, I use just enough frosting and/or buttercream 'till the cake crumbs stay into a ball,
then I melt some white chocolate (or dark chocolate, whichever) and poke the end of the stick in it,
press it into the cake ball and freeze it so the chocolate hardens to the cake so it doesn't fall.
Works every time for me 3nodding

yum_cupcake
Qvvaak
Whenever I make mine, I use just enough frosting and/or buttercream 'till the cake crumbs stay into a ball,
then I melt some white chocolate (or dark chocolate, whichever) and poke the end of the stick in it,
press it into the cake ball and freeze it so the chocolate hardens to the cake so it doesn't fall.
Works every time for me 3nodding

yum_cupcake
maybe i should try freezing it then. I always just refrigerated and they always break! so frustrating!!

Dapper Dabbler

xX_Rika_Furude_Xx
maybe i should try freezing it then. I always just refrigerated and they always break! so frustrating!!

Just remember to let the cake pops warm up a little after the sticks are glued to the cake, that way your outer shell chocolate doesn't crack!
yum_cupcake
Qvvaak
xX_Rika_Furude_Xx

Just remember to let the cake pops warm up a little after the sticks are glued to the cake, that way your outer shell chocolate doesn't crack!
yum_cupcake
what about keeping them from breaking when I insert the stick?S ometimes I insert the stick and get this great big crack that ruins the whole cakepop

Dapper Dabbler

xX_Rika_Furude_Xx
what about keeping them from breaking when I insert the stick?S ometimes I insert the stick and get this great big crack that ruins the whole cakepop

If they do, you can squeeze them a little bit to secure their hold.
But if they crack more or start to crumble, you need to add more frosting/buttercream 3nodding

yum_cupcake
Qvvaak
xX_Rika_Furude_Xx

If they do, you can squeeze them a little bit to secure their hold.
But if they crack more or start to crumble, you need to add more frosting/buttercream 3nodding

yum_cupcake
i love you xD <3, Its odd i only experience this issue wiht chocolate cake :3

Dapper Dabbler

xX_Rika_Furude_Xx

Yes, chocolate cake is very stubborn emotion_donotwant
yum_cupcake
Qvvaak
xX_Rika_Furude_Xx

Yes, chocolate cake is very stubborn emotion_donotwant
yum_cupcake
Its either too moist or not moist enough or it just doesnt feel like it and breaks :c

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff