Welcome to Gaia! ::

I thought she underwent a lot of character development in FFX and was very likable. She was at times naive and shy, but also charismatic and had a lot of resolve. In FFX-2, however, it seems like she threw all of that out the window and became a carbon copy of Rikku...except she can sing shitty J-pop. What?

What do you think?

Lonely Exhibitionist

I think she was a little destroyed, she turned a little into Bella from twilight, imo.

But there will be a whole group of people telling you that that game is great and Yuna had a lot of necessary character development in FFX-2.

Versatile Receiver

b***h ill cut you

edit: yuna and raika & cupcakesu get here to back me up
REGINA SPEKT0R
b***h ill cut you

I got your back, Jack. Bitches be crazy.

To address the topic at hand, Yuna's character was only improved with the addition of tiny shorts and Duke Nukem's pistols(although her character wasn't improved directly by these things). Final Fantasy X-2 is a game about Yuna attempting to forge an identity for herself that was devoid of the influence of those around her. She spent all of Final Fantasy X under the influence of Yevon's clergy, and then she attempted to emulate both Rikku and Tidus before finally figuring out who she really was, then gaining the courage to allow herself to be that person.

Also, her outfits are ******** adorable.

Shy Conversationalist

7,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Partygoer 500
Now, this is just from my memory of the game, but I don't recall her actually acting very much like Rikku. Sure, she would *try* to act like Rikku. Even *want* to act like Rikku. However, she would always do poorly at it. It was pretty obvious that she was just "trying out" that kind of personality, as people often do. She was still the same Yuna deep down, and whenever she was alone or giving a voice-over monolog she acted more or less the same as in X. sweatdrop

If anything, she was less depressed, probably due to the fact that she wasn't living a death sentence, anymore. I'd have had trouble believing it if she *didn't* liven up a little. ninja
I have more of a problem with the way she looked than with the way she acted. I'm not crazy about her personality in FFX-2, but I'm not repulsed by it either. I think the biggest change is just that she's more extroverted now than introverted, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Just not what we're used to.

Fated Paladin

Sure, she's more assertive and fun-loving now because of Tidus's and Rikku's influence, but I don't think her original personality was thrown out. I don't see how you can say she lost her resolve and charisma. She constantly goes out of her way to help people in need, she's determined to stand up for her beliefs and protect the places dear to her, she ends the feud between the Youth League and New Yevon AND helps the feud between Guado and the Ronso, and she talks Nooj out of his plan for killing himself and instead finds a way to say Spira yet again without having anyone having to sacrifice themselves. Yuna was a great character in FFX, and I think she's still a great, if not better character in X-2.

Angelic Star

10,750 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
User Image

gaia_angelleft gaia_star

I don't need to say much more than what has been said by the posts above mine. If I could tip Yuna and Raika's post like 80 times I so would.
I haven't played FFX-2 yet but from all of your opinions I can only say this, Yuna is trying to live another live that she wanted but she left as she is a Summoner in FFX so in FFX-2 she's trying to get and experience the live that she once wanted, maybe she wants to be more cheerful like Tidus and Rikku that's why her personality changes even in FFX her personality gradually changes as to the influences mostly from Tidus and Rikku
REGINA SPEKT0R
b***h ill cut you

Yeah don't worry.. I'm here too.

but it's cool. I see you got it taken care of..

Chatty Shapeshifter

7,050 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I think her character was ruined. I could understand a slight change but it was way too drastic. The whole thing came off as a sad Charlie's Angel's rip-off

Versatile Receiver

Dr Geo
REGINA SPEKT0R
b***h ill cut you

Yeah don't worry.. I'm here too.

but it's cool. I see you got it taken care of..
no offence geoff just you are not one of the usual X-2 Yuna protectors

You make it sound like an actual organization.

Now I'm thinking that starting up a guild called "Yuna Defense Force" would be hilarious and fitting.
Yuna and Raika

Now I'm thinking that starting up a guild called "Yuna Defense Force" would be hilarious and fitting.
maybe you should

Versatile Receiver

Yuna and Raika

We can be the Surging Flapping Neighbouring Gullwings

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas