Welcome to Gaia! ::

So I made a huge score at a Goodwill and found FF9 for super cheap. Got all the way to the end of the game and I'm about to go to the lifa tree. However I'm under leveled for the battles ahead and I need some good exp grind locations to get from 50-99.
Suggestions?
Omg its been so long since I've played ff9.... possibly my favourite in the series. I have no idea where grinding locations for your level would be. Usually I just fought things near/inside the area I had to beat, then left healed, saved, repeat, until I could make it through the dungeon.

Dangerous Lunatic

9,250 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Well, I played through Final Fantasy 9 two times. Still my most favorite Final Fantasy. Usually right up before I defeat Kuja. I grind in the final dungeon area climbing through the different broken memories of the game.

Super Gawker

Every area with a random battle can be grund on.
Gizamaluke's Grotto. Fight the Grand Dragons.

Friendly Browser

hippogriffin
If you have to grind in FF9 you are playing the game wrong.

This.

As long as you're not running away from battles, no enemy should be challenging.

Apart from Ozma.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image
With some Coral Rings, Reflect, Mighty Guard, and Antibody and/or Antidotes, the Grand Dragon at Popos Heights (accessed from Gizamaluke's Grotto) is an awesome spot.

Assimilated Bloodsucker

9,700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
SynthesisRTF
Gizamaluke's Grotto. Fight the Grand Dragons.

I was gonna suggest that as well

Elder

You do not need to grind in FF9, equipment and abilities are enough to finish the game.

Cute Doll

20,100 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Inquisitor 200
Screw the final dungeons -- I trained my guys on the isle where you get Leviathan plus I got lots of money too from the multiple dragon spawns.

Sparkly Seeker

Memoria, but not the Crystal World. The enemies in the Crystal World (the crystal versions of Lich, Tiamat, Kraken, and Maliris) only give AP, no EXP. My specific spot was the stone room with the clocks and ladders, because the behemoths give a LOT of EXP, and the Stilvae give a nice amount as well.

Lonely Smoker

If ye are brave enough grind on the yans on a small island

They may be cute and cuddly but they WILL EAT YOUR FLESH AND SOUL

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out