Welcome to Gaia! ::

are you a raw fooder?

Yes, no, who cares? 1 100.0% [ 29 ]
Total Votes:[ 29 ]
1 2 >

Hello I was just wondering if there are any rawists here in Gaia.

So what is rawist? its someone who doesn't eat food prepared over a certain tempature thereby leaving the emzynes and nurtirents intact. ya know 'Living Food, Living Body.'

I am and I love it. the main thing I like about is its inclusive of a lot of other beliefs there are naturalist rawists, vegan rawists, vegitarian rawists(I'm this one), Rawists who eat meat(fish, generally) you can make your own junkfood, beer, pie, and and its all healthy(ier) for you.

if people would like to share recipes I'd love to hear them!
lol I meant DON'T eat cooked food in the thread topic sweatdrop ....... rolleyes
i've never heard the term "rawist" before. usually people just talk about it as being a raw foods diet. neutral

i've been slowly accumulating a collection of recipes. i try to include as much raw food as possible in my diet but i'm not 100% raw. it's a bother when the majority of recipes seem to depend upon dehydration, which defeats the whole purpose of raw food in my mind.

p.s. by editing the first post, you can change the title of the thread..
why is it that you think dehydrating something 'defeats the purpose'? I've never heard that before (but thats why the raw diet is so amazing) as long as the food stays below 115-ish F. the emzynes would still be fine.

what kinds of food do you like? maybe I could find some recipes that don't require dehydrating

PS thanks for the tip about the topic
I thought raw food could kill you...Well..Raw meat anyway....
boltanna2

yeah, Raw red fish is fine though (think sushi) I think anything else would be dangerous.
boltanna2

steak tartars are generally raw, plus there's some italian dish made with super thinly pounded and seasoned steak. the stigma against raw meat is mainly from western civilization's overdeveloped paranoia. spain is known for it's seafood ceviche which is raw seafood that's "cooked" by the acids in the sauce it's served with.
onicoe
boltanna2

steak tartars are generally raw, plus there's some italian dish made with super thinly pounded and seasoned steak. the stigma against raw meat is mainly from western civilization's overdeveloped paranoia. spain is known for it's seafood ceviche which is raw seafood that's "cooked" by the acids in the sauce it's served with.

oh wow! I didn't know that, but I don't really know much about meat, I haven't eaten it in a looooong time and my mom is a vegitarian so I only had it as a child when I thought to ask for it (even though my mom didn't eat meat she never forced it on me so I could eat it whenever I wanted, I just never wanted to)
I was raw for quite a while, but had to stop because it simply wasn't sustainable--getting over 800 calories in was a major chore, and usually I wound up consuming only 400-600 a day...and even then, I felt like I was stuffing myself. I feel really, really awful when the fat content of my diet goes too high, so nuts/seeds or avocados had to be limited...so I was left with just fruits and vegetables. I became very tired, weak, and malnourished. Eventually my body began binging on all manner of cooked and junk foods (I say "my body" and not "me" because anybody who's become seriously malnourished knows what it feels like when your body overrides your brain and forces a binge). So eventually I just said to hell with it all and started eating (healthy) cooked again, and I feel much better now. I still include a huge salad daily and get about 30-50% of my calories from raw foods.

This isn't meant to scare you, or to criticize the raw movement. A healthy raw diet can be done, but it takes a lot of work and planning. So please be careful...and don't let an ideology come before your health, if it comes to that heart
Quote:
super thinly pounded and seasoned steak.

Delicious
Quote:
seafood ceviche which is raw seafood that's "cooked" by the acids in the sauce it's served with.

Amazing.

Honestly, raw meat is awesome.
I myself am not on the raw foods diet, but I do eat quite a lot of it. I also try not to boil my vegels too often - all the nutrients get boiled away. DX And I don't feel like drinking that wattah.
onicoe
boltanna2

Oh..Ok..That makes scence..
I've never actually eaten raw steak or other beef before, mainly because I like to eat my meat when it's hot.
I try to get it as hot as I can though, without losing its juicy pinkness.
I can't stand beef welldone.
I hate it.
miti_kitty
oh wow! I didn't know that [...]

i watch a lot of foodtv. [:
Eh...I question the true value of a raw diet. It sounds wonderful in theory, but when actually put into practice, it's much more work than it's worth. At least in my opinion. I dunno. I'd prefer to just take my risks and cook my food. -shrugs- Life's short, so why not just enjoy yourself?
A.Dream.Within.A.Dream.
Eh...I question the true value of a raw diet. It sounds wonderful in theory, but when actually put into practice, it's much more work than it's worth. At least in my opinion. I dunno. I'd prefer to just take my risks and cook my food. -shrugs- Life's short, so why not just enjoy yourself?

i just take it as a concept, and feel that incorporating as much fresh produce as possible into my diet is for the better. plus come summer, i naturally gravitate towards eating mostly raw food. who wants to good in hot weather? actually some vegetables are more viable once their cooked. the cooking process makes their nutrients more readily digestable by the body. then again, it's the enzymes that raw foodists are concerned with.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff