Welcome to Gaia! ::

So was anyone else extremely disappointed with Soul Calibur 5? I mean, there totally wasn't any more storylines for each character. They only gave a damn about Patroklos and Pyrrha, whose stories were very disappointing and cliche. It was annoying. Also, I felt that the makes became lazy. I mean, there are 3 characters who have no original styles: Kilik, Elysium, and Edge Master. WTF one is enough.

Although I really like the style of Viola.

For the last game of my favorite fighting game, SCV was very disappointing for me. I highly prefer Soul Calibur 4. scream

Hallowed Hunter

The7thKira
So was anyone else extremely disappointed with Soul Calibur 5? I mean, there totally wasn't any more storylines for each character. They only gave a damn about Patroklos and Pyrrha, whose stories were very disappointing and cliche. It was annoying. Also, I felt that the makes became lazy. I mean, there are 3 characters who have no original styles: Kilik, Elysium, and Edge Master. WTF one is enough.

Although I really like the style of Viola.

For the last game of my favorite fighting game, SCV was very disappointing for me. I highly prefer Soul Calibur 4. scream

I think its better than 4 in most ways. Though the lack of content and stuff just recycled from IV is ridiculous. The also removed characters which is just a terrible idea.

Tricky Shapeshifter

12,800 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
They removed Talim which is unacceptable. ZWEI's fighting style is awful, or I'm just not good with him. Cervantes has turned from awesome undead demon pirate to a flamboyant butt pirate (also nerfed to death). I do like how they gave Amy her own fighting style instead of a knock-off of Raphael's. Rock is gone, also unacceptable. The story was garbage and I would mistake Patroklos and Pyrrha for lovers had I not known better. Bonus features like character bios and whatnot are non-existent, you have to buy bonus music. Critical finishes are gone which is okay with me since it was near impossible to do them anyways, and I'm okay with the super attacks.

I haven't tried character customization, so no input on that.

There's a fighting game subforum btw.

Invisible Grabber

10,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
I wish I could play this game with one hand.

Devoted Sage

They cut Talim from the game without any justification. That's reason enough for me to hate it.
Blaze the Fire Dragon
They removed Talim which is unacceptable. ZWEI's fighting style is awful, or I'm just not good with him. Cervantes has turned from awesome undead demon pirate to a flamboyant butt pirate (also nerfed to death). I do like how they gave Amy her own fighting style instead of a knock-off of Raphael's. Rock is gone, also unacceptable. The story was garbage and I would mistake Patroklos and Pyrrha for lovers had I not known better. Bonus features like character bios and whatnot are non-existent, you have to buy bonus music. Critical finishes are gone which is okay with me since it was near impossible to do them anyways, and I'm okay with the super attacks.

I haven't tried character customization, so no input on that.

There's a fighting game subforum btw.

Viola isn't Amy, actually, if that's who you're thinking about. And about the fighting game subforum, I only remember it after posting this thread. lol.

Distinct Grabber

8,650 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Heckler 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
THE ULTIMATE DOOM
Breasts keep getting bigger and bigger...

Hmm? I thought they tried to control breast sizes this time around (well Ivy is always the exception) but they were able to control Taki's! By not putting her in there...
BananaFLCL
THE ULTIMATE DOOM

Hmm? I thought they tried to control breast sizes this time around (well Ivy is always the exception) but they were able to control Taki's! By not putting her in there...

Taki crying

Browser

5,100 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
Meh, I'm good with the characters. The only characters they removed that I liked were Amy, Talim, and Cassandra. However, I've come to like Leixia, Natsu, and Xiba. I love the customization, but I hate the lack of modes (like Weapon Master, Tower of Lost Souls, etc.).

Generous Exhibitionist

10,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Love Machine 150

So far I'm easily finding this one to be the best in the series... especially after that abomination that is Soulcalibur IV.

Generous Exhibitionist

10,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Love Machine 150
THE ULTIMATE DOOM

Boobs are considerably decreased in size this time. Only two characters in the game have even remotely gratuitous outfits, and one of those is a bonus character who -still- isn't showing as much as she did in SCIV.

All the other girls are covered up.

The only other exception is the character creation, but that's an entirely different matter.

Fashionable Lunatic

â„œinny says: SoulCalibur V makes the rest of the series look like s**t. The fighting mechanics are so much better than any of them. Plus the character creation is better.

Durem Dabbler

7,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
This guy says it all.

Garbage Duelist

16,125 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Champion 300
Poeden

So far I'm easily finding this one to be the best in the series... especially after that abomination that is Soulcalibur IV.

Agreed.

6,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Wall Street 200
I skipped Soul Calibur 3 and 4 as I didn't have the money to drive through the storys, but from 2 to 5 I noticed that the story was s**t; sure there is a more complex story than "stop nightmare"(my soul btw, no cheapness though), but it was much too short. I think they were going to just go with online play and character creation and be done. Legendary souls is not fair at all though :/ even if I spam I lose T.T

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff