Welcome to Gaia! ::

Does anyone actually understand the ending to FFVIII? Cuz i sure don't
sry i did understand it when i beat it but...

i cant remember it was so long ago gonk
Time compression, Squall is lost. Rinoa finds him. The End.

*guesses Squall of SeeD and RPGoddess get here and explain it and teach us all a little something we never knew*
Squall and the others succesfully defeat Ultimecia, undoing her tampering of the timestream (note that when using Scan upon her final form, we learn that she was absorbing all time and space into herself). Everyone then begins focusing on one another and their friendship in order to return to their present, just as they had done when traveling to the future.

Squall, however, being the one among them who had the biggest deficiency in depending on others loses his focus and finds himself at Edea's Orphange when he was four years old. He speaks to Edea briefly before Ultimecia arrives on the brink of death. She passes on her powers to Edea before dying and Squall then mentions to Edea that she founded Garden and SeeD. Because of this, in actuality, everything in the story was pre-destined, having already happened before. Squall's presence in the past essentially caused a self-perpetuating timeloop.

After speaking with Edea, Squall then returns to the present as the timestream is rebuilding itself, seeing things that have happened and something that would have happened had he not been there to save Rinoa in space: Her helmet shattering and her dying as a result. Squall is then overcome by the pain of that possibility having occurred and collapses.

Rinoa finds Squall laying on his back and with the look of death on him, then hugs him to her as she begins to cry, the timestream then being fully realigned with it being revealed as the world is restored that Squall had made it to where he had promised to meet Rinoa after all: The flower field beside of Edea's Orphanage. He is then returned from the brink of death, everyone is happy, and presumably everyone lived happily ever after. That's pretty much it.
Told you. I never knew the scan thing.
Im not 100% sure but I think this is the best summary I can give(WARNING:SPOILERS...Obviously sweatdrop ):

After the battle with Ultimacia, Time went into an outburst and everyone basically got shot into different times...Meanwhile,Squall Is in the timestream when he was a child and Ultimacia comes through a Time warp...Her purpose Is not to attack,But to pass her powers unto another Sorceress.Matron/Edea Does not want her to pass her powers unto one of the children so she takes it instead.Afterwards,Squall finds himself walking in the middle of some Timestream and he's obviously trying to find some source of civilization.He finds nothing and begins to give up.He sits down and passes out and I guess he has a dream about Rinoa.Not too soon afterwards,Rinoa finds him laying...She picks him up and then they find there right timestream and wind up in Edeas garden...(The one she promised to meet him in in the Intro)Also It shows a clip of Seipher,Fujin and Raijin fishing.Raijin catches a fish before Seifer,Seipher gets pissed and Fujin pushes him Into the water.Lastly,Laguna visits Raine's Graveyard and he remembers when they were at the same spot.Galbadia Garden floats above him while he's reminicing,blah bla blah...the end...
*wipes sweat off head*
Incubus_Sento
Told you. I never knew the scan thing.

Yeppers. This is what it says: "Ultimecia, transformed to absorb all time and space. Absorbing all existence as we speak."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff