Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Which FF should I play first?

Final Fantasy X 0.75 75.0% [ 51 ]
Final Fantasy XII 0.25 25.0% [ 17 ]
Total Votes:[ 68 ]
1 2 3 >

Friendly Gaian

I'm sorta new to the FF series and only played FFIII and FF7, but I want to try out other FF's for the PlayStation 2. Which one do you think I should play first and why? Oh and I'm more into gameplay not story.

Versatile Receiver

FFX because it's one of the best games of all time emotion_awesome

FFX because then you can play FFX-2

Nah, they're both really good. I'm just extremely biased towards X because I love it so much.
Question: Do you own a PS3? If you do, you should wait for FFX/X-2 HD which comes out later this year.

If not, really you could do either X or XII. They're both excellent. FFX has the better story, but FFXII has the better gameplay. So if you're looking for something that's really fun to play, go for FFXII. But if you want a story that will almost definitely bring you to tears, then hit up FFX.
Final Fantasy X. No Question.
Both are good.
But both are also very different.
If you enjoy roaming and exploration, political intrigue, less cutscenes and more gameplay, and a fast-paced mmo type battle system, I'd recommend XII first.
If you prefer a more linear map, character driven plot, lots of pretty cutscenes, and strategy-oriented turn-based combat, you'll want to go with X.

If you enjoyed X, you may consider looking into its sequel, X-2, which is also for the PS2 (Considered to have one of the best combat systems by many, if nothing else).
XII has a sequel, Revenant Wings, but it's for the DS.
REGINA SPEKT0R
FFX because it's one of the best games of all time emotion_awesome

FFX because then you can play FFX-2

Nah, they're both really good. I'm just extremely biased towards X because I love it so much.

couldn't agree with you more.

Friendly Gaian

Kuja9113
Question: Do you own a PS3? If you do, you should wait for FFX/X-2 HD which comes out later this year.

If not, really you could do either X or XII. They're both excellent. FFX has the better story, but FFXII has the better gameplay. So if you're looking for something that's really fun to play, go for FFXII. But if you want a story that will almost definitely bring you to tears, then hit up FFX.

Yes I own a PS3, I guess I'll wait for FFX/X-2 HD and I'll play FFXII!

Fluffy Bunny

24,275 Points
  • Squash Smasher 50
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Haunting Echo 75
FF X emotion_kirakira
LuckyDMojo
Kuja9113

Yes I own a PS3, I guess I'll wait for FFX/X-2 HD and I'll play FFXII!
Good call. 3nodding The HD version will (of course) be in HD, and have improved character models and animations in both FFX and FFX-2. Also both games will be the international versions, so they'll have additional content that you wouldn't get on the PS2 versions.

Ruthless Prophet

8,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
It sounds like you have your answer already,but to throw my two cents in anyway,play X first,because it doesn't suck. I have put up with a lot of garbage from Square Enix but FFXII might just be the one game of theirs that has given me the most hatred and malice. I hate FFXII with the fiery rage of a thousand super nova suns that just heard Game of Thrones was cancelled. Dear gods that game was awful.

Friendly Businesswoman

8,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Both are very good and worth playing, but if I had to pick one or the other, I'd pick FFX.

FFX simply has the story that will leave you in awe and make a huge impact on you. FFXII has a more straightforward and simple story that is a vehicle for the stellar gameplay that it brings.

So get both!
FFX, was one of the first ones I played and I'd rank it in my top 3. FFXII is okay, it's got plenty of good things going for it but I personally have a hard time getting into it.

Romantic Exhibitionist

10 is much better.
but get the HD remakes

Hygienic Receiver

I say XII.

I didn't like X very much, especially game play and I don't see why everyone hates XII. I think it had one of the best stories of the FF's I've played, game play is fun, characters are better than the ones in X, in my opinion. So I just say give both a shot. c:
Yuki Bunneh
FF X emotion_kirakira

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas