Welcome to Gaia! ::

Clean Rabbit

5,450 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Signature Look 250
Yes, I know there's already been threads on this upcoming gem of a game, but since I can't post in them any more because GAIA has declared them "old and decrepid", I have no choice but to create a new one.

No really, GAIA wouldn't let me post in the old ones. At all. scream

So the game comes out this summer. Hopefully, it being a digital download title, it will cost $20 or less. That said, it would definitely be a grand deal considering new games nowadays usually cost $60. I do plan on buying it A.S.A.P., if just for the customization aspect of it. 400-700 items per character? That's unprecedented. Tekken Tag 2 doesn't have anything on that! (Well, as far as I've researched, any ways.) Excellent gameplay will also be a key factor in me learning VF5 Final Showdown.

But I do wonder if it'll have any console-exclusive modes. Not that it really needs any, but it could increase sales and newcomers to the genre. Who knows?
Apparently, it's going to have a tutorial in the vein of Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution.

I am still astonished this is actually being put out there.

I hope it sells well enough to warrant future installments to come to the west.

In fact, awareness has been, somewhat, raised with the inclusion of Akira in DoA, which I'm not 100% sure how to feel about it. I say this because no one would shut up about the "Ryu rip-off" at my college. Bad or good buzz, VF is getting some recognition from non-fighting game players.

Clean Rabbit

5,450 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Signature Look 250
I'm definitely excited for the tutorial mode in Final Showdown to be like VF4Evolution. I seriously could use a big refresher on multiple aspects of FS's gameplay systems. (Multiple-input throw escapes are definitely one of them...)

In regards to the future, how will Virtua Fighter continue to innovate? Gameplay is considered the best and deepest in the genre. Can they revolutionize anything more in their games? What kind of new fighting styles will we see in upcoming installments? Essentially, will they ever make a Virtua Fighter 6 if Final Showdown is indeed "THE Final Showdown"?
ZX Virtuous
I'm definitely excited for the tutorial mode in Final Showdown to be like VF4Evolution. I seriously could use a big refresher on multiple aspects of FS's gameplay systems. (Multiple-input throw escapes are definitely one of them...)

In regards to the future, how will Virtua Fighter continue to innovate? Gameplay is considered the best and deepest in the genre. Can they revolutionize anything more in their games? What kind of new fighting styles will we see in upcoming installments? Essentially, will they ever make a Virtua Fighter 6 if Final Showdown is indeed "THE Final Showdown"?

I don't know, but it doesn't hurt to keep things a little fresh. There has been a release date and the community's site speed has been so slow/temporarily non-responsive from the announcement.

Quote:
It's been almost 1 year since Sega announced Final Showdown for consoles, and now we finally have a release date! The game is set for release on June 5th on PlayStation Network and June 6th on Xbox Live!

Read the press below for more details!

SAN FRANCISCO & LONDON - May 14, 2012 - SEGA® of America Inc. and SEGA® Europe Ltd. today announced that the console release date and retail price for Virtua Fighter™ 5 Final Showdown. The stand-alone downloadable 3D fighting game is set to make its console debut on June 5 for PlayStation®Network and June 6 for Xbox LIVE® Arcade for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft. Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown will be priced at $14.99/ £9.99/ AUD$18.25/ €12.99 for PSN and 1,200 Microsoft Points for XBLA.

Character customization DLC packs will be available immediately upon launch for all 19 fighters, with each character customization pack costing $4.99/ £3.59/ AUD$6.25/ €4.49 for PSN and 400 Microsoft Points for XBLA, and will contain 600-950 customization items. Two additional customization packs, consisting of nine characters’ worth of DLC items and the other with 10 characters’ worth, will also be available at launch for $14.99/ £9.99/ AUD$18.25/ €12.99 each on PSN and 1,200 Microsoft Points each on XBLA.

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown brings the latest arcade version of the Virtua Fighter 5 series to consoles worldwide, adding two new characters—Virtua Fighter 3 favorite Taka-Arashi and newcomer Jean Kujo—and dynamic and interactive fighting arenas. Console-only features include a robust and detailed Training Mode, eight player Online Room Match Mode, and a match record feature to replay, save, and upload fights. Developed by AM2, the console version of Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown will bring the storied franchise’s detailed balance, overhauled fighting mechanics, and extreme depth to new audiences and VF veterans alike in the acclaimed series’ best version yet.

http://virtuafighter.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/321763/1

Clean Rabbit

5,450 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Signature Look 250
I apologize for that. I usually make it a point to keep this thread up to date, but with real life issues to deal with recently, I've had to readjust my priorities. Thanks for providing the release date info, Culdra. I was meaning to post that up (along with the YouTube trailer).
This game's gonna be great... If I ever get it. If it's available in disc form then there'd be a greater chance of that happening.
Sorry for the double post, but this is so worth it. Quality set.

I cannot wait. Virtua Fighter Kids and VF4 Evo were my favorite fighters when I was younger. Bought VF5 on PS3 and 360, definitely buying it for both once FS comes out.
if this will be the last vf game then perhaps we'll be seeing our beloved vf characters in the dead or alive games.
so yeah, its out and i like it. im no good at it and am learning, but its very technical. like any 3d fighter i suppose. 15 bux! ya cant beat that!

Clean Rabbit

5,450 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Signature Look 250
To NRG or anyone else who has the game: Does the game come with some character customization features in the game, or does customization only come through the DLC content?

Loiterer

9,650 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Brandisher 100
ZX Virtuous
To NRG or anyone else who has the game: Does the game come with some character customization features in the game, or does customization only come through the DLC content?
It only comes through the DLC content, which sucks. =/

Clean Rabbit

5,450 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Signature Look 250
Juice-Kun
ZX Virtuous
That's the impression I got from Youtube-ing American versions of the game. Something else I noticed from the few videos I've seen as well...NONE of the awesome pre-versus-screen intros (look up any arcade match from Final Showdown) appear to have made it into this either. I thought those added some more personality to not only the cast, but to the person using the specific character...

Even still, the core gameplay delivers on a level I've rarely seen in other fighters.

Loiterer

9,650 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Brandisher 100
ZX Virtuous
Juice-Kun
ZX Virtuous
That's the impression I got from Youtube-ing American versions of the game. Something else I noticed from the few videos I've seen as well...NONE of the awesome pre-versus-screen intros (look up any arcade match from Final Showdown) appear to have made it into this either. I thought those added some more personality to not only the cast, but to the person using the specific character...

Even still, the core gameplay delivers on a level I've rarely seen in other fighters.
Yeah those intros were pretty damn awesome.

But since the game plays well I am not very torn about it.

Though it really is just a place holder for me until Tekken Tag 2 comes out. Not picking favorites, just been a long time Tekken player.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff