Welcome to Gaia! ::

Is anyone else really looking forward to these two games coming out? I mean, I looked at some screen shots and one thing I really like is how much attention they put into the backgrounds.

I mean, compare the original's graphics:

[Example 1] | [Example 2]

With the HD Remaster's graphics:

[Example 3] | [Example 4]

Don't get me wrong, the character models are looking a lot better, what with Lulu's mink actually looking like fur rather than a white blob and Wakka's armband looking like an actual armband rather than a part of his skin. But the backgrounds are looking like they'll be gorgeous now. I can't wait to see what Besaid Island will look like. emotion_yatta

Fashionable Entrepreneur

I'm long since past the point where I can get excited for HD remakes anymore (somewhere between a HD remake of MGS3 and Zone of the Enders) but I'll most likely end up playing this just to fill the summer void. Plus gives me an excuse to replay Final Fantasy 10 for the trophies.

Versatile Receiver

I honestly can't remember the last game I was this excited about. There's literally nothing here that I won't enjoy. Final Fantasy X and X-2 are my two most favourite games of all time.

Feline Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Hero 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.The graphics do look really nice... When comparing the images the old ones do look like they were kinda stretched... While the new ones also have more texture... But it's not really essential to be able to enjoy the game... I still have a good working PS2 with Final Fantasy X so I don't really see a reason to get a Vita while the only difference will be better graphics... cat_sweatdrop

But I do think it's a good thing they're redoing some PS2 titles since PS2 is out of production now... At least the newer generations will be able to play those great games on current consoles too... It would be a waste to see those games go to the hole of oblivion when the PS2 will no longer be (nothing lasts forever after all)... cat_3nodding

Profitable Raider

10,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
So how much longer do I have to wait til these come out? I'll get em both and play the s**t out of them, been wanting to play my ps2 games lately but I need a new controller sad

Golden Gawker

6,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Is X-2 getting the HD treatment also? I thought it was just X. Are they bundled?
YunaSama
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.The graphics do look really nice... When comparing the images the old ones do look like they were kinda stretched... While the new ones also have more texture... But it's not really essential to be able to enjoy the game... I still have a good working PS2 with Final Fantasy X so I don't really see a reason to get a Vita while the only difference will be better graphics... cat_sweatdrop

But I do think it's a good thing they're redoing some PS2 titles since PS2 is out of production now... At least the newer generations will be able to play those great games on current consoles too... It would be a waste to see those games go to the hole of oblivion when the PS2 will no longer be (nothing lasts forever after all)... cat_3nodding
Well, the HD Remasters are being based on the International Editions, so if you're from the United States, you'll get a chance to play those. You'll get to fight against the Dark Aeons and Pennance in FFX and access to three other Dresspheres in FFX-2.
Mix Master Maha
Is X-2 getting the HD treatment also? I thought it was just X. Are they bundled?
Yup, FFX-2 is getting the HD Remaster treatment, too. They're being bundled with the PS3 version, but they'll be separate on the PS Vita, since they won't be able to fit two games onto a Vita cartridge.

Buggy Survivor

Final Fantasy X was my first introduction to the Final Fantasy series and RPGs in general and I love every second of it, so I'm really happy to hear there's going to be an HD version out. Unfortunately if it's only coming out on Vita then I probably won't play it because I don't have that system and don't plan on buying it anytime soon.

Feline Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Hero 100
Dat Lovable Guy
YunaSama

Well, the HD Remasters are being based on the International Editions, so if you're from the United States, you'll get a chance to play those. You'll get to fight against the Dark Aeons and Pennance in FFX and access to three other Dresspheres in FFX-2.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.I live in Europe though... cat_whee
kisyen
Final Fantasy X was my first introduction to the Final Fantasy series and RPGs in general and I love every second of it, so I'm really happy to hear there's going to be an HD version out. Unfortunately if it's only coming out on Vita then I probably won't play it because I don't have that system and don't plan on buying it anytime soon.
It's going to be on the PS3 as well, bundled with the FFX-2 HD Remaster.

Friendly Businesswoman

8,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I'm so excited for these games! FFX is my favorite game of all time, and I'm more than happy to play X-2 once again, especially with enhanced graphics and the International Versions!
YunaSama
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.I live in Europe though... cat_whee
Well, lucky you. emotion_donotwant

Feline Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Hero 100
Dat Lovable Guy
YunaSama
Well, lucky you. emotion_donotwant

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.I guess... Though we never got Kingdom hearts RE: Chain of Memories for the PS2 here in PAL areas... Or any of the PS2 versions of the "Tales of" games... cat_emo
I'd get X-2 if it's the international version. I can go without X, though. It's not really my favourite.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff