Welcome to Gaia! ::

Inquisitive Bookworm

17,175 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
What lets me down is Boss' that have to legitimize their place by either having uber-HP levels, uber-defence stats; uber-healing abilities; or the classic, fight me for a little while, then fight my minions while I restore full, then fight me again and repeat, style of battle. It'd be nice if the boss was of similar stats to the player character and the reason it wins is though legitimately superior strategy.
Brazekool
What lets me down is Boss' that have to legitimize their place by either having uber-HP levels, uber-defence stats; uber-healing abilities; or the classic, fight me for a little while, then fight my minions while I restore full, then fight me again and repeat, style of battle. It'd be nice if the boss was of similar stats to the player character and the reason it wins is though legitimately superior strategy.

This is why I enjoyed fighting Caius (in human form, since his Bahamut form is more like what you described). He has a regen ability that I don't think comes off, but that's about it. He will buff, but you can dispel it. He hits hard, but there are ways to cut down the damage. He doesn't have incredible amounts of HP. The fight keeps you on your toes, because if you stop to heal too long, you'll find his regen ability has fully restored his HP.

Of course it's really easy to over power him just by leveling up. But that really applies to any boss, doesn't it?

Inquisitive Bookworm

17,175 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
MooMooJuice
Brazekool

This is why I enjoyed fighting Caius (in human form, since his Bahamut form is more like what you described). He has a regen ability that I don't think comes off, but that's about it. He will buff, but you can dispel it. He hits hard, but there are ways to cut down the damage. He doesn't have incredible amounts of HP. The fight keeps you on your toes, because if you stop to heal too long, you'll find his regen ability has fully restored his HP.

Of course it's really easy to over power him just by leveling up. But that really applies to any boss, doesn't it?
"Of course it's really easy to over power him just by leveling up. But that really applies to any boss, doesn't it?" You've obviously never fought Goku at the end of SuperSonicWarriors2, Or Kilik or Edge Master in SoulCaliburV:LegendarySouls Mode... They are good examples of no amount of levelling making a scrap of difference, they are just some good program routines that don't skip a beat. And you feel good when you beat them in fair play.

Yeah Caius was a good fight once I learned about Dispell. I've never had to use it in the game until that point. But yeah dispell, then put some def-down and poison on him and buff your own party, then stagger, then COM the s**t outta him, and SEN if he tries any funny business, like inferno.

Caius' own bahumat form didn't give me too much trouble. But that unexplained thing that happened where he died and three large bahumat/dragon things tried to kill you, namely Jet Bahumat, that took me a while before I worked out a good strategy.
Brazekool
MooMooJuice
Brazekool

"Of course it's really easy to over power him just by leveling up. But that really applies to any boss, doesn't it?" You've obviously never fought Goku at the end of SuperSonicWarriors2, Or Kilik or Edge Master in SoulCaliburV:LegendarySouls Mode... They are good examples of no amount of levelling making a scrap of difference, they are just some good program routines that don't skip a beat. And you feel good when you beat them in fair play.

Yeah Caius was a good fight once I learned about Dispell. I've never had to use it in the game until that point. But yeah dispell, then put some def-down and poison on him and buff your own party, then stagger, then COM the s**t outta him, and SEN if he tries any funny business, like inferno.

Caius' own bahumat form didn't give me too much trouble. But that unexplained thing that happened where he died and three large bahumat/dragon things tried to kill you, namely Jet Bahumat, that took me a while before I worked out a good strategy.

I was referring to RPGs, I don't play fighters (I didn't even realize you could level up in those kinds of games).

Versatile Gawker

In my opinion, I want a better battle against Zeromus @_@.
You go through the whole epic "everyone prey and hope they can win"
and all he got is a transformation. Well, three, but you can only do damage to one.

And everyone should see this coming.
THE WORST BATTLE IN MAH LIFE FOR A FINAL FANTASY GAME..........

IS

Final Fantasy VIII.
Time compression = Inception
Unless someone wants to try and explain that to me 8D.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff