Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shadowy Noob

6,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100

2 old characters and 2.5 new characters showcased. More people shown when the vid gets to the fatalities.

What do you think? Particularly of the new characters? ninja

Kawaii Autobiographer

4,600 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Happy Birthday! 100
I haven't actually been able to watch it. I just hope if Mileena gets in, that she isn't just overcompensating for her face with her body.

Bryagh's Significant Otter

Virtuous Man-Lover

Sub-Zero: A good, albeit strange redesign. No complaints here, especially if this one maintains the classic costumes.

Scorpion: Arguably the best design for the character I've ever seen, besides classic. I love that it looks as though he's a full rogue now, though I admit the gameplay footage takes away from this a bit compared to the cinematic trailer.

D'Vorah: Different, but unique. Her abilities, moves, and fatalities are creative and I can only imagine the stuff we haven't been shown. An insect 'elemental' feels long overdo, and fits the series very well.

Cassie Cage: I hate everything about this design. I never liked Johnny Cage, I never liked Sonya Blade, and this girl seems to have all of each of her parents' worst traits. She's uninspired, dull, and honestly fairly annoying to look at. But... that's just me.

Kotal Kahn: He's perfect for this universe. An Aztec blood god with some similarities to voodoo feels right at home. He's a good design as far as I'm concerned, and looks like he could be fun.

Ferra/Torr: Probably the most surprising of the new reveals so far. I love the idea of Mortal Kombat extending beyond its previous "everybody of the same gender has the same body-type" habits, and the idea of a 'duo' type character could make this one stand out a lot.

I also love that environments are finally interactive, and that each character has multiple play-styles. I was really wondering how Mortal Kombat 9 could improve, seeing as how it was basically the perfect MK, and it's seemingly like they've found a way. I also love how the stages look. The one with the skull cave in the background and all the water was especially cool.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff