Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Wife

Kuja9113
beloved cetra

I never blamed you, not once...

I decided for the sake of it being a wedding that I would stick with a traditional dress, but I was not against the idea of incorporating a SOLDIER-esque design for the groom's tux and whatnot!

... You came for me. That's all that matters.
Well that's what I mean, it'd still be a traditional wedding dress and tuxedo, just with elements of their character designs to make them unique to the theme. But obviously it's up to you.

Also you should have someone else dressed as Sephiroth, and when it's time to cut the cake, he drops from the ceiling and runs his sword through....the cake. emotion_awesome #totallykidding #kindofnotkidding emotion_dowant

Aah, I getcha now! I did throw around the idea of having my hair styled after Aerith's. I know I wouldn't be able to get that beautiful twist of hers, but the ribbon is an absolute must!

Friendly Bookworm

Congrats on the announcement! This isn't the first I've had a Final Fantasy themed wedding scene happen (I was able to witness a proposal at Distant Worlds with Arnie Roth helping the guy pop the question. Quote me for the whole story)

You can probably make centerpieces at your reception have marbles and seashells to represent The Forgotten City. A small fountain for decoration would be nice too. (And maybe have people toss some change in for the honeymoon and good wishes to you both!)

I do have on my Pinterest in my Final Fantasy board almost the whole collection of official Final Fantasy themed cocktails to make for the bar, I'll be glad to share those too as specialty drinks.

Maybe you can add pink ribbon to your dress for that touch of Aerith? You can also make all wedding party members wear a pink ribbon on their arm to be part of the "main party" like they did in Advent Children.

Some other good music pieces:
- Rufus's Welcoming Ceremony (A good reception piece)
- Theme of Love from Final Fantasy IV. (Gotta step out of VII a tad bit, there are other sings from other games that are very romantic.)
- Crystal Theme. (A good one to play while everyone is waiting for you and your party to arrive)
- Swing De Chocobo. (From Distant Worlds. A good swing dance piece to get everyone dancing to a cheerful tune)

Enjoy the few ideas and let me know if you want the cocktail recipes. They don't have exact measurements but they do have all ingredients listed.

Beloved Wife

Laili
Congrats on the announcement! This isn't the first I've had a Final Fantasy themed wedding scene happen (I was able to witness a proposal at Distant Worlds with Arnie Roth helping the guy pop the question. Quote me for the whole story)

You can probably make centerpieces at your reception have marbles and seashells to represent The Forgotten City. A small fountain for decoration would be nice too. (And maybe have people toss some change in for the honeymoon and good wishes to you both!)

I do have on my Pinterest in my Final Fantasy board almost the whole collection of official Final Fantasy themed cocktails to make for the bar, I'll be glad to share those too as specialty drinks.

Maybe you can add pink ribbon to your dress for that touch of Aerith? You can also make all wedding party members wear a pink ribbon on their arm to be part of the "main party" like they did in Advent Children.

- Theme of Love from Final Fantasy IV. (Gotta step out of VII a tad bit, there are other sings from other games that are very romantic.)
- Crystal Theme. (A good one to play while everyone is waiting for you and your party to arrive)
- Swing De Chocobo. (From Distant Worlds. A good swing dance piece to get everyone dancing to a cheerful tune)

Enjoy the few ideas and let me know if you want the cocktail recipes. They don't have exact measurements but they do have all ingredients listed.

I would LOVE to hear the story! Ugh, Distant Worlds is a dream for me.
Your ideas have made me giggle and squeal, I really love your creativity! The cocktails are extremely intriguing.

Gracious Giver

8,650 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
My friends are doing the same thing. They were inspired by my friend going to her cousins Star Wars themed wedding. It would make more sense if both my friends liked Final Fantasy but alas, the bride has no idea about it and has never really played the game. The groom is making weapons and asked us to pick characters. I gave him two and I shall see who I get. I tried to talk my friend into walking down to this pretty recording of Aerith's theme done by an orchestra but she won't do it. Other than the weapons, I don't think there will be much of FInal Fantasy incorporated into the decorations... So it will be really silly I feel but I will help how I can!

Congrats too smile

Friendly Bookworm

beloved cetra
Laili

I would LOVE to hear the story! Ugh, Distant Worlds is a dream for me.
Your ideas have made me giggle and squeal, I really love your creativity! The cocktails are extremely intriguing.

I was in Toronto in March 2012 for Distant Worlds. Arnie was doing fabulous with the show with Nobou. Arnie is about to announce "Aerith's Theme" when he says "We have a message from Cloud!"

All of us in the audience looked at one another. Mom and I looked at each other and she goes "I don't know who Cloud is, is this good news?" I looked at my neighbor and we said "Are we getting a big announcement or something?"

The scene where Aerith finds Cloud in her church appears on screen. And as the scene continued, a text bubble was changed. Cloud made the proposal to a "Cheryl" in the audience. The spotlight beamed on the couple in which the ring was presented. She said yes.

Afterwords at the meet and greet. Arnie and Nobuo signed all their merchandise (telling security to back off) and wished them the best of luck.

Here's my Final Fantasy board on Pinterest for those cocktails and maybe a little inspiration on something in here:
https://www.pinterest.com/jmanson89/final-fantasy/
I hope you cut the cake with a replica of the buster sword

Adorable Duck

6,425 Points
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
Congratulations! Some small details (the devil is in the details after all)
Are you going to have tables at the reception or since ti is a church scene are the guests going to be in pews/benches? Pews/benches can be decorated to resemble the architecture of the lost city. As in looking like grey petrified wood, grey/white shells, or marble stone. Possibly could be decorated with materia or shell motifs!

If tables, the tables can be decorated the same way, with napkins that are of the main color of your wedding, with a border of the sub color, and matching paper plates. That is of course if your reception is serving food.

Stepping out of ff7, you could incorporate the song from when Rinoa and Squall meet and dance at your reception if you plan on doing any dancing?

As for a more traditional feeling wedding dress that is still ff inspired (yet again) stepping away from 7 there are a few dresses from the rest of the series that could work. For example, Yuna (might be a little flirty with how much leg is shown though), Garnet's Princess dress (minus tiara if you would like a veil instead) would probably make the best wedding gown.

Flowers Blooming In The Church might be something nice for the guests to be seated too before the ceremony starts?

I'll put in a few links to the ost's so you can judge for yourself which songs might fit where. That comes to personal taste of you and your groom.

Garnet Dress

Yuna Dress

ff7 ost

ff8 ost

Learned Protagonist

31,525 Points
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Redecorator 50
  • Deal Me In 50
Bridesmaids cosplaying Tifa emotion_drool

Toxic Fatcat

Congratulations!!! heart
My idea would be to decorate your tables with containers of those little squishy balls that you can buy at dollar stores, they absorb water and grow to roughly the same size (in any colour you want).
They can represent materia, and you can either put them in a bowl full of water and with a fish or two or at the bottom of a vase filled with lillies!

heart
Best wishes to you and yours!!!
i wish i were the wedding singer. whee

Beloved Sweetheart

12,625 Points
  • Married 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Battle: KO 200
Congratulations heart

Hopeful Lunatic

13,975 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Nafretiti
Or there is this one:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The pink dress, it is a little more plain but you could turn it white if you didn't like the color and just customize it a little but, like Kuja said, keep the design to an extent at least.

the pink dress is a design by Yoshitaka Amano. It was included in Dissidia Duodecim as an alternate outfit for those who got aerith from prologus. anyway, you could go with a traditional wedding dress and just make the rest of the party cosplay. lol. or the groomsmen could wear soldier uniforms. I'm sure that if aerith was gonna get married, she'd wear a pure white dress, white material (maybe as a necklace or earings) and have lots of pretty flowers. Zack (or cloud if you think that match works better) would wear whatever aerith chooses (meaning probably a tux.) Don't forget the Ribbon! It protects against most if not all status ailments. lol. If you want the groomsmen in tuxedos, you can tell people they are turks. heck, the bridesmaids can be turks too!

Beloved Wife

TheStillPrettyMadHatter
Congratulations!!! heart
My idea would be to decorate your tables with containers of those little squishy balls that you can buy at dollar stores, they absorb water and grow to roughly the same size (in any colour you want).
They can represent materia, and you can either put them in a bowl full of water and with a fish or two or at the bottom of a vase filled with lillies!

heart
Best wishes to you and yours!!!

I actually saw a seller on Etsy make materia using cracked marbles, and I managed to recreate it perfectly after searching for a DIY! So I'm going to be using them to fill the bottom of vases before adding water and lilies.

Cracked Marble Materia

Beloved Wife

Monstrocker
Congratulations heart

Thanks! I love your avatar by the way~!

Beloved Wife

dreamers last ruined kiss
Congratulations! Some small details (the devil is in the details after all)
Are you going to have tables at the reception or since ti is a church scene are the guests going to be in pews/benches? Pews/benches can be decorated to resemble the architecture of the lost city. As in looking like grey petrified wood, grey/white shells, or marble stone. Possibly could be decorated with materia or shell motifs!

If tables, the tables can be decorated the same way, with napkins that are of the main color of your wedding, with a border of the sub color, and matching paper plates. That is of course if your reception is serving food.

Stepping out of ff7, you could incorporate the song from when Rinoa and Squall meet and dance at your reception if you plan on doing any dancing?

As for a more traditional feeling wedding dress that is still ff inspired (yet again) stepping away from 7 there are a few dresses from the rest of the series that could work. For example, Yuna (might be a little flirty with how much leg is shown though), Garnet's Princess dress (minus tiara if you would like a veil instead) would probably make the best wedding gown.

Flowers Blooming In The Church might be something nice for the guests to be seated too before the ceremony starts?

I'll put in a few links to the ost's so you can judge for yourself which songs might fit where. That comes to personal taste of you and your groom.

Garnet Dress

Yuna Dress

ff7 ost

ff8 ost

The few churches that we have our eyes on has a dining area that we're going to use for the reception. The groom's mother is currently on the lookout for white driftwood and large shells that we can use to decorate with.

I originally wanted guests to be seated to "The Promised Land" from AC's OST, but the groom and my mother both likened it to funeral music so I scrapped the idea. AC's "Aerith's Theme" will be playing throughout the entire ceremony, so "FBitC" will be a really good choice to use before-hand. I didn't think of that!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff