what does "booting" mean?

Desirable Conversationalist

9,750 Points
  • Married 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Dressed Up 200
Some funny business going on in Rally

User Image

It started off as that, but soon the person started clearing the rally of everyone, booting them out. one person said they've been vortexed. Strangely it didn't effect me.

User Image

The scriptor revealed herself to the girl next to her. She didn't directly admit it, but the mule as above was talking to her. She then left to go to MTV Hills.

Mega Man-Lover

SimplySimone
We wanted to send out an alert about the Towns hack where users are impersonating Gaia Staff by basically cloning their accounts and recreating the colored username.

So far, we know that Lanzer, Ron Bruise, Admin, and moderator Soundblast have fallen victim to this hacking. Oftentimes these clone accounts have colored names making them seem like legitimate staff accounts.

What to look for:

- sometimes the username will be black and then turn color
- sometimes the username will show up in Towns before the avatar
- sometimes the clones show up naked (in underwear)
- sometimes they're clothed
- oftentimes, the clones are saying mean and hateful things and often spewing profanities (this is completely uncharacteristic of Gaia staff/mods).

If you experience any of the above in Towns, please report it.

I will add more to this list if things change. Please feel free to add any new details as you see them and grab (and post) screenshots of anything new if you can.

We are working hard to resolve this issue.

Thank you,
heart SimplySimone heart
i figured quoting would make this slightly more likely to be seen, anyway: not sure about in towns, but in rally all imposter's real names show up in chat box. quite handy to know, if its in towns too.
all these pples use prepaid paint lls nd u supposed to mak it full screen when u take a screenshot lls

5,600 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
i will also help take screenshots

5,600 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
they are all over rallies. Just go to a rally with 30 people in it and i guarantee you will find atleast 1. my laptop cant take screenies so i just report

Dapper Loiterer

8,525 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
Okay, really?
This is against the rules: Make it more public and start actually taking an active role against people like these guys. I'm sick of being forced out of Rally by scripters and the like while I sit with my boyfriend. I had to restart Firefox and later my computer because some kids thought it'd be funny to make all the cars in the server disappear. I can get screen caps of them not only admitting it, but in action with the server whisper.
Seriously. Can you guys please take some more serious actions against these idiots? To be perfectly blunt, scripting programs are a dime a dozen. You can find one, and a free one to boot, on Google. And since no one is doing anything about it and none of them get banned, they're popular. We need to deal with this damn problem.
Any questions? :/
Night of Frights
Okay, really?
This is against the rules: Make it more public and start actually taking an active role against people like these guys. I'm sick of being forced out of Rally by scripters and the like while I sit with my boyfriend. I had to restart Firefox and later my computer because some kids thought it'd be funny to make all the cars in the server disappear. I can get screen caps of them not only admitting it, but in action with the server whisper.
Seriously. Can you guys please take some more serious actions against these idiots? To be perfectly blunt, scripting programs are a dime a dozen. You can find one, and a free one to boot, on Google. And since no one is doing anything about it and none of them get banned, they're popular. We need to deal with this damn problem.
Any questions? :/

Well........There is only one Dev who in charge of Towns. And, in the Spring Cleaning Forum, there's a Dev made thread called Towns 2.0. I do hope it gets picked to be taken care of, otherwise the problem will just get worse.
x_Euphoric Nightmare_x
what does "booting" mean?

Booting means using a packet to force race someone. ( Making them race them selves aka kicking them out of rally.)

2,700 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I think to stop this we gotta find a way to stop WPE pro.
That is what they use I saw a lot of video saying it was by packet editing Now what they do is script.
I saw a lot today But I did not knew that there was a topic so I didn't posted
well;; all it shows is the chat and stuff...but hope it helps
because I could tell its a scriptor cuz the person wasn't in the room...
and i got 2 usernames, one is in the first picture and the other well i was
too lazy to take a screen shot :b but yeah...i think these usernames dun exist
HOPE I HELPED ^^
User Image
the usernames are both;;
EternalLazyMist Whispers to null - Well its something like that :b
and
Diese<3Rice - Heh I found out about this one after my friend and I where
about to leave when I opened my chat and saw hisher name xD we where playing truth or dare and my OTHER friend said he got a boner rofl
and then the scriptor started making fun of us by saying : "LOL you got him a bon3r" and well..
heshe starter cursing o-o soo yeah C:

Dangerous Inquisitor

8,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Generous 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
This thread seems really scary. Even a year on, this is still happening?

4,000 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Good to know!
DarklightnessKuno3o
I think to stop this we gotta find a way to stop WPE pro.
That is what they use I saw a lot of video saying it was by packet editing Now what they do is script.
I saw a lot today But I did not knew that there was a topic so I didn't posted

I believe the scripters have gotten plain lazy nowadays, it isn't WPE a lot of the time. It's people who either steal clients off sites, sell/trade for gold or items, use it and don't need to do any work themselves. I guess typing in a few numbers to WPE is too hard for most of them, eh? I never hear of "omg i use wpe and cheatengine" anymore, only "u wanna buy my client man?". No matter what they use, though, it needs to be stopped. People are being scammed out of gold (I seen one girl last night who claimed she bought a 'client' for 200k) for buying clients off of people who probably just ripped it off a google searched page.

4,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Profitable 100
stupid hackers...-.-

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items