Clean Junior

6,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Heavy Artillery
Solblade44
Heavy Artillery
Been in love with this game since prerelease and now that it's here, I can't put it down. ;v ;

Maining my homegirl Peacock! She's just way too much fun to play as. Even if I suck hardcore ;-; My execution is a**. Hopefully that'll come with time.

The funny thing I find is how EVERY character has people crying about how OP they are, lol. Apparently everyone needs to be simultaneously buffed and nerfed haha

Pretty much. I think the one nerf that does need to happen though is Double's Hornet Bomber Assist (hard kick variant) because it's missing the vulnerability frames upon start up. Not a big change (It's only a 3 frame vulnerability), but it does make it more fair so that you can knock Double out of it if you can see her coming.

Other than that, I've seen complaints about most of the cast, mostly about Cerebella (oh mah gawd, her Something Spectacular special does way too much damage!) and Parasoul. Actually, I don't I've seen anyone complain about Painwheel yet; I'm probably looking in the wrong places or not enough people play her.

Despite cries for nerfs/buffs, these people seem to forget that you can dodge and block these moves. Heck, I've heard Mike Z complain about people who don't block.

lol yeah, it's amazing how much better you do when you remember to block haha!

I've seen complaints about how Peacock's zoning is too spammy/OP (one person insisted that all of her moves needed reduced damage and she needed some weird ridiculous limitations lol), about Valentine and how her reach is too long and her moves hit too fast, how Fortune's head messes up people's GDLK COMBOS, Double is unreadable and how Filia is SO MASHY. rolleyes

So basically... a bunch of BS! XP

Painwheel is a bit harder to come by since yeah, she seems to be the least played character ): But even for her, I've seen folks complaining that her flying is unfairly good haha. Pretty much it's that every character excels at something and some people just don't like that I guess!

Hornet Bomber does seem to be the big thing right now, but afaik the devs are gonna wait and see if it's really as big an issue as people are making it out to be, or if it'll get figured out. I think that's their approach to any balance patching type deals isn't it?

Wow, no offence but don't talk like you're a god/goddess at this game. Sure hearing people complain about some characters can be annoying sometimes but that doesn't mean that they're wrong. Yes Peacock is spammy as hell if put into the wrong hands. And Filia being smashy? What does that even mean? And doubles moves are hard to read considering that her body is a made up of a series of contorted bodies and you can't tell which attack is coming from where. Don't get me wrong I still love this game but get off your damn high horse

Cluttered Browser

26,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
My Main is Cerebella and i have heard from people that she is "OP"
But seriously.. just like EVERY character in the game she has flaws/weaknesses.

I do love playing rushdown with her though. c:
Mermaid Eater

Except that people today expect the developers to "fix" the characters instead of learning how to deal with them. Though I've found out recently that there are plans to do some balancing, Mike Z stated that he likes Cerebella where she's at now. That doesn't mean that she won't be fixed, but if she is, it won't be super major changes. I'm actually curious as to what Reverge is gonna do since one of them stated he has an idea in mind for the fixes.

Clean Junior

6,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Solblade44
Mermaid Eater

Except that people today expect the developers to "fix" the characters instead of learning how to deal with them. Though I've found out recently that there are plans to do some balancing, Mike Z stated that he likes Cerebella where she's at now. That doesn't mean that she won't be fixed, but if she is, it won't be super major changes. I'm actually curious as to what Reverge is gonna do since one of them stated he has an idea in mind for the fixes.
Do you happen to watch Maximillion videos? Because thats the exact same thing he said about fixing the characters.
Captain Totoro
Solblade44
Mermaid Eater

Do you happen to watch Maximillion videos? Because thats the exact same thing he said about fixing the characters.

I don't, I just hang around on the Skullgirls Facebook page since Peter, the guy who is usually dealing with the questions and stuff, runs the page. In fact it was Peter himself who said he had the ideas about the changes earlier this week.

Perfect Winner

10,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
One of the main reasons people love Cerebella so much is cause she does so much damage with her hits. you dont have to be necessarily good just land a few lucky hits as a single picked character using her and you do rather well.

This is me practicing with a friend. I need to redownload the command pdf. I forgot many of the moves but im player one.

Blessed Heckler

Captain Totoro
Wow, no offence but don't talk like you're a god/goddess at this game. Sure hearing people complain about some characters can be annoying sometimes but that doesn't mean that they're wrong. Yes Peacock is spammy as hell if put into the wrong hands. And Filia being smashy? What does that even mean? And doubles moves are hard to read considering that her body is a made up of a series of contorted bodies and you can't tell which attack is coming from where. Don't get me wrong I still love this game but get off your damn high horse

Late reply, but I was talking about other people's complaints, not my own lmao

I'm by no means great at this game, but my point was that other people are already calling for the characters to be "fixed" because they're "broken"... when they just haven't figured how to deal yet. People say "oh X character is for scrubs" when they can't deal with their tactics or figure out how to use them

In completely unrelated news, Marie be a b***h. She's too hard lol. I can clear Ridiculous on arcade (with peacock...) no sweat, no losses, but as soon as I get up to Marie's fight it's bye bye birdie ;-; I know it's on ridiculous difficulty but this is just ridiculous! XP

Rainbow Harvester

10,350 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Invisibility 100
Heavy Artillery

lol yeah, it's amazing how much better you do when you remember to block haha!

I've seen complaints about how Peacock's zoning is too spammy/OP (one person insisted that all of her moves needed reduced damage and she needed some weird ridiculous limitations lol), about Valentine and how her reach is too long and her moves hit too fast, how Fortune's head messes up people's GDLK COMBOS, Double is unreadable and how Filia is SO MASHY. rolleyes

So basically... a bunch of BS! XP

Painwheel is a bit harder to come by since yeah, she seems to be the least played character ): But even for her, I've seen folks complaining that her flying is unfairly good haha. Pretty much it's that every character excels at something and some people just don't like that I guess!

Hornet Bomber does seem to be the big thing right now, but afaik the devs are gonna wait and see if it's really as big an issue as people are making it out to be, or if it'll get figured out. I think that's their approach to any balance patching type deals isn't it?
I've been seeing alot of these complaints too, but it seems like they stem more from people not knowing how to play against certain characters. >: With Valentine, yeah her moves are fast, but she does so little damage and it's not like it's difficult to block these attacks. >_>; And I find Double to be totally readable, you just have to learn her frames. o:

I've never acatually heard that complaint about Painwheel and I find it to be pretty funny. xD She can't block when she's flying so it's more like she's giving you a free hit. From what I know, all the characters have an anti-air attack so Painwheel's flying really shouldn't be a problem for anyone, it's never been a problem for me. xD

Also with all the people complaining about Cerabella's grabs, people just need to learn to either tek it with their own grab or vertical jump to avoid it. And if people are getting comboed into the grabs, they need to learn to use their advanced gaurd to push her away while blocking. xD When I play against Cerabella I tek and use advanced gaurd ALOT which leads me to victory. c:
Alright, looks like a list of changes in the upcoming patch has surfaced but as its not final, some things may be added or taken out. I'll post it here just to rouse some discussion: Upcoming Changes

I think the tournament mode is cool, though seeing as its made for tournaments, I can't see myself using it that much. Still, its a cool idea.

Changes to how the Infinite Prevention System are being made. Apparently, its going back to how Mike Z originally envisioned it since it got changed to what it is now before it launched. Anyways, I like how the game is going to be centered more around resets now.

Then there's the buffs/nerfs. Well, I won't say anything yet since I'm pretty sure what's going to surface though I do want to know what the rest of you all think.
Valentine is my main. I love this game to bits. It's so awesome and fun. emotion_bigheart

Blessed Heckler

I play Peacock pretty much always, so I'm not too bothered by the changes in the patch. I'll deal with a slower teleport for an easier to pull off Goodfellas. XP

I have seen some people getting real mad about all the Double changes, though. hehe. She's still gonna be a good character, but HB just won't be so ridiculous as an assist now.

In other news, it's been a while since release now and I am biting my nails for the first DLC character. I'm anticipating midsummer for her release?

With all the whiteboard art devoted to her, my bets are on Squigly being the first DLC gal. Well, I hope so, anyways. She seems cool.

Clean Junior

6,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Does anyone know if there is going to be any DLC costumes? I'll be honest and say that I just play the game and don't really keep up to date with the wholes news and DLC about it
Skullgirls sweet. I've always wanted to play against with other people the Xbox. I guess I use Filia and Parasoul
Captain Totoro
Does anyone know if there is going to be any DLC costumes? I'll be honest and say that I just play the game and don't really keep up to date with the wholes news and DLC about it

Considering that there's was a bunch that didn't make it into the game, I'm just assuming that they'll be selling them at a later date.

Heavy Artillery
I play Peacock pretty much always, so I'm not too bothered by the changes in the patch. I'll deal with a slower teleport for an easier to pull off Goodfellas. XP

I have seen some people getting real mad about all the Double changes, though. hehe. She's still gonna be a good character, but HB just won't be so ridiculous as an assist now.

In other news, it's been a while since release now and I am biting my nails for the first DLC character. I'm anticipating midsummer for her release?

With all the whiteboard art devoted to her, my bets are on Squigly being the first DLC gal. Well, I hope so, anyways. She seems cool.

Same here about Peacock. I remember the first time seeing the Goodfellas move and love it. Probably one of my favorite moves in the game.

As for the first DLC character, I'm also pretty sure its gonna be Squigly too. She's one of the most popular characters and of course, all that whiteboard art they did. As for a date, I'd say anywhere between mid-June to July. It takes them 2-3 months to make a character since they have to draw, animate, and do play testing. Since I remember hearing someone say they started work on the first DLC character a little bit before the game came out, it should be happening soon along with the patch.

Blessed Heckler

Captain Totoro

Well, there will most likely be DLC colors. Like Solblade said, there were a LOT of colors in prerelease videos that didn't make it into the final game.

Anyway... Actual costumes would be extremely impractical because they would require completely re-animating the entire character with the new outfit, fyi.

So yes to DLC colors, no to DLC costumes.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff