Welcome to Gaia! ::

Alright even with all of the years of playing FFX I still haven't been able to bust out and get Tidus's Legendary sword. I just can't win the race. Is there any advice to win just a little bit easier or do you just have to sit down for hours on end and just keep going until you get lucky?

Versatile Receiver

My advice would be give up lmao ******** that race.

But seriously nope it's just practice. If you work at it for a few hours you'll get it eventually, as long as you don't give up. Also: don't practice for a while and then come back to it in a few days. You'll do better if you try and work at it consistently, if you leave it too long in between tries you'll lose skill.
for the most part its all luck.
luck that you get ahead of the chocobo trainer at the beginning and get the balloons.
luck that you dont get ******** over by birds after the first turn.
luck that the balloons arent stupidly placed.
luck that you dont get ******** over at the second turn and get hit by unavoidable birds.
luck that after the second turn you dont get ******** over by the constant bird spam at the finish.

since the balloon placement and bird frequency is different every time it all boils down to luck.
mostly its just luck that the bird gods dont ******** you over.
It's been too long since I've played it, sorry. I just kept practicing and got myself acquainted with the course and handling my chocobo.
Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but there may be different chocobos to choose from? Try finding one that suits you.

I heard getting all zeros wasn't enough, that you actually had to get a negative score.
But I won with all zeros. ._.

Loyal Comrade

19,800 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Unleash the Beast 100
Just get as many ballons are whatever u collect during the race (my bro did this for me) and it lowers your time try your best not to get hit, he finished with like 0 secs
Sweet sounds like there are no tricks. ah bugger, was afraid of that. thx guys

Ruthless Consumer

9,000 Points
  • Thread Flip 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
monkey9898
Alright even with all of the years of playing FFX I still haven't been able to bust out and get Tidus's Legendary sword. I just can't win the race. Is there any advice to win just a little bit easier or do you just have to sit down for hours on end and just keep going until you get lucky?

I got every Celestial Weapon but Tidus'. Seriously, I even got Kimahri's, whom I never battled with. Yes, that race was just too hard. However, this post isn't completely useless because I'm here to tell you how my brother got it. He said he did the race over and over again until he got so frustrated, he threw the controller across the room (this actually broke the controller- luckily we had a backup for these ragequit moments) and gave up. Then the next morning he went back to it and got it first try.

So don't worry if you're not getting it. Maybe all you need is a break; a nice tea or coffee or hot chocolate, and a good night's sleep. This also works with Lulu's Celestial Weapon. Oh, what tedious times...

Friendly Businesswoman

8,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
It just takes time, patience, and a lot of luck. You might be able to do a small bit with the controller but it's largely luck. That said, I've played through and unlocked Tidus's sword on three separate occasions, so it can be done, but it usually takes a few hours each time I attempt to get it.

1,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100
Is it just me or did FFX had the most tedious side-quests? FFX is one of my favorite games, but some of the sidequests were annoying.

Assimilated Bloodsucker

9,700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
If you play it long enough you will start to see a pattern in the course the way the balloons and birds are set up. Learn that pattern and you will get it. They start to repeat after like the fourth run, if you learn which one will come next you can plot out a course. I did that and I got as close as 3:3:3. I'm still trying though I haven't played in about a year. Also you need luck and patience, LOTS of patience.

Versatile Receiver

LimeIzMyFaveColor
Is it just me or did FFX had the most tedious side-quests? FFX is one of my favorite games, but some of the sidequests were annoying.
if by "sidequests" you mean "heinous, horrible minigames"

Ruthless Prophet

8,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
I gave up and made a mock celestial by just customizing a sword withthe same abilities. Still ended up doing max damage. Closest I got was 0.0.12 . I had it in my grasp and then a gull spawned on top of me AT the finish line. Not a high point in the game.
try youtube

Shy Genius

I just got Yuna's/Rikku's/Auron's.... because those were bearable.

Once you get Yuna's 1MP cast that's all you really need for the endgame boss(es).

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff